FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Official ViPER4Android Audio Effects (FX v2.5.0.5) - New Features & 7.0 Support

4,134 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,606

By zhuhang, Recognized Contributor on 15th March 2013, 05:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th June 2015, 03:00 AM |#19081  
Account currently disabled
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 271

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardedhero

Viper works great with Poweramp but I've never seen that and can't make it appear.

See these,

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1435539569774.png
Views:	836
Size:	206.5 KB
ID:	3382732

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1435539594690.png
Views:	826
Size:	197.1 KB
ID:	3382733
29th June 2015, 03:00 AM |#19082  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 737

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by medohatem

No the write protection in recovery is disabled and i can flash what i want and it work when the system boot up
Write protection means s-on

Sent from my HTC Desire 820 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Then it should work just fine.
29th June 2015, 03:03 AM |#19083  
Flag Little Rock
Thanks Meter: 23,875

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4D3

See these,

Attachment 3382732

Attachment 3382733

Right, when I enable that setting, I don't get that extra button. If that button just opens/adjusts v4a it seems that nothing is lost as long as v4a is processing. Dunno tho.
29th June 2015, 03:06 AM |#19084  
Account currently disabled
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 271

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Right, when I enable that setting, I don't get that extra button. If that button just opens/adjusts v4a it seems that nothing is lost as long as v4a is processing. Dunno tho.

Do you have any skins on PowerAMP?
29th June 2015, 03:14 AM |#19085  
Flag Little Rock

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4D3

Do you have any skins on PowerAMP?

I used to use Material but I've just used the default skin the last several factory resets.
29th June 2015, 03:16 AM |#19086  
Flag Italy
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:

I used to use Material but I've just used the default skin the last several factory resets.

Have you removed all apps that control audio (dsp, audiofx etc) except Viper?

Inviato dal mio buon vecchio Samsung Galaxy S4 AICP 5.1.1
29th June 2015, 03:48 AM |#19087  
Flag Little Rock

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parideboy

Have you removed all apps that control audio (dsp, audiofx etc) except Viper?

Inviato dal mio buon vecchio Samsung Galaxy S4 AICP 5.1.1

No, and I don't wish to. I have v4a, ExtremeBeats 4.1, and Dolby Atmos; and since using v4a and other mods since Galaxy Nexus, I've never been more pleased with the sonic results I've achieved through countless hours of tweaking.

Poweramp works perfectly fine with my combination of mods, like it always has, and just like every other media app has.
29th June 2015, 07:33 AM |#19088  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Jeezus!
Just found this tonight- Installed (with the "awesome" driver) on a rooted de bloated Note 8 running 4.4.2. Yamaha EPH 20 buds. Been doing audio (first analog the digital) for 40 years. Never found another app that will do what Viper4Android will do.

Thanks!

Expat
29th June 2015, 08:52 AM |#19089  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Little provlem. When I listen music in spotify works great but when try listen music or play games with headphones silent... Must off v4a :/

Wysłane z mojego XT1095 przy użyciu Tapatalka
29th June 2015, 07:22 PM |#19090  
Thanks Meter: 1,378

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongway213

Google Play Music doesn't have any conflicting equalizer, or any kind of libs or restrictions that would disable V4A. I don't know this for certain, but I speculate that hardware limitations from device to device may cause certain music players to work on one phone but not another. For instance, Viper worked on my S5 with Rocket Player, but on my Nexus 6 I must use Apollo, Eleven, or Google Play Music as Rocket Player won't work. I installed Viper the day I switched devices, so I am pretty certain support of the app had nothing to do with it - the only other possibility I can see is that Rocket Player worked on KitKat for V4A but not on Lollipop - either way though, same app, same day, different results. If your phone won't work with other players, my best advice is to do what I do and learn to use what works. Now I use Apollo or Eleven depending on the ROM, and all I really care about is that V4A works and all my music is still easily accessible - to me that is WAY more important than which music player I use to get there.

Good advice! If I may extend it some more... find a phone and ROM that runs V4A properly and stick with it. The other day I actually bought another copy of the LG G Pro 2 that I have that runs all my music tweaks perfectly--Viper4Android, VolumeSteps+, PBMC Mappings to enable long press of volume buttons in lockscreen and at the same time get rid of the annoying volume prompts while screen is on... I don't see any reason to jump around trying new phones and new ROMs when the majority of phones and ROMs on the market won't support what I want to do with my phone anymore... and this LG phone, aside from its CPU, still has specs worthy of a current flagship phone (3GB RAM, 32GB ROM) but has the major bonus of still shipping with 4.4.2 (well, it's a bonus in my eyes)

Similarly, if anyone wants my DDC/IRS support for their headphones, it is better to buy a pair of phones on my list (especially one with 3 stars *** ) and stick with them than request support for whatever phones you have or even buying a new pair of phones not on the list--I don't feel much like adding new headphones to the list right now

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4D3

Hi,

Thanks, I have already done that, but when I press and hold the musicfx button viper doesn't show. It displays the default one shows.

Thanks

What you should do is turn off MusicFX and see if V4A works then (tweak settings in V4A to see)
The Following User Says Thank You to Joe0Bloggs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Joe0Bloggs Ad-Free
29th June 2015, 08:39 PM |#19091  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 638

More
Can't get this to work properly now. Updated my Huawei Ascend Mate 2 to 5.1 and now this won't stay running
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best settings, convolver, cure tech+, fx xhifi, irs impulse response sample, settings, viper4android v4a, virtual headphone surround engine+

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)