FORUMS
Thread Deleted Email Thread
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Out of the box my phone was terrible on battery. It would go dead sitting idle after only 5-6hrs.

It was using over 150mA consistently just sitting idle, compared to 2-5mA now after doing a reset...something in the initial config...and maybe in the several lockups I experienced, must have done something bad.

Cycle the battery by letting it drain all the way down until you cant even turn it on.

Perform a full factory reset and let the phone charge fully before loading the phone up with 3rd party apps just to make sure you dont introduce anything new to the scenario that may drain battery life.

After the factory reset and battery cycling it works how I expect it to...glad I didnt get angry and return it right away.

*Factory Reset*
Settings-Privacy-Factory Data Reset

Few additional things I have found. since initial post...

1. I confirmed several times that qik video is a complete piece of junk and drains the battery, after factory reset dont re-configure it.

2. In settings-location & security settings DO NOT enable Use GPS satellites unless you really need to use specific GPS data for navigation...when indoors the GPS keeps looking for signal and drains the battery very quick.

3. Bluetooth seems to have an issue and is not power friendly at all...I have mine turn on at scheduled times only using an app.

Other Disclaimers:

As has been posted elsewhere the battery drivers are poor at best, you cannot trust the numbers being reported back. What I can confirm is that the factory reset gave me a useable phone for a lot longer than the 5-6 hrs I started with when the phone would physically turn off....regardless of misreporting battery status. So basically do the reset and keep the offending apps/processes off until a better version comes out, and dont trust the reported battery percentage.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jink25 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jink25 Ad-Free
Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)