Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius_bd

Now what is this? Seems to be the big difference between Mujeni's ROM

It uses OpenGL to render the menus and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius_bd

I dont remember such option in CM7 settings, unless you're referring to another thing. Still, your point stands valid. I wonder then maybe a lil trackpad wake zip?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-49s0vvodzS..._trackball.png
10th April 2012, 03:51 PM |#482  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinSuk

It uses OpenGL to render the menus and stuff

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-49s0vvodzS..._trackball.png

Just my own opinion, but I would much rather see GPS and Camera working before trackball wake.
I used trackball wake for quite a while, but I switched to volume rocker wake, which I like better.

Either way - GPS is something I use for weather and news, as well as for actual navigation.

Thanks for all the work on these ROMS - regardless. I've tried them both and I'm impressed with the performance - and in such a relatively short time...
10th April 2012, 04:10 PM |#483  
Flag Ansonia
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Definitely find the camera way more important than the trackball wake. They put a lock button on the phone, use it.
The Following User Says Thank You to tad1993 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tad1993 Ad-Free
10th April 2012, 04:24 PM |#484  
Flag Santiago + Gdynia
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tad1993

Definitely find the camera way more important than the trackball wake. They put a lock button on the phone, use it.

I overused it It's very faulty by now but DanGeorges is right, Volume Wake will work for now.
10th April 2012, 04:25 PM |#485  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 501

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGeorges

Just my own opinion, but I would much rather see GPS and Camera working before trackball wake.
I used trackball wake for quite a while, but I switched to volume rocker wake, which I like better.

Either way - GPS is something I use for weather and news, as well as for actual navigation.

Thanks for all the work on these ROMS - regardless. I've tried them both and I'm impressed with the performance - and in such a relatively short time...

I believe the point he was making is, he's waiting for trackball wake to be introduced into CM9 before he's going to work on it.

FWIW, I've been actively working on GPS, while Modpunk (Wildfire-S Dev) is working on the camera. I've had to download the original 2.6.32 kernel for the aria, to compare the SMD/TTY/RPC code looking for the difference. Is there any chance the libgps/libril we're using isn't for aria? It's looking for the wrong dev nodes as compared to what our kernel creates (different RPC Version)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to s0be For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift s0be Ad-Free
10th April 2012, 05:32 PM |#486  
Thanks Meter: 21,670

Donate to Me
More
I'm sure about only libril becouse gcom/gps from cm7 is the same like cm9! Do you know what is oncrpc device for gps? Its not 3xxxxx8c ? I think its 3xxxxx1d because htc hd mini and aria is ~the same device, and fix for htc hd mini gps was hard link in init.xxx.rc:
Code:
# GPS fix
	symlink /dev/oncrpc/3000001d:00020001 /dev/oncrpc/3000001d:ba845703
Need to debug cm7 gps to be sure what is right oncrpc device. In cm9 now we have:
Code:
E/RPC     (  192): error opening /dev/oncrpc/3000008c:00020000: No such file or directory
so hmm is it wrong or something other is wrong (something new in ics branch - new gps principe)?
The Following User Says Thank You to munjeni For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift munjeni Ad-Free
10th April 2012, 05:43 PM |#487  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 873

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by munjeni

I'm sure about only libril becouse gcom/gps from cm7 is the same like cm9! Do you know what is oncrpc device for gps? Its not 3xxxxx8c ? I think its 3xxxxx1d because htc hd mini and aria is ~the same device, and fix for htc hd mini gps was hard link in init.xxx.rc:

Code:
# GPS fix
	symlink /dev/oncrpc/3000001d:00020001 /dev/oncrpc/3000001d:ba845703
Need to debug cm7 gps to be sure what is right oncrpc device. In cm9 now we have:
Code:
E/RPC     (  192): error opening /dev/oncrpc/3000008c:00020000: No such file or directory
so hmm is it wrong or something other is wrong (something new in ics branch - new gps principe)?

libril is the phone radio.
10th April 2012, 06:07 PM |#488  

Donate to Me
More
Ok. What about lib-rill wraper... libril.so?

Fix for wake by oj + attachment... its was allready inside cm9 source

edit:
yes, libril.so in cm7 have biger size than libril.so from cm9 + gps_liberty.so is biger than from cm7... something missing in new libril and something new in gps.liberty... diference in android libs for sure
Attached Files
File Type: patch trackballwake.patch - [Click for QR Code] (2.8 KB, 18 views)
10th April 2012, 06:37 PM |#489  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 873

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by munjeni

Ok. What about lib-rill wraper... libril.so?

Fix for wake by oj + attachment... its was allready inside cm9 source

edit:
yes, libril.so in cm7 have biger size than libril.so from cm9 + gps_liberty.so is biger than from cm7... something missing in new libril and something new in gps.liberty... diference in android libs for sure

Do you have any idea what you're doing?
10th April 2012, 06:43 PM |#490  

Donate to Me
More
Why dude?
10th April 2012, 09:39 PM |#491  

Donate to Me
More
Fix for wifi strenght icon = patch wpa_supplicant_8 + liberty/boardconfig.mk
Code:
WPA_SUPPLICANT_VERSION      := VER_0_8_X
Attached Files
File Type: patch wpa_supplicant_8.patch - [Click for QR Code] (15.0 KB, 22 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm9, cyanogenmod, ice cream sandwich, ics

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)