FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DEV] The project to port Android(froyo) on S8500 (8530)

183 posts
Thanks Meter: 624

By oleg_k, Retired Recognized Developer on 29th March 2011, 05:26 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
6th April 2011, 09:22 PM |#161  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
1 Question, since the problem is about drivers (I think they might be?) maybe you could take them from mobile phone directly? It got them inside the phone, I mean, this is a linux distro, just like android so maybe you could reuse/recycle them?
6th April 2011, 09:29 PM |#162  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 393

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkz14

1 Question, since the problem is about drivers (I think they might be?) maybe you could take them from mobile phone directly? It got them inside the phone, I mean, this is a linux distro, just like android so maybe you could reuse/recycle them?

It's not Linux, but Nucleus based.
6th April 2011, 09:30 PM |#163  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mijoma

It's not Linux, but Nucleus based.

I did not knew it... then I guess we're ****ed up, nothing can be saved from those drivers?
6th April 2011, 10:23 PM |#164  
Thanks Meter: 51

Donate to Me
More
nucleusRTOS is the heart of the bada handset... despite Samsung saying "They use open source software such as redhat's newlib, codesourcery's gcc etc...", its not really open per se... and not alone that - porting an existing open source project is not exactly uhhh.... portable...(such as for example, Python, I tried to port it but failed...)
The Following User Says Thank You to t0mm13b For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift t0mm13b Ad-Free
6th April 2011, 10:41 PM |#165  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 175

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mm13b

nucleusRTOS is the heart of the bada handset... despite Samsung saying "They use open source software such as redhat's newlib, codesourcery's gcc etc...", its not really open per se... and not alone that - porting an existing open source project is not exactly uhhh.... portable...(such as for example, Python, I tried to port it but failed...)

Does this mean porting android on wave is also impossible? or it doesn't matter in case of port of android?
6th April 2011, 10:48 PM |#166  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by badelemental

Does this mean porting android on wave is also impossible? or it doesn't matter in case of port of android?

No, I did not mean it that way, what I'm saying is the bada layer makes porting a nightmare, in terms of data types - for example, a C/C++ string or pointer to char makes it tricky to make it work with Bada's own data types.... if you get me... the bada layer has it all sandboxed! no way to execute a simple hello world program that is natively written in C and uses bog-standard linux headers and libraries...
The Following User Says Thank You to t0mm13b For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift t0mm13b Ad-Free
6th April 2011, 11:12 PM |#167  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 624

Donate to Me
More
this is 2 logs for 2.6.32 and 2.6.35 kernels.
i don't know GPIO number - 126 and 19.
Kernel not rebutting - only stop)
Attached Files
File Type: txt logs_2-6-32.txt - [Click for QR Code] (49.5 KB, 41 views)
File Type: txt logs_2-6-35.txt - [Click for QR Code] (44.2 KB, 38 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to oleg_k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oleg_k Ad-Free
6th April 2011, 11:42 PM |#168  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleg_k

Am not sure about gpio, for instance on my ZTE Blade's (600Mhz, running CM7 with my custom kernel) dmesg output as you can see here - the GPIO 57 bombs out but continues normally so... (that's running kernel 2.6.32) so I would not worry too much about it ... hope this serves a useful guide to you...

P.S: Just have hada a look here...about gpio, there's a include file that lists them - that might be your key to understanding the above numbers 126 and 19....
7th April 2011, 12:03 AM |#169  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 393

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleg_k

I don't know whether you mean decimal or hex
0x126 -> MP2_2_2
126 = 0x7E -> GPIO_J1_0

0x19 -> GPIO_C1_0
19 = 0x13 -> GPIO_B_7

Best Regards,
mijoma

--
Edit: OK, I've checked the gpiolib - it's decimal, so:
19 -> GPIO_B_7
126 -> GPIO_J1_0
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mijoma For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mijoma Ad-Free
7th April 2011, 12:23 AM |#170  

More
Oleg_k I guess you are debugging the kernel as much as possible, so, that means you stopped trying to fix the display for a while? If It is stopped could you tell us at which step?

Thanks again mijoma and oleg_k keep teamworking you 2 are wave's heroes^_^!
The Following User Says Thank You to mkz14 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mkz14 Ad-Free
7th April 2011, 05:43 AM |#171  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
S8500 can work with Qualcomm Tools...
http://www.samfirmwareworld.com/s850...ools-t199.html

MAYBE it's usefull
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
wave s8500 android
Previous Thread Next Thread