Search This thread

Paapz

Jan 12, 2014
thanks

A big thanks to baha.......u saved me:good::good::good::good::good:

as u said i was overstressed..........

misahalfar

Mar 14, 2010
LP saved my ass ;D ... I had problem with odex...that "Data/Data-lib" or "wipe cache" method did not work for me :(

anyway that topic showed me the the right way!

madefree

Nov 4, 2006
AUSTIN TX
notpracticinglaw.info
Hey all,
Great Topic

I have the same error problem here as with the HTC since LG (and others) who,
in 2013 and 14 seem to cut costs at their and our own expense.
Why do I say that.....

Reason the size of the available Storage for a 2GB or a 4GB or an 8GB Storage
/ ROM area are the same.
It's kind of like micro sd card in the Internal Storage.

SD cards are listed .... as such ..... in the Internal Storage and than listed something like sd-ext for the External, but they are still SD CARDS and measure about the same in size.
BUT
In order to SELL more devices HTC and LG (and others,) and skim expenses they
place the smallest sized sd storage in the INTERNAL that they had laying around
or got stuck with 4 ( + or - ) years ago.

Like who today, with an IQ above their shoe size are going to ever go out and buy
a 2GB or 4GB SD Card? Unless that is all they can find or afford. I know HTC and
LG can Find and afford 8GB sd cards.

So rather than the manufactures pretend to want to sell more phones, the supply us
with HTC and LG and others. and than run in "Insufficient storage" when the flipping
Internal Storage should have been 8GB or 16GB INSTEAD.

So I have a new 3 day old LG F6 that I can not add a 1.44MB file like System Cleanup EVEN after I delete Rom Manager PRO 28MBs.
As I tried everything I could delete and or any and everything I could get moved to sd-ext .....and STILL getting "insufficient storage" Error.

I re-moved 40MB and can't install a 1.44MB File! WOE!

I was going to re-install my paid for Rom Manager Pro after I get "sufficient storage!"

So poll... how many here believe I will EVER buy another LG?

I get to vote first.... I vote.... N-E-V-E-R!

So someone in upper management wants to make some extra money for
themselves, so instead of a 8GB INTERNAL SD they get a 4GB placed in
manufacturing so they can save $2-$4 dollars or yen per unit?
And the stock ROM unzipped and running is 2.9 or MORE! WOE!
And at the same time LOOSE 100s or even 10s of 1000s of customers, with their
10s of 1000 of dollars?

So all I can do is Factory Reset and sell the poj? (piece of junk.)

OR somehow get GingerBread or ICS on this "storage short" poj??

Psst: And I personally don't and wouldn't use any app to crack anything.
I pay for all paid for apps and services. and I sure could have used that there banned patcher that is gone from googirlplay.

But thank you all for your great suggestions and attempts to help others AS that is what this board is all about anyway. Sorry for the "venting!"

jrummy16

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 19, 2010
Placentia
jrummyapps.com
Here is a quick fix.

Run this in adb shell as root and it will fix any bad packages.

Code:
for line in `pm list packages -f`; do pkg=`echo $line | cut -d: -f2 | cut -d= -f2`; if [ "$(ls /data/app-lib | grep "${pkg}-" | wc -w)" -gt 1 -a "$pkg" != "android" ]; then fullname=`echo $line | cut -d: -f2 | cut -d= -f1`; filename="$(basename $fullname)"; badfile=`ls /data/app-lib | grep "${pkg}-" | grep -v "${filename%.*}"`; rm -rf /data/app-lib/$badfile; echo "Fixed $pkg"; fi; done

S3XY

Feb 15, 2014
SSDP (same problem different phone) i9001 Liquid JB 4.2.2

Hello folks!

After having being through all the different solutions proposed on here, I remembered that once, long ago, I noticed that sometimes updates wouldn't install themselves on top of too many others ones. Basically, one has to revert the application to its basic state, I mean without the updates layers first, and apply the latest update from there.

For doing so and that was a fix for me:

- Open RU (Root Uninstaller)

- Search for the culprit, here "Services Google Play"

- Double click on it

- Then select "Reset" and confirm.

- Go to market/Google play store, update it.

And Voila! That's it.

Hope this help as much as this forum helped me with my mobile issues in the past. ;)

Reactions: Bazirker

Epiclectic

May 20, 2011
Los Angeles
Keep trying...you will win.

