GSM Modification SPH-L900 Sprint Note 2

Search This thread

jkhrist

Jun 11, 2010
Gonna order like 3 of these things. They're only $5.99

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium HD app

johnnyPPK

Dec 13, 2010
You can't use a Sprint Note 2 on Tmobile or AT&T. It is unlocked to any GSM carrier outside of the US.

The Verizon Note 2 is fully unlocked. I've tried it successfully on Tmobile. You can't get Tmobile LTE on this version of the Note 2. You can get HSPA+ however.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Can some one try this with Lyca mobile?

It's a new tmobile MVNO but it identifies its sim otherwise (meaning you cannot use Lyca with locked tmobile phone)

theprint

Jan 21, 2012
Guagua
Hi i finish this mode and im from philippines i cant get signal. My note shows no service.
Already tried GSM/UMTS.
Anyone can help me figure this?

bikermites

Jul 29, 2013
Did anyone successfully got through with gsm on sprint galaxy note 2 , and by that I mean get it to work

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

AlpineMan

Aug 6, 2008
Hi i finish this mode and im from philippines i cant get signal. My note shows no service.
Already tried GSM/UMTS.
Anyone can help me figure this?

What modem/baseband do you have installed in your Sprint Note 2? You may need to try an older radio if you're on MC2. I'm assuming you're on Smart or Globe? You're not getting any signal whatsoever (voice / data)?

Good luck pare!

Reactions: theprint

theprint

Jan 21, 2012
Guagua
What modem/baseband do you have installed in your Sprint Note 2? You may need to try an older radio if you're on MC2. I'm assuming you're on Smart or Globe? You're not getting any signal whatsoever (voice / data)?

Good luck pare!

no installed modem yet. yeah i dont get any signal as of now.
I tried all the carrier sim here sir alpineman.
can you help me sir to fix it sir please. :D
can you give me tested link for the old modem?

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

My sprint is working now with txt and call function working in Sun cellular Philippines.

Thanks for this tread and for sir alpineman for advice.

I cant post screen shot yet xda that i need 10 post to be able to post outside links.
will post picture soon

Last edited:

theprint

Jan 21, 2012
Guagua
Screenshot.jpg~original

naxosrepair

Aug 5, 2013
THESE ARE THE STEP BY STEP THINGS I HAVE DONE TO MAKE MY SPRINT NOTE 2 SPH-L900 INTO A TRUE WORLD PHONE!!!!!
if this looks weird sorry its my first thread.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1959005 was the original thread but all my posts were cluttered and i just want to make one that shows the step by step of how i made my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SPH-L900 into a true CDMA/GSM world phone.

BASIC INFO ON WHAT I HAVE DONE:
1 ROOTED USING ODIN
2 SWITCH GSM MODULE OF N7100 (which will cause you to lose sprints 4G LTE)
3 TITANIUM BACKUP PRO
4 APN MANAGER PRO

CLICKING THANKS WOULD BE APPRECIATED HAHAHAH

EACH STEP FOR THE HARDWARE MOD HAS AN ATTACHED PICTURE

step 1 remove screws/remove sd card
step 2 i lined up the new module's sim and marked points for cutting later
step 3 remove back plate
step 4 remove the connection then remove old LTE and sd card module. you can just peel this off but it is attached with a 2 sided tape. it is pretty sticky i used a credit card to pry it off so there would not be any scratches and prevent bending the part.
step 5 install new module with sim adapter. ( i peeled off a piece of 2 sided take from the old module and used it to stick the new one on)
step 6 i cut the back plate using a dremel tool
step 7 you see that white circle with the "L1" right below the sd card hole, that actually will interfere with the new module so you have to cut some more off
step 8 this is how i cut the part off.
step 9 install back plate ( i had to fine tune the cuts with a nail file before installing the back plate perfectly. )
step 10 install back sim card and battery.

WITH THE TALK/TEXT AND DATA THIS IS WHAT I DID

If with in the USA you have to choose CDMA in you mobile network setting. doing this i have found that i am still able to connect to 3G and roam data and talk/text

when you use your simcard you have to swith to GSM/UMTS

I HAVE NOT TRIED IT WITH ATT OR TMOBILE well i lied i actually tried my international sim here in Washington dc and in new york but i would not recognize any of the networks it can roam on. maybe because its only att and tmobile that my sim would roam on.

I DONT CARE ABOUT ATT OR T-MOBILE I DID THIS MOD TO TURN MY NOTE 2 INTO TRUE A WORLD PHONE.

WARNING!!!!!!
You will lose sprints 4g connectivity (we all know that by now) but 3g will still work if you choose CDMA only in the network settings.
WARNING!!!!!!

