FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,608 Vote(s)
64.01%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

416 Vote(s)
16.56%
I don't know.

488 Vote(s)
19.43%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,428 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,928

Post Reply Email Thread
5th October 2019, 06:01 PM |#43991  
Thanks Meter: 2,349

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloisis

Recently updated my s6 edge sprint to android 7 via odin..
Now my network is on emergency calls only....hands free activation keeps failing.
It worked fine when i was using the stock marshmallow.
Wierdly i'm able to recieve calls n text but no data connection......my mobile network operators option is grayed out....
Ps. my device is not rooted....and i have no backup of my previous firmware.
already tried other stock roms both 6 n 7.
any suggestion?

If it's a GSM, I would think most likely the SIM card is causing the problem. Try cleaning it. If it's a CDMA, I think you need to talk to the service provider.
6th October 2019, 01:40 PM |#43992  
Flag Skynet
Thanks Meter: 8

More
What is decrypt..

In what order files should be flashed for a rom

I have following file

Decrypt
Firmware
Rom
Gapps
Magisk

After that which part to format or clear from TWRP

How to take backup of current rom, IMEI etc and why
6th October 2019, 07:04 PM |#43993  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyh3ck

What is decrypt..

I have following file

Decrypt
Firmware
Rom
Gapps
Magisk

I think @RedGreenBlue123 answered this question in one of several cross posts you made.

I found these cross posts as I was trying to figure out what device you have, since knowing that makes a difference as to how to answer. It's not acceptable to cross post like you did
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
6th October 2019, 07:12 PM |#43994  
Flag Skynet

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

I think @RedGreenBlue123 answered this question in one of several cross posts you made.

I found these cross posts as I was trying to figure out what device you have, since knowing that makes a difference as to how to answer. It's not acceptable to cross post like you did

Sorry I don't know what is a cross post

And I have Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 4 GB version
6th October 2019, 07:23 PM |#43995  
Quote:

What is decrypt..

I have following file

Decrypt
Firmware
Rom
Gapps
Magisk

To create a backup of your current stock ROM, use the Backup option in TWRP. If something goes wrong this can be used to restore your device back to what you had when the backup was created by using the Restore option in TWRP.

There is more than one way to backup your IMEI, find a method that you are comfortable with, do a Google search for:

"How to backup/restore IMEI on android"

IMEI should be backed up so that you can restore your IMEI if it gets accidentally corrupted or wiped during your flashing/modifying process. If your IMEI gets messed up, you device will not be able to connect to your cellular network to make calls or texts.

After flashing ROM, Gapps and Magisk, you need to use the factory reset option in TWRP or the advanced wipe option to wipe data partition, cache partition and dalvik cache partition.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
Quote:

Cross posting is when you post the same thing in more than one place. Find wherever you think is the best place to post your question and then post your question in only ONE place and wait for an answer. Do not post in more than one place.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
6th October 2019, 07:32 PM |#43996  

More
Quote:

As @Droidriven explained, but also in the forum rules that you agreed to on signing up.

Quote:

5. Create a thread topic or post a message only once, this includes external links & streaming media.
As a large forum, we don't need unnecessary clutter. You're free to edit your message as you like, so if you do not receive an answer, revisit your message and see if you can describe your problem better. Not everyone is online at the same time so it might take a while before you receive an answer.

You can bump your unanswered question once every 24 hours

Duplicate threads and posts will be removed

Always post in an existing thread if a topic already exists, before creating a new thread.

Use our search function to find the best forum for your device.

Links to an external source are only allowed if relevant to the topic in hand. A description must be included, no copy & pasting from the original source.

Self-promotion is forbidden, this includes blogs, social media and video channels etc. Random links will be removed

6th October 2019, 07:52 PM |#43997  
Flag Skynet

More
Thanks for enlightenment

But we do have a sticker on phone box and behind the phone can't we use that number if we loose IMEI from phone..

Sorry what am I missing

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Thanks for enlightenment

But we do have a sticker on phone box and behind the phone can't we use that number if we loose IMEI from phone..

Sorry what am I missing
6th October 2019, 08:10 PM |#43998  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

If it's a GSM, I would think most likely the SIM card is causing the problem. Try cleaning it. If it's a CDMA, I think you need to talk to the service provider.

actually i reset the provisioning parameters to factory default and it worked..... but i cant seem to find mobile hotspot and tethering setting
6th October 2019, 09:12 PM |#43999  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloisis

actually i reset the provisioning parameters to factory default and it worked..... but i cant seem to find mobile hotspot and tethering setting

Have you used the search feature in settings (magnifying glass icon)?
7th October 2019, 06:31 PM |#44000  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I have a S4 I9505. What the phone can do: vibrates, turn on, led lights are working, can be detected by the computer. What is the problem: the screen is full black & can't copy any file to the phone. What can I do?
7th October 2019, 07:42 PM |#44001  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by painx

I have a S4 I9505. What the phone can do: vibrates, turn on, led lights are working, can be detected by the computer. What is the problem: the screen is full black & can't copy any file to the phone. What can I do?

Was the phone dropped? Maybe the display is broken?

Can you boot into recovery and does the display work then?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)