[Q] Download Manager

Search This thread

anshumangoyal

Apr 13, 2014
Bengaluru
I am looking for a download manager for my Nexus 5 Phone running on Mahdi ROM and Code Blue Kernel. When I download file from Chrome and/or mozila the file is downloaded at very slow speed. So, is there any download manager (Best Ones), which I can use to download files. Most of the times the files are ROMS (Zips) and/or MP3 songs. I did tried all Download Managers in Play Store, but none of them is good and are very-very complex.

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
I am looking for a download manager for my Nexus 5 Phone running on Mahdi ROM and Code Blue Kernel. When I download file from Chrome and/or mozila the file is downloaded at very slow speed. So, is there any download manager (Best Ones), which I can use to download files. Most of the times the files are ROMS (Zips) and/or MP3 songs. I did tried all Download Managers in Play Store, but none of them is good and are very-very complex.

Download managers won't magically increase your download speed. Don't even bother.

anshumangoyal

Apr 13, 2014
Bengaluru
But, I have seen the increase in speed when I manually Copy and Paste the link in some of the available download managers. So, some magic is there for sure.

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
But, I have seen the increase in speed when I manually Copy and Paste the link in some of the available download managers. So, some magic is there for sure.

A "download manager" is nothing more than something that manages downloads, it isn't going to really affect your download speed in any way. If your connection has a certain download speed, nothing will increase that. No such magic.

Reactions: Wh1t3Rose

prasanth21

Aug 22, 2014
Kottayam
I use ADM. Works fine for me. I prefer this to the stock downloader.
Hope this helps!

Wh1t3Rose

As @Lethargy said download managers do not increase your DL Speed. Download Managers only provide a better interface to sort active downloads find previously downloaded files. That's all. I suggest you do a speed test to really make sure the speed at which you download files match your actual speed. You could be experiencing network congestion. Also if you are downloading from a free file hosting site it probably throttles your speed to promote it's premium service. Btw Don't ever buy into one of these. There are plenty of free alternatives that don't have any limitations like Mediafire :)

Reactions: Elluel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

A "download manager" is nothing more than something that manages downloads, it isn't going to really affect your download speed in any way. If your connection has a certain download speed, nothing will increase that. No such magic.
    As @Lethargy said download managers do not increase your DL Speed. Download Managers only provide a better interface to sort active downloads find previously downloaded files. That's all. I suggest you do a speed test to really make sure the speed at which you download files match your actual speed. You could be experiencing network congestion. Also if you are downloading from a free file hosting site it probably throttles your speed to promote it's premium service. Btw Don't ever buy into one of these. There are plenty of free alternatives that don't have any limitations like Mediafire :)