FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DEVDB][TWRP][PhilZ Touch] XZDualRecovery 2.8.26 RELEASE

5,379 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,416

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from [NUT]: The installer contains a ROOT EXPLOIT, this will trip A/V tools (e.g. ESET NOD32), disable it to download!!
7th April 2015, 02:38 AM |#4001  
Thanks Meter: 41

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciccio80

Hi Guys:

I modified installer of NUT Lockdualrecovery with Fix of zxz0O0.

Before start installer we must have firmware on your Z3 Prerooted with recovery installed and debug usb activated

click on install.bat

https://mega.co.nz/#!qFcTmQzS!Prc78y...D_V2ZcfkYcWzzA

tested and worked on my Z3

Ciccio80

Hi there, do you think you can make the flashable .zip version for this modified dualrecovery? if so please do. Thanks! even a flashable .zip for byeselinux would be appreciated. thanks again!

7th April 2015, 02:49 AM |#4002  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Arkham
Thanks Meter: 8,552

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjames2001

Hi there, do you think you can make the flashable .zip version for this modified dualrecovery? if so please do. Thanks! even a flashable .zip for byeselinux would be appreciated. thanks again!

Here's the modified dualrecovery http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=59907700

Tapped from my furious ZR
7th April 2015, 03:35 AM |#4003  
Thanks Meter: 41

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakh7

Here's the modified dualrecovery http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=59907700

Thanks, but I'm looking for the flashable zip.

来自我的 D6603 上的 Tapatalk
7th April 2015, 03:44 AM |#4004  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Arkham
Thanks Meter: 8,552

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjames2001

Thanks, but I'm looking for the flashable zip.

来自我的 D6603 上的 Tapatalk

Then you should definitely wait @Nut has not integrated the fix to the dual recovery.He'll soon do it.So better wait.

7th April 2015, 04:11 AM |#4005  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxz0O0

Hello guys,

I noticed there are some problems getting dualrecovery to work on Lollipop. I created a small hack to bypass the SELinux enforcement (wonder why no one else created it already). Anyway I attached a little bat file to fix dualrecovery again (tested on Z3C).

Source will be released in the next days and probably also integrated in the official dualrecovery.

Happy eastern.

Edit: Source available here https://github.com/dosomder/byeselinux

TYVM! Working on my Sony Xperia Z3 D6603
7th April 2015, 06:34 AM |#4006  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NUT]

Even better, run the fix and then install 2.8.3 again. That should make it work.

Fix confirmed on Z2 Tablet (SGP521) --> didnt even have to flash the recovery, fix worked and I could go to recovery!
The Following User Says Thank You to Linkinsoldier For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Linkinsoldier Ad-Free
7th April 2015, 09:25 AM |#4007  
Thanks Meter: 2,858

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatsu91

Nut it's going to update XZDR he said that maybe Thursday

I think he said maybe Tuesday? (so that would be today ) well hope it will come soon so I can try LP (I know I could use 2.8.3 and then run byeSE script but would prefer everything integrated in one zip :lazy: )
7th April 2015, 01:40 PM |#4008  
Thanks Meter: 1,956

More
It's nice that we have a means for getting XZDR working on 5.x, but I'm not a fan of disabling selinux 100% of the time just so I can occasionally boot to recovery.

Would it be possible for 2.8.4 to include a feature to replace mhl_sii8620_8061_drv_orig.ko with byeselinux.ko and mv mhl_sii8620_8061_drv_orig.ko only when a recovery reboot is selected and then replace the original files after recovery so that the system normally operates with selinux enabled? @[NUT], I could build a script to provide this if that would help out.
The Following User Says Thank You to cschmitt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cschmitt Ad-Free
7th April 2015, 02:23 PM |#4009  
Quote:
Originally Posted by cschmitt

It's nice that we have a means for getting XZDR working on 5.x, but I'm not a fan of disabling selinux 100% of the time just so I can occasionally boot to recovery.

Would it be possible for 2.8.4 to include a feature to replace mhl_sii8620_8061_drv_orig.ko with byeselinux.ko and mv mhl_sii8620_8061_drv_orig.ko only when a recovery reboot is selected and then replace the original files after recovery so that the system normally operates with selinux enabled? @[NUT], I could build a script to provide this if that would help out.

Don't worry about that, you will be pleased by the end result
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to [NUT] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [NUT] Ad-Free
7th April 2015, 03:10 PM |#4010  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
am i right i thinking i can now upgrade to a rooted Z3C lollipop rom (flashing a zip through the 4.4 dual recovery) and then in the not so distant future be able to flash the new working recovery ?
7th April 2015, 03:19 PM |#4011  
Quote:
Originally Posted by belblade

am i right i thinking i can now upgrade to a rooted Z3C lollipop rom (flashing a zip through the 4.4 dual recovery) and then in the not so distant future be able to flash the new working recovery ?

I'd wait for 2.8.4 before you do if you share @cschmitt's worries, otherwise: yes, as long as you have root and R/W access on system.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to [NUT] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [NUT] Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cwm, doomkernel, locked bootloader, recovery, twrp
Previous Thread Next Thread