[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies / Releases [SR3]

Search This thread

Pallinaama

Mar 4, 2014
this seems to be quicker than cm 11.
i cannot see proximity sensor in this version.
do i have install that and calibrate sensor?

pat99

Dec 4, 2013
Dortmund
Not working anymore phone freezes after removing battery
phone is stuck on bootlogo :(

SR3 Works fine here. Just flashed and everything seems OKie. Do you mind changing recovery back to CWM 5.8.1.5 Official! Because it turned out that Philz CWM 6.0.4.7 has hanged me on bootanimation when i flashed SR3 few days ago.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    These are UNOFFICIAL CM10.1 JellyBean Nightlies / Releases brought to you by Mustaavalkosta and TeamCodefire as a continuum to CM10 nightlies.

GijgSN5.png
    A1gKSTb.png
    dz0CEmg.png
    TVboRJ4.png

#include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

General:
    Builds are generated automatically each day week (except "releases" which will be done once a month and after SR1 when required) with latest changes from CM, Andromadus and myself. Builds use some required Andromadus' repos for msm7x30 that can be found from github (link below) and local device repo for ace. Kernel is based on synergye's KangBang kernel with some changes to fulfill some dependencies on this rom. Local manifest used for the builds can be found here. If the builds stop coming at some point, it most likely means there are changes in upstream that broke the build. I'll attend to solving such situations when I have time. Latest 7 nightlies will be kept on the server. If you want a longer history of them, you are free to archive them yourself.

Thanks and credits:
    • Andromadus (for msm7x30 repos)
    • CodeAuroraForum
    • CyanogenMod
    • BananaGranola
    • Epic Beard Men
    • eXistZ
    • Flemmard
    • Flinny
    • Juansheng
    • KangBangKreations (shipped kernel is based on this)
    • paulb_nl
    • thachtunganh (s2w)
    • PipelinerArd (for initial spark for this project)
    • synergye
    • TeamCodefire (for build server and hosting, priceless)
    • a user (for provided tweaks)
    • Flow-Wolf (for the video review, see Q&A)
    • All the rest that have helped to construct these builds and develop software for ace directly or indirectly in the past.

Githubs:

Changelogs:

Fresh installation instructions:
    20130313 and newer nightlies are not compatible with KangBang 3.x or older!
    1. Download Nightlies / Releases [BasketBuild mirror]
    2. Download gapps (goo.im/gapps)
    3. Put the files on SD card.
    4. Reboot to recovery.
    5. Do factory reset (ie. format /data, /cache, /sd-ext and /sdcard/.android_secure)
    6. Flash cm-10.1-xxxxxxxx-UNOFFICIAL-ace.zip
    7. Flash gapps-jb-xxxxxxxx-signed.zip
    8. Reboot and enjoy.

Update installation instructions:
    20130313 and newer nightlies are not compatible with KangBang 3.x or older!
    1. Download Nightlies / Releases [BasketBuild mirror]
    2. Put the file on SD card.
    3. Reboot to recovery.
    4. Flash cm-10.1-xxxxxxxx-UNOFFICIAL-ace.zip
    5. Remember to reflash boot.img via fastboot if you are HTCDev unlocked.
    6. No need to flash gapps as CM backuptool script should take care of them.
    7. Reboot and enjoy.

InspireMod

Donations:
    (codefi.re donations are used to cover the server costs, my donations will be used to increase my beard growth in a way or another)

Q&A:
    Q: What's "M-Series"?
    A:
    CyanogenMod said:
    We aren’t exactly sure what M stands for. “Monthly”, “milestone”, or perhaps “MINE ALL MINE!”. Whatever it is, I hope that we are meeting the needs of community.

Q: Where are my developer and performance options?
    A: http://goo.gl/jpS8r

Q: I've used HTC Dev unlock and flashed the rom but it won't boot. What should I do?
    A: HTC Dev unlock is pretty much useless when flashing roms from recovery. Until HTC One, it doesn't allow flashing boot partition from recovery which pretty much kills or cripples any custom rom if boot.img has been modified. You need to extract boot.img from the zip and flash it via fastboot. If you don't have fastboot executable anymore from flashing recovery, install Android SDK platform tools (Linux users should find it from distro's package management) and then reboot to bootloader, open command prompt and navigate to the location you extracted your boot.img and type:

Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img

You need to repeat this everytime you flash new version of this rom to ensure everything will work fluently as long as you have just basic HTC Dev unlock.

Q: What does the ROM look like?
    A: Video review by Flow-Wolf.