What you need:
ROOTED NOTE 2
APN SETTINGS FOR THE NETWORK SIMCARD YOU"RE USING
Titanium Backup PRO
APN MANAGER PRO
both have to be pro versions!!!![/B]

Step 1: Download and install both apps
Step 2. Open Titanium Backup app then hit the “Backup/Restore” tab.
Step 3. Find “APN Manager PRO” and press and hold the icon.
Step 4. tap “Convert to system app”.
Step 5. Once converted, close Titanium Backup Pro and open APN Manager PRO, it might be changed to “ale.android.apnmanager…”
Step 7. You will need to insert the APN settings for your carrier. Sometimes, you may have to search a bit more to find all the necessary information, make sure you insert the correct MCC and MNC values.
Step 8. Once inserted, you can press “Swap APN” and choose the new APN and the Sprint APN so you can easily switch between the two APNs.
Step 9. Once you travel to another country, you can swap your SIM card out. Go to Mobile Network settings and chose GSM/UMTS
Step 10. Open up APN Manager PRO and simply hit “Swap APN”.
Step 11. If you used the correct APN values for the SIM you are using, you should be getting either 3G, G, H, H+ HSPA+, or 4G LTE (if you use 4G LTE SIM).

That is it!! now you have a legit world phone!!!!

i attached some screenshots.

if you find this helpful don't hesitate to click the Thanks Button

I read this tutorial, i make all this changes but my phone still ho have signal in greece... i can make calls to 112 , in manual mode search and find all greek networks but cant register in some network... the sim card regognized normally , ask me for pin no but nothing else...

some solution about this?

thanks...

dtkool

Apr 23, 2006

Theprint

Please help and provide more details: (After completed the GSM SIM Module Mod)
Use Note 2 Verizon (I605) (Backplate Housing)(Very Minor Plastic Cut at L1)
Use Note 2 Verizon (I605) (SIM Module)
Everything Fit Perfectly.

I would like to find out the following details please:
Galaxy Note 2 (SPH-L900)
What Country: ???
What Network: ???
Android Version: ??? (4.1.1) (4.1.2)(etc...)
Baseband Version: ???
Kernel Version: ???
Build Number: ???

Any link to download a good working SPRINT Galaxy Note 2 Stock Rom? (Working for this GSM Mod)

Thank you!!!

Reactions: francisatrm

AlpineMan

Aug 6, 2008
Thanks to eliasmanu for testing all the Sprint radios/basebands. The ones that he found to work are LJ1, LJC, and LK8.

Link where you can get Sprint & International GSM APN's combined in one huge APN xml file can be found when you CLICK HERE

Last edited:

theprint

Jan 21, 2012
Guagua
Theprint

Please help and provide more details: (After completed the GSM SIM Module Mod)
Use Note 2 Verizon (I605) (Backplate Housing)(Very Minor Plastic Cut at L1)
Use Note 2 Verizon (I605) (SIM Module)
Everything Fit Perfectly.

I would like to find out the following details please:
Galaxy Note 2 (SPH-L900)
What Country: ???
What Network: ???
Android Version: ??? (4.1.1) (4.1.2)(etc...)
Baseband Version: ???
Kernel Version: ???
Build Number: ???

Any link to download a good working SPRINT Galaxy Note 2 Stock Rom? (Working for this GSM Mod)

Thank you!!!
sorry for the late reply.

i dont have idea on the hradware/sim slot you use but you can try. if not working use n7100 sim module.
to answer your questions sph-l900 is sprint means carrier from us and network is obvious sprint because sph-l900 is sprint :D
my android is stock firmware from sam mobile wich is free to download 4.1.2 already.
try all baseband some of us already posted which is working it depends on what sim you will use or maybe depends on country you will use the phone.
above this reply alphineman mentioned the baseband which is working for us and tested. thanks

francisatrm

Nov 19, 2012
Washington DC Area
I'm glad this is atleast working in the Philippines

Sorry I have been really busy with work and haven't checked back here

I'm glad this is atleast working in the Philippines for the people who actually tried it.

huseki

Oct 3, 2013
Failed here in Uganda

thanks for all that useful information. I followed it to the dot and installed a simcard. Unfortunately, it shows letter "R" at the area of signal with no signal strength. When i check the settings signal strength shows -120dBm 99asu but Network is unknown and so is the mobile network type. I have had to flash the ROM with cyanogenMod 10.2 but to no avail.
What more should i do?
Regards,
Huseki

AlpineMan

Aug 6, 2008
Best practice is to stick with stock ROM until your get everything working, then you can install whatever ROM you want later. I would check your APN settings.

el_venga

May 17, 2007
i did procedure correctly but i still cant get data to work. i used hiapn with a preset apn backup that i use for other phones. i tried with sims with different operators.
apn manager pro just gives me an error when trying to swap apns and hiapn gives a no sim card inserted message. talk and text work, data is the only problem now.

AlpineMan

Aug 6, 2008
This mod only works with LJ1, LJC, and LK8 modem/baseband. Make sure you're using one of those on your phone.

Reactions: osopol4r

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THESE ARE THE STEP BY STEP THINGS I HAVE DONE TO MAKE MY SPRINT NOTE 2 SPH-L900 INTO A TRUE WORLD PHONE!!!!!
    if this looks weird sorry its my first thread.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1959005 was the original thread but all my posts were cluttered and i just want to make one that shows the step by step of how i made my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SPH-L900 into a true CDMA/GSM world phone.

