[ROM/Port]Discontinued ICS

Search This thread

enohand

Sep 24, 2010
Philly
See I don't know what my issues specifically were, but v5 was completely unstable for me.

I even did a double wipe, then cleared all caches wiped again then applied, hung on the nexus animation a few times. Then reloaded but had constant fc's and reboots.

V4 works flawlessly for me. Though I can't change my density for some reason. I set it. Reboot but it always goes back to 240

Sent from my Incredible using XDA App

sfreier

Sep 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
So I finally made the jump from V.01 to V.05 and I am very impressed with the improvements that have been made. I love the chrome browser and glad I can finally use it flawlessly.

The first 24 hours after I installed I had a dozen or so random reboots but I guess things have settled as I have had zero today with heavy usage. I did set the CPU to 384/1075 and I think that may have helped stabalize the ROM. One negative that I do notice it that the battery drain is way worse on V.05 then it was on V.01.

Thank you for your continued work and I look forward to a completely working camera although it is perfectly workable in it's current state.

x2kjosh

Jul 14, 2010
Castle Rock, CO
I just updated my Asus Transformer to ICS (Official Asus build with root added of course) and damn that thing is slick as can be... Made the tablet better for sure. If the Incredible gets to that state, then we're all in for a treat!

graymonkey44

Nov 12, 2011
New York
Just tried it, its not compatible with the OpenGL. Cannot see anything after 1st splash screen.

I wonder how it is with the old drivers. Anyone who is running AOKP from protekk can. He didn't update to the newest from evervolv.
Thanks for letting me know. I reverted back to V.04 because I was getting too many force closes/too unstable. I'm running the new incredikernel with .04 and it's running very smooth. The lagfree governor is very solid, too.

pingels

Apr 27, 2006
OnePlus 6
just want to comment that this ROM + FPSE + Wiimote controller + wiimote + GT2 = instant memories of countless memories spent in 1999. Thanks.

miketwoms

Aug 9, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Anybody having GMail sync issues? V4 with V4 GApps and my Gmail is no longer syncing.

I think I may have suffered a few Gmail brownouts with this ROM earlier, but the issue resolved itself after a reboot, or maybe toggling Airplane mode. It was quite annoying while I was going through it, but I remember it working itself out and not dealing with it more than a couple times.

Homan13PSU

Oct 7, 2010
Ashburn, VA
I think I may have suffered a few Gmail brownouts with this ROM earlier, but the issue resolved itself after a reboot, or maybe toggling Airplane mode. It was quite annoying while I was going through it, but I remember it working itself out and not dealing with it more than a couple times.

Hmmmm, ok. Thanks. I've tried all that and haven't recovered it. I think I'm finally ready to take my upgrade, so it may be moot anyways.

muaddib20

Aug 20, 2010
I was having trouble with version five, completely wiped and reinstalled, and got stuck with the five vibes of death. Anybody have any ideas?

Sent from my Droid using XDA App

yokem55

Feb 14, 2010
I was having trouble with version five, completely wiped and reinstalled, and got stuck with the five vibes of death. Anybody have any ideas?

Sent from my Droid using XDA App

There is a sticky thread in the general forum on how to recover from the 5 vibes of death. You will need to load up a GB ROM though to run the commands....

muaddib20

Aug 20, 2010
There is a sticky thread in the general forum on how to recover from the 5 vibes of death. You will need to load up a GB ROM though to run the commands....[/QUOTE

I've been reading and trying things all weekend but most of those threads are inactive or links don't work anymore. Did the pb311 image thing in bootloader still nothing. From what I can find though it might be the internal memory partitions. Who knows. Back to the old Motorola Droid for now.

Sent from my old slow Droid using XDA App

yokem55

Feb 14, 2010
There is a sticky thread in the general forum on how to recover from the 5 vibes of death. You will need to load up a GB ROM though to run the commands....[/QUOTE

I've been reading and trying things all weekend but most of those threads are inactive or links don't work anymore. Did the pb311 image thing in bootloader still nothing. From what I can find though it might be the internal memory partitions. Who knows. Back to the old Motorola Droid for now.

Sent from my old slow Droid using XDA App
Yeah, if you can't get any joy on booting it with the USB hooked up to a computer then you have something else wrong. When I was first trying to recover mine this blog post was the most succinct http://pvillecomp.com/?page_id=33

broons

Dec 7, 2010
Not sure if its been posted here yet (didn't see it in the last few pages) so sorry if its old news, but regarding the new Chrome update and v.05. Find ro.build.id in the build.prop and change it to IML74K. Chrome now works for me. Found this fix on root wiki forums.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using XDA App

LauraSakura

Jan 29, 2009
Youngstown, OH
Main problem for me is camera. Sometimes have problem where screen will not wake also. Not getting the random reboots though. Using Swype, trying to select text will cause the current application to FC. The only other thing I've noticed is a strange bug where I will end up with a "double screen" with two menu bars (one right in the middle of the screen.) I'll try to screenshot if it happens again. I can live with the problems for now though, and I just hope it keeps getting better :)

Sent from my Droid Incredible using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Discontinued ICS-Deck AOKP "Ice Cream Sandwich"

My Dinc Died, now using a Mecha until I get an Upgrade :(

Screenshot_2012-02-01-12-14-12.png
    Screenshot_2012-02-01-12-14-25.png

Rom Toolbox

Screenshot_2012-02-01-12-14-45.png
    Screenshot_2012-02-01-12-14-51.png

Clock/Power Menu/Lockscreen/Battery/More

Screenshot_2012-02-01-12-15-07.png
    Screenshot_2012-02-01-12-15-32.png
    Screenshot_2012-02-01-13-23-53.png
    Screenshot_2012-02-01-13-24-05.png
    Screenshot_2012-02-01-13-24-14.png
    Screenshot_2012-02-01-13-24-19.png

What Works​
    • Camera including Bar Code Scanner (Video choppy or crashes)
    • WIFI
    • Tethering
    • USB Mounting
    • Bluetooth
    • GPS/Nav
    • Phone
    • Data
    • Google Voice
    • Reboot takes care of wallpaper not being aligned

-and more I know I am missing

What Not Works​
    • EMMC Mounting
    • Some have issues reading music (I recommend to open gallery 1st to scan all media storage)
    • flash for websites
    • Youtube is choppy unless you have it on HD
      Could be more

My Install Order​
    • Full System Wipe
    • Wipe Davlik Cache
    • Rom
    • Gapps
    Once booted to get music to search phone I enter gallery. The thing is the music has to be in Media storage.

*** Remember that all the flashing is at your own risk ! Always make backups in recovery and/or titanium backup or MyBackup ! ***

Do not use any other Kernel except what is included or Tiamats that he just released yesterday

qrcode

DO NOT USE THE SOFT KEYS FROM VERSION .01 ON V.03 FRAMEWORKS NOT THE SAME​

Do not post links else were or provide mirrors without consent

ICS Launcher Options
    Banner.png
    Nova Launcher here is the thread

apex.png
    Apex Launcher here is the thread
    Change Log​

Features V.05​
    Build 25
    -added optional dBm text display which will replace your signal bars
    -added hide nav bar option (it will not work on devices that don't support a nav bar by default. more stability fixes for those devices later)
    -added warning to weather when no location can be found
    -added trackball alert
    -torch code improvements
    -small airplane mode visiblity improvement
    Updates from Build 24
    -Added lockscreen wallpapers
    It seems that there is an interesting bug with Lockscreen wallpapers. Every once in a blue moon, your device may do a 'soft-reboot'. I can go into the technical details of why this happens, but basically it comes down to displaying a large 'picture' and Java/Android not correctly cleaning up the references to it, thus creating a memory leak. This is extremely rare it happens, and I've only noticed it happen while the device is NOT being used. If you're concerned, please just remove the lockscreen wallpaper and it will never happen to you. I'm trying to find a way to make this 100% stable.
    -Added torch toggle to power menu
    -Added airplane mode toggle to power menu
    -Added 'about' page in ROM Control
    -Added new LCD density wizard to help keep your device from being 'not supported' by certain market apps
    -fixed music widget on octo lock
    -fixed reboots happening when trying to show power dialog more than once
    -fixed notification-unlink logic (won't toch other sound-volumes now)
    -fixed MTP devices not being recognized by default (Gnex, etc)
    • Evervolv's HW Acceleration
      -Google Chrome Works
      -Flash Works
      -No Camera Preview
      -Better graphics (Some graphical glitches-usually work themselves out)

Features V.04​
    Build 23
    Some cool new things with this release!
    -Added a quick-torch! (Enable in RC > Lockscreen first!)
    -While your phone screen is off, you can long-press the power button and the torch will auto-magically turn on. Let go and it will turn off :)
    -Zaphod-Beeble is the man behind this one, thank him.
    -Added end call button to notification bar while in call (Also Zaphod-Beeble!)
    -Added ability to add ROM Control shortcuts to your desktop (Long press desktop > Shortcuts)
    -Power Menu should update instantly now with the options of your choosing (sometimes it did not update instantly)
    -Updated scrolling-cache code
    -Should've fixed clock not updating for realz this time.
    -Fixed weather location not being checked properly in RC
    • N1/Desire HW hack
    • Quckpic Inverted Contact (Will provide in extra sections)
    • Tiamat Kernel is Default now

