Cannot control Walkman using earphone

Search This thread

ermond012

Jul 6, 2013
Malabon City
Hi guys, my concern is I cannot control the music using my earphone. I already dloaded and turned on the music or Walkman option for Smart Key but I still couldn't. Every time I click the button of my earphone it's just launching the Smart Connect. Any idea how to resolve this?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

danw_oz

Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
HTC Desire
Sony Xperia Z5
Hi guys, my concern is I cannot control the music using my earphone. I already dloaded and turned on the music or Walkman option for Smart Key but I still couldn't. Every time I click the button of my earphone it's just launching the Smart Connect. Any idea how to resolve this?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

So we are guessing that you are referring to the stock headphones? And what are you trying to control?

ermond012

Jul 6, 2013
Malabon City
So we are guessing that you are referring to the stock headphones? And what are you trying to control?

Yes the one that's included on the box. The play, pause, the double clicking for the next track and triple clicking for the previous track.

Update: It's a bug on FW .518 as per Sony Forum that's resolved on FW .534. Just gonna update my phone to 4.3 this weekend to fix this.

Last edited: