FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HOWTO] Installing the unlocked bootloader and fixing broken recovery in leaked ICS

229 posts
Thanks Meter: 46

By jm77, Senior Member on 28th February 2012, 09:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th March 2012, 06:45 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
are u talking about the pached bootloader from this topic (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...?t=1514951)???
4th March 2012, 08:09 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6&postcount=44 ... i followed this tutorial and i booted in cwm recovery...yyyiupiiii

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

omg, now my tablet is in bootloop and i cant go to apx mode...

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

omg, now my tablet is in bootloop, and i cant go to apx mode...
5th March 2012, 03:41 PM |#23  
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 262

Donate to Me
More
Is it possible to flash the patched bootloader via nvflash if you currently have the old 3.01 bootloader?

Or must you flash the new bootloader with the LEAK ROM, then flash the patched one?
6th March 2012, 11:49 AM |#24  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,403

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euclid's Brother

Is it possible to flash the patched bootloader via nvflash if you currently have the old 3.01 bootloader?

Or must you flash the new bootloader with the LEAK ROM, then flash the patched one?

It's easier to flash stock leak first, and then patched bootloader. But you can flash it directly, but then have ti flash custom recovery with it and fix the update.zip not to reflash the bootloader again.
6th March 2012, 04:01 PM |#25  
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 262

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilax_CZ

It's easier to flash stock leak first, and then patched bootloader. But you can flash it directly, but then have ti flash custom recovery with it and fix the update.zip not to reflash the bootloader again.

Ok, thanks.. I was never able to get nvflash to work on the old 3.01 bootloader. Always get error. It does show up in device manager when I'm in APX mode. Something like "Acer Download Util".

Code:
Loading bootloader...
Nvflash started
rcm version 0X4
Command send failed (usb write failed)
I want to be able to go back and forth between the bootloaders for testing purposes. If I go ahead and flash stock ICS to get the new bootloader, then flash the unlocked one, then want to go back to the old one.. can i just dd my mmcblk0_start to get back to the old one? Or should I nvflash the bootloader from the EEU package?
6th March 2012, 08:59 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Trying to delete recovery-from-boot.p
and no luck
i was using root Explorer.
Update:
Finally got it, had to root it 2 times, i guess something happened first time
13th March 2012, 06:27 PM |#27  
Flag Haskovo
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Question is possible to do on 3.2 ?
Hello is it possible to do this while running HC?
I tried dmesg but there is no androidboot.serialno
Is this CPUID=androidboot.serialno we used by adb list-devices, or this is new from ICS ?
14th March 2012, 01:51 AM |#28  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodor

Hello is it possible to do this while running HC?
I tried dmesg but there is no androidboot.serialno
Is this CPUID=androidboot.serialno we used by adb list-devices, or this is new from ICS ?

Yes, on HC CPUID is the number showed as device id when you use
Code:
adb devices
command.

On ICS the device id showed by adb has changed. Because of that you need to check androidboot.serialno kernel command line argument to get your CPUID (it is new argument in ICS bootloader).
14th March 2012, 11:55 AM |#29  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaworski

Yes, on HC CPUID is the number showed as device id when you use

Code:
adb devices
command.

On ICS the device id showed by adb has changed. Because of that you need to check androidboot.serialno kernel command line argument to get your CPUID (it is new argument in ICS bootloader).

When I do (ADB DEVICES) the result is my serial number and not my CPUID

Fran├žois
20th March 2012, 08:54 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
I know this thread is a few days old but I am having the same issue as above. I do not have androidboot.serialno in the dmesg file.
21st March 2012, 05:47 PM |#31  
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 636

More
Is there anyway someone can do this in Linux (Ubuntu) instead of windows? I'm running Ubuntu on my computer. Is there a simple how to for linux users?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)