Do the following:
1. Delete all files in "data\app-libs\com.facebook.katana-2" then delete this folder.
2. Go to "data\data\com.facebook.katana" then delete the following syslink folders: (app-libs), (lib→data\app-libs\com.facebook.katana-2).
3. Go to "data\app" then delete "com.facebook.katana-2.odex" (if present).
4. Reboot
Then reinstall the facebook from playstore

Tried like 5 methods to get my Castle Clash to update, finally this data\app-libs\{problem app} deletion worked.
Samsung Relay/CM10.1

Thanks !

rudrasinh

Jun 13, 2013
hey can any one help me same problem with me I use HTC one x rooted and I use stock Rom android 4.2.2 and I found app-lib folder but in there, there was no subfolder named APP-PATH PLEASE help me out thanks

demlv

Sep 16, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
hey can any one help me same problem with me I use HTC one x rooted and I use stock Rom android 4.2.2 and I found app-lib folder but in there, there was no subfolder named APP-PATH PLEASE help me out thanks

See the post above yours. "APP-PATH" is really referring to the name of the app that you are having trouble updating.

For troubles with with the facebook app, the instruction is: Delete all files in "data\app-libs\com.facebook.katana-2" then delete this folder.

Hopefully that makes sense. Good luck! ;)

Reactions: Wh1t3Rose

demlv

Sep 16, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Here is a quick fix.

Code:
for line in `pm list packages -f`; do pkg=`echo $line | cut -d: -f2 | cut -d= -f2`; if [ "$(ls /data/app-lib | grep "${pkg}-" | wc -w)" -gt 1 -a "$pkg" != "android" ]; then fullname=`echo $line | cut -d: -f2 | cut -d= -f1`; filename="$(basename $fullname)"; badfile=`ls /data/app-lib | grep "${pkg}-" | grep -v "${filename%.*}"`; rm -rf /data/app-lib/$badfile; echo "Fixed $pkg"; fi; done

Can anyone translate this into non-developer speak for me. I did a quick search but no joy. I assume this involves pushing a script to the device and then running it. Is there a really basic primer that anyone can link to? Thanks. :confused:

r0mmel

May 12, 2006
you are the man! thanks so much for this solution! i tried everything but this one worked :)

madefree

Nov 4, 2006
AUSTIN TX
notpracticinglaw.info
Can anyone translate this into non-developer speak for me. I did a quick search but no joy. I assume this involves pushing a script to the device and then running it. Is there a really basic primer that anyone can link to? Thanks. :confused:

Im in the same boat... I TRIED to do an adb push and a adb command yesterday and NEVER had any luck getting any "terminal" work done.

The question is does that work in Android Terminal?
IF it does I might use it there... But Windose doesn't "" recognize "" most everything I cut and paste in the CMD even I start the cmd as admin "" within "" the correct directory with adb running.

If I only knew scripting WOW! "IF"

IF it is a script there are Android Script installers even Rom Toolbox lite and many other FREE scripters out there.

Sorry.... just guessing.

ddzado

Nov 21, 2012
Can you just delete all the folders? I am very very tempted...

So I tried it... It caused me to have to reinstall some apps. Oh well.

Last edited:

alex__sp

May 4, 2011
Buenos Aires
Hello guys,

There is one small problem with this solution, NO SOLUTION FOR NON-ROOTED PHONES!

I have an Xperia ZL C6502 right now and I recently updated it to the latest firmware with android 4.3. The problem is that the phone I've got cannot be unlocked. I was able to root it using an easy method which worked for non-unlocked phones but it's currently not working with the latest firmware, at least not yet.

I've been using custom ROMS for a long time but I had to stop when I found out this cellphone can't be unlocked.

So, what solution can you give me when I have no access to the root folder "data"? I know the folder and everything but I can't access, there has to be a way.

Reactions: reza2kn
Hi,
this is a problem i encountered many times after (a while) i updated my phone to 4.2.2 (cannot install/update any app.apk file outside the playstore and there is this famous "Insufficient storage available" error which cant solved by wiping cache and dalvik cache).

And after some investigation i noticed that since android 4.2, google create a new lib folder for the apps in "/data called /data/app-lib/" and there is a symlink from "/data/data/APP-PATH/lib" to this folder which is the most culpable of this error.

So to avoid this kind of error:

1. go to "/data/app-lib/APP-PATH(that has this error)/lib" and delete.
2. install/update the apk app.
3. if not work go to "/data/app-lib/APP-PATH(that has this error)" and delete all the folder (but you must begin by their sub-folder then the folder itself, because you cant delete the folder of this APP-PATH directly without deleting their sub-folder first.

i hope, i helped some of you guys that you have this erroneous and overstressed error.

