FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Say hi to "CyanoBoot" -- a 2nd bootloader/w menu aka "ub2" - (WIP)

2,279 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,474

Post Reply Email Thread
23rd August 2012, 10:30 PM |#91  
Recognized Developer
Flag Limassol
Thanks Meter: 9,476

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelmab88

I was wondering if someone could post CyanoBoot up again? The link is dead.. Thanks

https://github.com/CMNookTablet/acclaim_cyanoboot
The Following User Says Thank You to Demetris For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2012, 03:38 AM |#92  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Gdańsk
Thanks Meter: 3,469

Donate to Me
More
There are also prebuilt binaries there:
https://github.com/CMNookTablet/andr...prebuilt/boot/
30th August 2012, 12:04 AM |#93  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
So does anyone have this running on a 16GB NT with the Nook being stock and the CM7 on SD? I would really like the option to choose on start up which OS I want to use rather then pulling the microSD out all the time.

If so what did you do to get it working?
30th August 2012, 12:42 AM |#94  
Thanks Meter: 324

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgt1

So does anyone have this running on a 16GB NT with the Nook being stock and the CM7 on SD? I would really like the option to choose on start up which OS I want to use rather then pulling the microSD out all the time.

If so what did you do to get it working?

1.) Download the cyanoboot zip from the first post of this thread.
2.) Navigate to the first partition (boot partition) of the dual boot SD card you have made.
3.) Replace the old flashing_boot.img with the new flashing_boot.img file from inside the cyanoboot zip you just downloaded.
4.) Done.
The Following User Says Thank You to Solar.Plexus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Solar.Plexus Ad-Free
30th August 2012, 12:54 AM |#95  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar.Plexus

1.) Download the cyanoboot zip from the first post of this thread.
2.) Navigate to the first partition (boot partition) of the dual boot SD card you have made.
3.) Replace the old flashing_boot.img with the new flashing_boot.img file from inside the cyanoboot zip you just downloaded.
4.) Done.

Is this done via the NT or windows PC?
Also is this ok for 1.4.3? It said it was for 1.4.1 just making sure I don't screw anything up is all.

Also the link for the file in the OP is dead as someone stated a few posts above mine. The link someone put up a post or two after it leads to the source files for uboot instead of the actual cyanoboot files.
30th August 2012, 01:13 AM |#96  

More
Probably better off just doing it on your PC.

Oops, didn't notice that file was down. I'll try to find another one for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Solar.Plexus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Solar.Plexus Ad-Free
30th August 2012, 01:19 AM |#97  

More
Quote:

Probably better off just doing it on your PC.

Oops, didn't notice that file was down. I'll try to find another one for you.

Can that be read on the computer though? I think all it shows that you can get into is the last partition of the SD card. I could be wrong. I can't check right now because I'm copying over books right now so the SD card isn't in the NT right this second.
30th August 2012, 01:27 AM |#98  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgt1

Can that be read on the computer though? I think all it shows that you can get into is the last partition of the SD card. I could be wrong. I can't check right now because I'm copying over books right now so the SD card isn't in the NT right this second.

If you use a microSD-SD or microSD-USB adapter, the first partition will be the only one to mount in Windows. Which is what we want anyway.
30th August 2012, 01:31 AM |#99  

More
Quote:

If you use a microSD-SD or microSD-USB adapter, the first partition will be the only one to mount in Windows. Which is what we want anyway.

Yea just gotta find the cyanoboot files now. lol
30th August 2012, 01:36 AM |#100  

More
Attached to this post is the file you need.

Please note that this is for your SD card only. Not for cyanoboot on EMMC.
Attached Files
File Type: img flashing_boot.img - [Click for QR Code] (184.0 KB, 570 views)
30th August 2012, 04:23 AM |#101  

More
Quote:

Attached to this post is the file you need.

Please note that this is for your SD card only. Not for cyanoboot on EMMC.

Ok so here is the deal...

For some reason what ever the NT was used as while hooked to the computer is what it starts as when unhooked, unless its plugged into the wall charger. Say earlier I had nook (SD card out) transfering books over. I unhooked the nook properly through the device connection. Then shut it down and put the SD card back in. Went to the living room fired it up and nook stock loads. My fiancee's did the same damn thing. Until I hooked them both back up to the wall charger. Everytime its plugged in it boots up the NT to what ever it should (1. Nook Stock if no SD) (2.CM7 if SD is in the slot) but if its hooked to the computer for data and shutdown then restarted it loads up what ever was used last depending on if the SD card is in or not.

That's pretty damn annoying. Hopefully the cyanoboot fixes any of that from happening.

Now onto where and how to put the *.img file on the SD.

Of course when I plug it in up comes the CM7 where I'm met with if I want to turn on USB mass storage device or what ever. If I shut it down on this screen nothing will show in file manager that I can access. It states this drive needs to be formated.

When I select to use the NT as a mass storage device Up pops two drives:
My Nook (which is the actual internal NT Drive for stock Nook OS. Which is E: has 3.16GB free of 7.45GB(
Then the last partition on the SD card which is the one I increased to allot for the rest of the unallocated space on the card after writing CM7 to the SD. (G: which is labeled removable disk. 25.6GB free of 26.5GB)

The other three partitions I saw on the SD card before increasing the last partition are no longer visible in Mini Tool Partition Wizard like they were before I increased the final partition size.

Kinda lost here now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
acclaim, bootloader, cyanoboot, locked, u-boot

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)