FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HOWTO] Installing the unlocked bootloader and fixing broken recovery in leaked ICS

229 posts
Thanks Meter: 46

By jm77, Senior Member on 28th February 2012, 09:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th May 2012, 12:22 AM |#51  
Flag Cranberry Twp, PA
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Must have tried this 20 times and I do not get the APX USB device in the system tray. I am stuck. Downloaded everything and followed the directions.

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonikeys

can somebody help me reviving this tablet??
apx installed porperlyand I was somehow able to do it ubt i was stuck with "entering download mode" and got this error

C:\unlock>nvflash -r --format_partition 4
Nvflash started
[resume mode]
Formatting partition 4 please wait.. Command Execution failed cmd 13, error 0x30012
FAILED!
command failure: format partition failed
Im always getting stuck in "entering download mode"

Same issue I am now having.
17th May 2012, 06:04 AM |#52  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 19,312

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by exmeaguy

Must have tried this 20 times and I do not get the APX USB device in the system tray. I am stuck. Downloaded everything and followed the directions.

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

Same issue I am now having.

Wrong sbk? Why don't you try the guide from my sig , new unlocked bootloader ,etc......
I used this guide as a base for it but put more steps in it like testing you sbk.
17th May 2012, 06:23 PM |#53  
Thanks Meter: 256

More
If i flash the new v4 with nvflash, will i then loose the CWM?
22nd May 2012, 07:42 PM |#54  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
does this method work for OTA ICS update, or only the leaked one?
22nd May 2012, 07:54 PM |#55  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 19,312

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by heiNey

does this method work for OTA ICS update, or only the leaked one?

Will work for OTA, but look in my sign for the latest guide for going to V6 unlocked bootloader and custom cwm.
The Following User Says Thank You to civato For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift civato Ad-Free
30th May 2012, 07:52 PM |#56  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
HI guys,

I've ACER A500 recently upgraded to 4.0.3 by OTA.
I think I correctly flollowed instructions but I can't enter in APX mode. When I try "hold on reset, power 3sec then release reset buton after 1 seconde" => my computer detect device, try to instal it but failed installing acer usb boot recovery driver ADB. (drivers not found).

ACER USB driver installed
ACER sync installed

What else???
11th January 2013, 07:31 PM |#57  
Flag Bystřice nad Pern┼ítejnem
Thanks Meter: 608

Donate to Me
More
Links aren't working. :/ Please can someone repair it?
20th January 2013, 08:44 PM |#58  
Thanks Meter: 3,205

More
Re: [HOWTO] Installing the unlocked bootloader and fixing broken recovery in leaked I
Check stickies...civato has the best guide for doing this....but....the way i did it worked smooth as butter..get the cwm flash zip to go back to stock rooted..(ya need your cpuid and sbk too) flash back to stock rooted and accept all the ota updates once you are updated completely with all otas then use the tools outlined in said stickie in this section...using that method i was able to install everything with no issues in less than a half hour..
Thanks again for the guide civ...you are a lifesaver!!!!!!!!!!!:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
11th September 2013, 10:45 PM |#59  
Thanks Meter: 118

More
Instructions not workingt
Quote:

Install and launch Android terminal app on tablet. Run the following command:

Code:

dmesg>/mnt/external_sd/dmesg.txt

Open up dmesg.txt and look for androidboot.serialno. That is your CPUID

There is no instance of "androidboot.serialno" in the dmesg.txt file that results from doing the above. I am running Thor ICS v170, trying to get to the ICS bootloader, and every guide I have tried so far is extremely convoluted, and leads me to a similar wall I can't get past. Isn't there an easier way to do this?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)