CHARGING port help. Need a good seller

Search This thread

jhillyer253

Oct 21, 2012
anyone out there know a place or website where i can get a new charging port flex cable that will actually work with out problems.

my original one didnt charge right unless i bent it backwards a little

i bought 3 off ebay and had problems with each

1st one off ebay had no sound

2nd one had no service

3rd one didnt charge at all.

the original one was a REV 1.0 connector and so were the others, so if anyone knows where to get one that will work with no problems let me know

THANK YOU

samkle

Jul 2, 2011
Tirana
anyone out there know a place or website where i can get a new charging port flex cable that will actually work with out problems.

my original one didnt charge right unless i bent it backwards a little

i bought 3 off ebay and had problems with each

1st one off ebay had no sound

2nd one had no service

3rd one didnt charge at all.

the original one was a REV 1.0 connector and so were the others, so if anyone knows where to get one that will work with no problems let me know

THANK YOU

Try cnn.cn but i think you will find only the whole micro usb port and not the flex cable alone

talonmike04

May 4, 2011
I have tried 12 replacement parts from ebay for an i717 and they ALL have no service after putting them in. but the original one that doesn't charge still gets service fine...

B

baz77

Last edited:

Janis

Jul 26, 2006
Minneapolis, MN US
Yes, the AT&T version and the International version have different radios, and the micro USB port is connected to them. They are NOT interchangeable.

i717 ≠ GT-N7000

leafsacc

Mar 21, 2012
Any tips anyone?

Hi, I just want to revive this thread rather than start a new one.

I am gonna swap my my usb charging port for a one I bought on eBay. Does anyone have any tips I should know about that you can tell me?

I'm going by this youtube video. this is all I got and of course I'm kinda scared.:crying:

Thanks. Will check back later.

SalJam

Jan 27, 2013
Hastings
Easy to do, but will cause other issues

Hi. I too have just brought a note with this problem.

The replacement is easy, remove battery cover, battery sim etc. Take out the screws, use something thin to pries the edge off. Its the lip below the screen level though. After that, 3 more screws for the bottom section, then take out the one screw in the thin motherboard piece. Slide out the old flex, slide in the new one, re assemble.

The biggest problem is that youll most likely lose 80 % of your reception from it. When the phone is open, try to see if there is any corrosion behind your USB port, if there is clean it and try it. I did that as im sending my ebay one back for a replacement, Now my old one seems to be working, but for how long, i dont know.

SalJam

beejers

Feb 6, 2008
Dayton
I bought a battery charger and extra battery. I bought the brand Hyperion but I've heard there are better brands. Anyway, I don't charge my phone any more... I just swap batteries now. One is always on the charger and one in the phone. It works fantastically and further, the phone always has a charge. When I want to swap files I remove the card and put it in the PC. Works really good.

howard bamber

Jun 4, 2012
Southport
If you are on about the daughter board I got one of Amazon for£10 took less than 10 mins to fit and have had no problems. Came In OEM packaging
Any questions feel free to PM
Sent from BOX13.

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Hi. I too have just brought a note with this problem.

The replacement is easy, remove battery cover, battery sim etc. Take out the screws, use something thin to pries the edge off. Its the lip below the screen level though. After that, 3 more screws for the bottom section, then take out the one screw in the thin motherboard piece. Slide out the old flex, slide in the new one, re assemble.

The biggest problem is that youll most likely lose 80 % of your reception from it. When the phone is open, try to see if there is any corrosion behind your USB port, if there is clean it and try it. I did that as im sending my ebay one back for a replacement, Now my old one seems to be working, but for how long, i dont know.

SalJam

It's 10 black screws on the back & 5 white to take there cover of over the daughter board. No need to undo a mother board screw whats this about losing 80%signal?
That's rubbish, Sir! Mine is on5 bars H+ and has been sincei did it. As there is a new mix. Too the sound is better, IMO

Sent from BOX13.

Last edited:

Mc_CuLLa

Jul 8, 2012
Belfast
Bought mine off ebay worked 100%, signal is still the same, nothing happens to signal. But you have to buy the whole board. Mine didnt come with a wee microphone bit so i took off my old one, stuck the sticky bit within the square part and put the rubber part in the cover and screwed it on. Everything working fine.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

fl4r3

Feb 24, 2008
London
My usb port is busted so am replacing that board too. However, I've bought two off ebay and both have had problems. First one fixed the charging issue but didn't give me any reception (well one bar now and then) and the second gave me signal but had a busted micro usb port. EBay can be so fustrating sometimes!!

If you are on about the daughter board I got one of Amazon for£10 took less than 10 mins to fit and have had no problems. Came In OEM packaging

I will have to try the ones on amazon instead.

B

baz77

My usb port is busted so am replacing that board too. However, I've bought two off ebay and both have had problems. First one fixed the charging issue but didn't give me any reception (well one bar now and then) and the second gave me signal but had a busted micro usb port. EBay can be so fustrating sometimes!!

I will have to try the ones on amazon instead.

parts4repair has working ones lol.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

copperdawgnc

Jul 21, 2010
Charlotte NC USA
Thanks, I'll try them out if my Amazon one turns out to be a dud (Which I have a feeling it will :( )

I have just fitted my 3rd replacement board and loose most of my signal after fitting it. My original board gives me full signal but intermittent charging. :crying:

Do all N7000 use the same board or does country intended for make a difference? My note is an International phone made for Hong Kong.:confused:

fl4r3

Feb 24, 2008
London
I have just fitted my 3rd replacement board and loose most of my signal after fitting it. My original board gives me full signal but intermittent charging. :crying:

Do all N7000 use the same board or does country intended for make a difference? My note is an International phone made for Hong Kong.:confused:

To be honest I still haven't got a perfect replacement yet but one that is at least functional (get werid noises during phone calls - not on my end but on whoever is calling me).

You do have to make sure you get the correct board though. If you look on the original board it should have some writing in gold near the top. Mine said Rev 1.0 so I got replacements which were rev 1.0 too. Apparently there are other revisions (although I didn't come across any others).

Reactions: copperdawgnc

copperdawgnc

Jul 21, 2010
Charlotte NC USA
To be honest I still haven't got a perfect replacement yet but one that is at least functional (get werid noises during phone calls - not on my end but on whoever is calling me).

You do have to make sure you get the correct board though. If you look on the original board it should have some writing in gold near the top. Mine said Rev 1.0 so I got replacements which were rev 1.0 too. Apparently there are other revisions (although I didn't come across any others).

mine is a version 1.00 see attached my original is on the top one of the replacements below

Attachments

• usb.jpg
    usb.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 481
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.