BASIC INFO ON WHAT I HAVE DONE:
    1 ROOTED USING ODIN
    2 SWITCH GSM MODULE OF N7100 (which will cause you to lose sprints 4G LTE)
    3 TITANIUM BACKUP PRO
    4 APN MANAGER PRO

CLICKING THANKS WOULD BE APPRECIATED HAHAHAH

EACH STEP FOR THE HARDWARE MOD HAS AN ATTACHED PICTURE

step 1 remove screws/remove sd card
    step 2 i lined up the new module's sim and marked points for cutting later
    step 3 remove back plate
    step 4 remove the connection then remove old LTE and sd card module. you can just peel this off but it is attached with a 2 sided tape. it is pretty sticky i used a credit card to pry it off so there would not be any scratches and prevent bending the part.
    step 5 install new module with sim adapter. ( i peeled off a piece of 2 sided take from the old module and used it to stick the new one on)
    step 6 i cut the back plate using a dremel tool
    step 7 you see that white circle with the "L1" right below the sd card hole, that actually will interfere with the new module so you have to cut some more off
    step 8 this is how i cut the part off.
    step 9 install back plate ( i had to fine tune the cuts with a nail file before installing the back plate perfectly. )
    step 10 install back sim card and battery.

WITH THE TALK/TEXT AND DATA THIS IS WHAT I DID

If with in the USA you have to choose CDMA in you mobile network setting. doing this i have found that i am still able to connect to 3G and roam data and talk/text

when you use your simcard you have to swith to GSM/UMTS

I HAVE NOT TRIED IT WITH ATT OR TMOBILE well i lied i actually tried my international sim here in Washington dc and in new york but i would not recognize any of the networks it can roam on. maybe because its only att and tmobile that my sim would roam on.

I DONT CARE ABOUT ATT OR T-MOBILE I DID THIS MOD TO TURN MY NOTE 2 INTO TRUE A WORLD PHONE.

WARNING!!!!!!
    You will lose sprints 4g connectivity (we all know that by now) but 3g will still work if you choose CDMA only in the network settings.
    WARNING!!!!!!

What you need:
    ROOTED NOTE 2
    APN SETTINGS FOR THE NETWORK SIMCARD YOU"RE USING
    Titanium Backup PRO
    APN MANAGER PRO
    both have to be pro versions!!!![/B]

Step 1: Download and install both apps
    Step 2. Open Titanium Backup app then hit the “Backup/Restore” tab.
    Step 3. Find “APN Manager PRO” and press and hold the icon.
    Step 4. tap “Convert to system app”.
    Step 5. Once converted, close Titanium Backup Pro and open APN Manager PRO, it might be changed to “ale.android.apnmanager…”
    Step 7. You will need to insert the APN settings for your carrier. Sometimes, you may have to search a bit more to find all the necessary information, make sure you insert the correct MCC and MNC values.
    Step 8. Once inserted, you can press “Swap APN” and choose the new APN and the Sprint APN so you can easily switch between the two APNs.
    Step 9. Once you travel to another country, you can swap your SIM card out. Go to Mobile Network settings and chose GSM/UMTS
    Step 10. Open up APN Manager PRO and simply hit “Swap APN”.
    Step 11. If you used the correct APN values for the SIM you are using, you should be getting either 3G, G, H, H+ HSPA+, or 4G LTE (if you use 4G LTE SIM).

That is it!! now you have a legit world phone!!!!

i attached some screenshots.

if you find this helpful don't hesitate to click the Thanks Button
    Thanks to eliasmanu for testing all the Sprint radios/basebands. The ones that he found to work are LJ1, LJC, and LK8.

Link where you can get Sprint & International GSM APN's combined in one huge APN xml file can be found when you CLICK HERE

working 100%

I can confirm this method DOES WORK! I'm on Iusacell network getting H+ 21.6Mb/s.

Remember, you must be in compatible modem, I'm using LK8, flashed zip through CWM.

No need to mess with APN apps, just root your device and add the following two lines at the end of the build.prop file in /system

ril.sales_code=LOL
    ro.csc.sales_code=LOL

With that, you will see the "Access Point Names" option in Mobile Networks, which will allow you to add your APN easily.
    pdagarcia;52799072 qHow did you get the domestic unlock? Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app[/QUOTE said:
    Root, downgrade to MA7, run the S4 international unlock, follow the steps in the S4 domestic unlock guide and disable ENS, you will have to select the network maturely but it works
    Here it is in black and white. You can't use the Sprint Note 2 on AT&T, T-Mobile, Straight Talk, h2o, NET10, RedPocket, Simple Mobile, or any other US based GSM carrier or MVNO. You can use the Sprint Note 2 on Sprint's CDMA network and any GSM provider outside of the US.

The Verizon Note 2 can be used on Verizon's CDMA network and on ANY GSM carrier... including those in the US and outside the US.

I hope that clears it up for everyone.