qrcode

Features V.03​
    Build 22 is still 4.0.3. Every single build and milestone is built directly from source. As such, we must wait for Google to release sources for 4.0.4. After that, we'll be working day and night to merge the new changes and bring you the latest!
    -Toggles on by default, disabled auto-hide by default
    -Added a hide USB debugging icon toggle
    -Added power key shutter for camera (Daneesh)
    -Added 'Always show lockscreen battery %' toggle (syaoran12)
    -Added option to disable scrolling cache (pawitp, AndroidON)
    -Added ability to slide statusbar to change brightness (Danesh)
    -Removed off state of alternate toggles (they're always white now, so it's easier to see)
    -Updated brightness slider code to be consistent with brightness changes
    -Updated sync toggle to keep it's state updated
    -Initial implementation of weather display (currently ONLY available above your carrier text in the drop down, more to come later)
    -Added ability to set custom DPI
    -Fixed weird phone layouts
    -Long click on a link now allows you to choose between opening in incognito/regular tab (Danesh)
    -Added a "Link mute states" check box in volume settings in case you don't want your notifications being muted when putting your phone in mute
    • Replaced deskclock with one from CM9 Developer(Andrew Neal)
      -added two more buttons to the ActionMode bar. An "Enable alarm" and "Disable alarm" button.
      -added a stopwatch and controls in the notification bar to start, stop, and lap it.
      -changed the background to something that reflects Ice Cream Sandwich a little more.
    • Removed Quckpic
    • Gallery Works
    • Updated Camera (rapmv78)
      -Working barcode scanner mode
      -Video still unstable
    • Inverted Contacts
    • Browser from 4.04
    • Incredikernel is pre-installed

qrcode

Features V.02​
    • Add missing sounds (sorry missed that)
    • Changed Boot Animation to Nexus
    • Removed Gapps
    • Data Monitor working
    • Since removing Gapps
      -Google TTS works and is on keyboard
      -Nav works-tested half hour drive with gps
    • Recommend doing full wipe, still learning
    • Gallery still not fixed yet
    • Music sometimes has issues as well
    • Optional Launcher removed in place of stock one (you can get the lauchers at the links I provided at the launcher options
    • Gallery not installing, removed and put in quickpic(free)

My install order
    • V.02
    • Gapps
    • Tiamat Kernel
    Once booted to get music to search phone I enter gallery. The thing is the music has to be in Media storage.

qrcode

V.01​
    • android 4.0.3 (IML74K)
    • Romanbb AOKP Milestone 3 build ported
      -Added LCD density switcher to ROM Control
      -Added quick pin unlock (source)
      -Added two new battery styles -- CircleMOD and Text (sethyx)
      -Added a 'Reset Nav Bar' button to RC which will reset your color and opacity to -default settings (as some of you requested)
      -Added ability to change ROM Control language to English if you're using another language
      -Added HDPI/MDPI toggle images, so they should show up correctly on tablets/Nexus S phones
      -Added a toggle toggle for tablets (and removed a few redundant settings)
      -Added ability to unlink ringtone and notification volumes (!!!)
      -Added white SMS Icon back to lockscreen (goes to stock Mms for now, will be configurable later)
      -Added link to T9 settings (so you can disable T9 if it freezes for you)
      -Added new phone options - Zaphod-Beeble!
      -Enable landscape
      -Status bar while in call
      -Exit to home (actually exists to most recent activity)
      -Disable lights out on nav bar
      -Removed hide nav bar function for now (it was causing unresponsive screen on incoming phone calls)
      -Fixed RC icon sizes
      -Fixed lockscreen icons not being set properly by default
      -Fixed wrong string for Emergency dialer on setup screen (#intent blah blah)
      -Fixed Power Saver being grayed on in RC even after enabling it
      -Fixed volume music controls conflicting with apps that take over volume button
      -Fixed landscape lockscreen layout
      -Fixed default toggles having Data (removed for devices that don't have data)
      -Fixed lockscreen rotation setting overriding system-wide rotation setting (system-rotation takes priority)
    • Apex Launcher replaced with default launcher
    • ICS Wallpaper from P3Droid, no default wallpaper with Apex yet
    • MultiLanguage
    • default dpi is set to 200
    • Included the latest camera fix (credits rapmv78)
    • keyboard (de, en, es, fr, it) download more dictionaries via keyboard settings. (press refresh)
    • Gallery is buggy, recommend QUICPIC
    • Kernel 2.6.38.8 Incredikernel ICS 01/03/2012
    • Gapps are included
    • removed Torch app.. you can use the toggle instead

qrcode
    ICS-Dinc V.04 Release - :D