Q: Feature X doesn't work, let's make 1000 posts about it to annoy everyone.
    A: Please, dont. Use search and then use search again and only then report your problem with necessary logs. [Logcat guide, thanks to MusikMonk for the link]

Q: I hate you for not fixing this issue X!!!
    A: I love you too.

Q: How I can build CM10.1 myself?
    A: Setup a basic Android build environment.
    Code:
    mkdir cm10
    cd cm10/
    repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-10.1
    mkdir -p .repo/local_manifests
    wget https://github.com/Mustaavalkosta/android/raw/cm-10.1/local_manifest.xml -O .repo/local_manifests/cm_ace.xml
    repo sync
    cd vendor/cm/
    ./get-prebuilts
    cd ../../
    . build/envsetup.sh
    lunch cm_ace-userdebug
    mka bacon
    Once the build finishes you'll find your goods from out/target/product/ace/ directory.

Q: My device rebooted itself all the way to the white HTC bootsplash. What should I do?
    A:
    Regarding the reboots, it would be incredibly helpful if someone could get a last_kmsg after an unexpected reboot. To do so, go directly to recovery after the reboot (without booting into android) via the volume key and power button, then run adb pull /proc/last_kmsg on your computer and upload. I thought the issue was stemming from out of pmem errors like on vision which is why I increased pmem allocation again. Without any evidence, it's just guesswork though.
    Flashable zip to copy /proc/last_ksmg to your sdcard, no adb needed: http://downloads.codefi.re/mustaavalkosta/last_kmsg.zip

Q: Something about something something something.
    A: Ask the guy/gal next to you.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies / Releases [SR3], ROM for the HTC Desire HD

Contributors
    Mustaavalkosta
    ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: SR3
    Stable Release Date: 2013-11-25

Created 2014-10-09
    Last Updated 2014-10-09
    SR1

This will be the last milestone release until CM puts out another stable release or I get big enough breakthrough somewhere that it will require building a new ROM. This is just a heads up not to wait milestone builds to continue monthly. There's not much point to release almost identical ROMs just that people can feel they have the latest stuff in their phones. For that purpose there are nightlies. :)

I also cleaned up directory structure a bit on codefi.re and thus also on goo.im. Nightlies can be found under "nightlies" directory from now on and these milestone builds are under "releases". I hope this change makes it a bit easier to follow the logic behind the builds.

Thanks for all the contributions since RC5!

Download: [codefi.re][goo.im]
    Buttonlight patch: [codefi.re][goo.im]
    Perf kernel: [codefi.re][goo.im]
    Changelog: [pastebin]
    Manifest: [github]

ps. I recently got asked for an Android related job and I'll start soon so my time with this will be a bit more limited than it has been this far but I don't see this as a huge problem as the most time-consuming and urgent stage for this rom is already far behind.
    I changed crontab for nightlies to only produce a nightly build once a week on Mondays. There are not that many changes anymore that they would require daily builds. This frees build server resources for other users.

I may still do SR1.2 at some point. My personal feel of the dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit change is that the lower value works better and I probably want to put that change out to SR releases too. It has been live on nightlies for some time.

I'm now living at the new place and my move went smoothly. It's still a bit chaotic but I hope to get back to working on ace soon. Thanks for all the help and support on this thread for the past ~7.5 months. Many problems wouldn't have been solved without wide user feedback and testing. :)
    SR2

So, here it is. It took a bit longer than an hour overall due various things but oh well, sleep is for the weak. :p

Download: [codefi.re][goo.im]
    Buttonlight patch: [codefi.re][goo.im]
    Perf kernel: [codefi.re][goo.im]
    Changelog: [pastebin][codefi.re] (It doesn't include totally new repos, it was too messy with those.)
    Manifest: [github]

ps. New gapps: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip
    RC1

You can now download RC1 build from: http://downloads.codefi.re/mustaavalkosta/cm-10-1-unofficial-ace/release-candidates

BIG FAT DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS NOT COMPARABLE TO OFFICIAL CYANOGENMOD RELEASE CANDIDATES. IT'S AS UNSTABLE OR STABLE AS THE LATEST NIGHTLIES HAVE BEEN AND EPIC BEARD MEN WILL SHAVE YOU WITH AN AXE IF YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT IT NOT BEING STABLE ENOUGH TO CALL IT RELEASE CANDIDATE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Sorry for the caps but I already saw my share of useless crying about semantics on cfx thread and SR naming scheme.

Download and enjoy!