Thanks Meter: 7

By jink25, Member on 22nd April 2011, 03:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd April 2011, 05:40 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 198

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by runderekrun

Ok yeah. I factory reset and battery is a ton better! When I first saw you post that you fixed it with a factory reset I was skeptical but after trying it, yeah it works. Battery (so far!) has been much better after the reset. I wonder if it was the root that messed us up?

Jinx did you root?

Don't think is the root because mine its draining fast and I have not rooted my phone yet.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App
22nd April 2011, 12:19 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I haven't rooted mine either and i am having battery issues i am using the wifi tether now with the phone plugged into my laptop and its still draining battery...
22nd April 2011, 02:48 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
How do I do a factory reset without my apps restoring?
22nd April 2011, 03:00 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Never mind. Found it.
22nd April 2011, 03:56 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Did a full drain last nite and turned on this morning. Started having the wifi/2g/4g on at the same time issue...

Im down to 70 after 2 hours, same decline rate....

Doing a reset now

22nd April 2011, 04:26 PM |#26  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Here is what I've noticed after two days. I factory reset the phone. The battery does fine until you start to use the phone. That meaning when I took my phone off the charger at 6am I didn't wake it just threw it in my pocket. When I got to work at 7am it was still at 99% I sent a text message and went to work. I checked back around 730ish for response to my text and it was at 93%. My theory is once you wake up the dual cores they don't shut down like they are supposed to.....
22nd April 2011, 04:43 PM |#27  
Flag Sacramento, CA
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wondercoolguy

Here is what I've noticed after two days. I factory reset the phone. The battery does fine until you start to use the phone. That meaning when I took my phone off the charger at 6am I didn't wake it just threw it in my pocket. When I got to work at 7am it was still at 99% I sent a text message and went to work. I checked back around 730ish for response to my text and it was at 93%. My theory is once you wake up the dual cores they don't shut down like they are supposed to.....

Hmmm interesting ....
I can't wait til we have more control of this dual core beast

22nd April 2011, 05:17 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Wow doing a factory reset really helped the battery life... I haven't had to charge it all day and doing some web browsing a bunch of texting and also a couple calls... thanks for the fix
22nd April 2011, 05:29 PM |#29  
OP Member
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by runderekrun

Ok yeah. I factory reset and battery is a ton better! When I first saw you post that you fixed it with a factory reset I was skeptical but after trying it, yeah it works. Battery (so far!) has been much better after the reset. I wonder if it was the root that messed us up?

Jinx did you root?

No I didnt root the phone yet...with the battery issue I wasnt going to modify stock software until I could determine if it was fixable or not.

Something in the inital config from the factory seems to be bad for certain people, but the factory reset definitely does the trick.

One other thing to note...do the initial google config step by step once resetting the phone, dont skip out of it and do it later.
22nd April 2011, 06:28 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jink25

Cycle the battery by letting it drain all the way down until you cant even turn it on.

Perform a full factory reset and let the phone charge fully before loading the phone up with 3rd party apps just to make sure you dont introduce anything new to the scenario that may drain battery life.

So you are saying drain battery dead till it turns off. Then you say perform a full factory reset and let the phone charge. How do I perform a full factory reset if I just ran the phone dead?
22nd April 2011, 06:37 PM |#31  
Asheville, NC
Thanks Meter: 1,153

More
There is a battery conditioning procedure recommended by HTC - probably would work with any battery

To also help with Battery Life you can do these steps exactly:

1) Turn your device ON and Charge the device for 8 hours or more 2) Unplug the device and Turn the phone OFF and charge for 1 hour 3) Unplug the device Turn ON wait 2 minutes and Turn OFF and charge for another hour Your battery life should almost double, we have tested this on our devices and other agents have seen a major difference as well

The above is a cut-and-paste.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gaww For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gaww Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)