Thank you! This is the solution that I've been searching for.

Reactions: ricardofavmoreira

orgon3

Sep 24, 2013
My issue is with Google+. I am using GEL btw, so G+ has all of my desktop icon placements/widgets, which I am trying to not lose. I have gotten this for just about every app, and I've always fixed it by deleted the /data/app-lib/[app-name] folder. I went to see that you are mentioning about a lib folder. I do not see a lib folder in either com.google.android.apps.plus-1 or com.google.android.apps.plus-2. Any thoughts before I delete both folders?

reza2kn

Oct 30, 2011
Shiraz
Hello guys,

There is one small problem with this solution, NO SOLUTION FOR NON-ROOTED PHONES!

I have an Xperia ZL C6502 right now and I recently updated it to the latest firmware with android 4.3. The problem is that the phone I've got cannot be unlocked. I was able to root it using an easy method which worked for non-unlocked phones but it's currently not working with the latest firmware, at least not yet.

I've been using custom ROMS for a long time but I had to stop when I found out this cellphone can't be unlocked.

So, what solution can you give me when I have no access to the root folder "data"? I know the folder and everything but I can't access, there has to be a way.

I Have the same problem too!

I have an Asus Memo Pad HD7 Dual Sim Tablet With Android 4.3 which Apparently cannot be rooted and about 80% of the apps that i want to install or update give me this damn error! :| :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    this is a problem i encountered many times after (a while) i updated my phone to 4.2.2 (cannot install/update any app.apk file outside the playstore and there is this famous "Insufficient storage available" error which cant solved by wiping cache and dalvik cache).

And after some investigation i noticed that since android 4.2, google create a new lib folder for the apps in "/data called /data/app-lib/" and there is a symlink from "/data/data/APP-PATH/lib" to this folder which is the most culpable of this error.

So to avoid this kind of error:

1. go to "/data/app-lib/APP-PATH(that has this error)/lib" and delete.
    2. install/update the apk app.
    3. if not work go to "/data/app-lib/APP-PATH(that has this error)" and delete all the folder (but you must begin by their sub-folder then the folder itself, because you cant delete the folder of this APP-PATH directly without deleting their sub-folder first.

i hope, i helped some of you guys that you have this erroneous and overstressed error.
    Here is a quick fix.

Code:
    Another Insufficient Storage fix

Hi all,
    I personally found that this method didn't fix it for me... apparently on my Galaxy Note GT-N7000 running SlimBean 4.3, there really WAS a complete lack of storage after only a week or two of running. This is an issue that affects non-custom ROMs also, otherwise I'd be posting on the developer forum, it doesnt seem to be an issue with the custom.

If you are suffering from a distinct lack of internal storage, try the following;

1. Get a decent Root Explorer (FX root is now free and very good)
    2. Navigate to /data/log
    3. Check for oversize log files ~260k titled 'dumpstate'
    These dumpstate log files were steadily consuming my storage, they were up to 750 items in a week and steadily increasing. They are written when the phone loses mobile coverage, so if you're in a blackspot they will start eating storage.

Some file explorers will allow you to 'Select All' and you can happily empty the entire folder without risk to your system that I know of. If yours doesn't, you can actually delete the entire log folder and re-make it with no ill effects. Solved my problem!

Take it easy :)
    Guys please help a desperate guy (me) who tried to solve this problem fore more than a day already...:crying:
    I have my Nexus 7 2013 device and I found that I can't update apps.
    It's funny because I can update some apps but not other ( say I can't update Chrome but I can update any.do)
    I can download some app but not
    ...................................................................... WAIT WHAT?!
    I FINALLY SOLVED THIS PROBLEM!!!!
    I simply downloaded LINK2SD and set the install location to AUTO and restarted my tablet. Then YEAHHH!! problem solved!
    At first I thought I didn't have an external SD card so I didn't try. But as I was so desperate, I tried it anyway and it WORKED!
    Please give it a try if you are like me, whose device doesn't have an external SD card.

Thank you guys for all the help and suggestions along the way!
    Thx for the fix suggestion,

but unfortunately this solution failed to fix my issue.

Maybe this one can help the other who also haven't manage to fix theirs,

try to download "Lucky Patcher" and choose "Troubleshooting", it will check whether there were ODEX file left after previous installation and else, and will delete the file when necessary.

It fix my "insufficient storage issue"