dell streak performace fix!!!!!Update

Search This thread
K

Kolteabhiman

many people ound wifi was not working after flashing smokku,s custom kernel.
i found right way to tweak and upgrade ur dell streak performance by not installing kernel.

STEPS.
1.extract update in a folder.
2.root ur streak.
3.download root manager.
4.mount internal storage as R/W.
5.copy and replace all the files in system folder of performance fix file to internal storage of dell streak>system.
6.reboot ur system.
7.i done like this and getting 30.28 on neocore and 1818 on quadrant.39.66 on linpack

Last edited:

tina333

Sep 6, 2010
Cornwall
i found right way to tweak and upgrade ur dell streak performance by not installing kernel.

STEPS.
2.root ur streak.
3.download root manager.
5.copy and replace all the files in system folder of performance fix file to internal storage of dell streak>system.
6.reboot ur system.
7.i done like this and getting 29 on neocore and 1368 on quadrant.35.66 on linpack

Which rom does this work with? Im currently on steves 1.4.6.

Reactions: tomdog22

peterson65

Apr 9, 2006
CARY

STEPS.
2.root ur streak.
3.download root manager.
6.reboot ur system.
7.i done like this and getting 30.28 on neocore and 1818 on quadrant.39.66 on linpack

copy files with what? through windows? i did mount internal storage as r/w but when i mount sd card thats all i can access in windows i have win 7 64 , does the streak show up as a device normaly in windows when connected with the usb?
thanks

freco

May 17, 2007
Athens
Worked fine for me (performance increase) but WiFi does not start. In settings under WiFi says Error. :-(
WiFi Fixer does nothing about it.

Last edited:

freco

May 17, 2007
Athens
I did a factory reset but didn't work.
I run the update 318 and fixed it but I lost root and I had to set everything up again.

lucian777

Jan 25, 2007
Bucharest
I've just realized that the modules are compiled for that custom kernel (boot.img), if you update only the modules without the kernel the wifi will not work.
If anyone gets wifi error just restore the old modules or reflash the device .

Last edited:

freco

May 17, 2007
Athens
is this stock froyo official only???

currently im on 1.8.1 dj steve.mod.

should i do this???:confused:

You had an option (in install.txt) to enable it during install of 1.8.1 (...perfmod - Enables the 1.6.1 Perfmod Option, disabled by default due to possible problems...).
Did you enable it?
I don't think you should run it now.

If you didn't at the first place consider re-flash 1.8.1 with perfmod option in install.txt.

peterson65

Apr 9, 2006
CARY
is there a easy way to remove the performance fix? i am on dell 318 now . or do i have to downgrade and then upgrade to the 318 all over again?
thanks

freco

May 17, 2007
Athens
You have to put 318...pkg to SD, reboot in (stock) recovery and choose option 2 (update from SD card).
It will come to factory settings though (=install everything from scratch).

PS. Anybody with performance fix with no wifi problems?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

STEPS.
    2.root ur streak.
    3.download root manager.
    6.reboot ur system.
    7.i done like this and getting 29 on neocore and 1368 on quadrant.35.66 on linpack

Which rom does this work with? Im currently on steves 1.4.6.