Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

willverduzco

User Experience Admin
Staff member
Apr 30, 2010
Manassas, VA
Entries for the Nexus 7 Thanksgiving Contest go in this thread! Keep your eyes on the XDA Portal for full contest rules and details!

Edit: Now that the contest has gone live, here's the link!
Edit 2: Alright, guys! The contest is now closed! Thank you to everyone (and I do mean everyone) who participated. A winner will be announced in the coming week!
Edit 3: The winning developer has been announced! Congratulations to XDA Recognized Developer Quarx! Thanks for everything you do for the community!
Edit 4: Update time! Decide what happens to the second Nexus 7!
Edit 5: For those unhappy with the changes, see this post.
Edit 6: The second Nexus 7 winner (XDA Recognized Developer ::indie:: ) has been chosen. Stay tuned, as we finalize the details on the additional prize that will be given to the original winning nominator!

Last edited:

TheWizKid95

May 29, 2010
www.twitter.com
I'm thankful for everything I have, although I might not have much.
My Galaxy Nexus (Lilly) is doing well and even though my Nexus 7 (Mindy) is broken right now, and my laptop (Katya) is failing on me, I'm still glad I have something.
But if I somehow win, I'd for one of the AOKP developers to receive the Nexus 7. I'm not sure if AOKP counts as a developer since it's a group, but I hope we can figure something out. Happy holidays everyone!

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I am thankful for aorth 's development and contribution for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0. Without him we would all very likely be stuck with stock. He has built many Recoveries, and builds and maintains CM ROM's( 9& 10) for just about every tab plus 7.0, incuding of course devices he does not even own. He does so with limited resources from Samsung. He is one of the nicest devs as well, not flaming n00bs, genuinely helpful, and is not interested in donations for himself.
He is a true master of Linux and an Android expert. He also develops for may other devices including Tab 7.7 and a Huawei smartphone, I think. He has made our devices literally like new devices, with all of the usual custom ROM goodies.
We should all be honored to have such a wonderful guy at XDA.
Thank You and Happy Holidays everyone.

Last edited:

Giblet-dono

Mar 24, 2009
OnePlus 7T Pro
OnePlus Nord
I want to say thanks to J4N87, Otherwise known as Jan.
http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=2229548

- I know Neither Jan, nor I live in the US, But I want there to be recognision for this developer!

Jan is a whole new Developer, as such that he has not been a rom developer for long yet.
But the impact this person has had on the rom development scene is gigantic!

The first time I noticed him as a developer was in the days of the first custom roms for the HTC One X.
He (re)made some very great mods for existing roms, such as the Advanced Power Menu and Extended Quick Settings.
Up till then this was not possible in Sense 4.

After a while of addepting his mods for bases and roms he decided it was time for something new, and more challenging.
At that moment his struggle ;) began!
He started to develop his own rom, first alone, but not much later with a small team.
The device he developed the rom for, named Bulbasaur, was the HTC One X.

This first rom was already a breakthrough for sense 4 roms.
A HUGE amount of tweaks was included, some things never seen before were achieved.
And as the rom kept evolving, from Bulbasaur > Ivysaur > Venusaur > Charmender > Charmeleon, more functiosn kept on being added!
The roms were everytime nearly bugfree and every bug that was present would be fixed in no time!

The only complaint that kept coming back for Team PKMN, was that their name was to "childish"
Now I must make a footnote here: I really liked the PKMN name, and the "EvolutioN" idea!
But.. as always ..a great transition could not be prevented..
And Finally after a LONG wait (well, everyday waiting is long), Team Pkmn, rebranded to Team Venom and release their new ViperX Rom.

Again flabbergasting all their users, they actually managed to find some new features to implement, never seen before features on a custom sense rom!
They implemented an OTA update system which integrated PERFECTLY with the standard HTC OTA update system.
They implemented a theme engine, not only for the taskbar, but also for all sense icons, and SO much more.
And who can forget the AWESOME Venom Hub in which all these resources can be shared and downloaded!

Since then the ViperX rom has evolved with more tweaks, more skins and more awesomeness with every updated!
Ofcourse other forums noticed the awesome development for the One X..
And more and more wnated a taste of this sweet, sweet venom..

The Venom team kept expanding and today 14 devices are supported by the Viper team:
Sensation, One X, One XL, One S, Saga, Desire HD, Vivo w, Vivo, Evo LTE, Inc 4G, Vision, Rezound, and both Evo 3D's!

I have tested this rom myself on the One X, One S, Sensation and Desire Z and everytime I am astounded by the quality.
So I really want to say thanks Jan! Thanks for this awesome development!

Besides his development Jan also is a very calm and patient helper in his thread.
Even when a question ahs been answered a thousand times, he answers it again, calmly.
And I think most important, he also takes time for his (Soon to be) Wife...

P.S. I know most people will write about devs like Football, Xoom and Amarullz.. and I don't want to deny them any time in the spotlight, but I think J4N87 deserves the spotlight for once!
P.P.S Thank Jan on twitter ;) -> https://twitter.com/j4n87

Last edited:

themadmen

Jun 2, 2009
Brooklyn
twitter.com
Happy Thanksgiving

My Favorite Dev have to be Mazda for my EVO 4G. I can see myself following his ROMs for a very long time. And that is refreshing because too many developers nowadays happen to be over and done with in a day or two and then left to rot in the shelves.

Thank You

melvinchng

Oct 17, 2010
Penang
Morfic, he makes good kernel... What he does is different from others. He don't rush to release a kernel, what he did is test it for few weeks, tweak that and only release that.

He is a really responsible developer out there. Willing to fix those big and share his experience with users. I'm sure he is a great developer!

Reactions: lbingham

rwilco12

😺 Recognised Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
I would have to say the developer I am most thankful for is Mijjah74. Mijjah has been a theming and deving genius since before I ever even came around on XDA. Mijjah took the time to help me as a lowly Junior Member and teach me how to run a LogCat, allowed me to leech off of him and glean as much knowledge as I could, helped me on my own development projects, taught me the basics of Dev Work, made me an official part of his team he even hooked me up with AndroidFileHost who now hosts my website. And the awesomest part? Its not just me he helps! He helps everybody he can!

Not only is Mijjah an awesome developer/themer/all-around-cool-guy, he also has become a good friend and someone I can count on. He has created an extremely loyal following and supports multiple ROM's on multiple devices.

If anyone deserves a free Nexus 7 it's him!

And I wouldn't say no to one either... ;)

EDIT: Oh and it's his birthday today so that should be an extra point in his favor. :D

Last edited:

R1K05@N

Feb 29, 2012
Honolulu
Randomblame

HTC hit us Inspire 4G and Desire HD users with the news that ICS will not in fact be on our devices. We petitioned, whined, and I believe one of the other community members actually cried on the forum... All was lost and we would have to sink into the GB oblivion... until our faithful devs squeezed out droplets of the ICS goodness into our devices... but one developer took it further... beyond all of our collective imagination... Randomblame created Jellytime... JB ON OUR DESIREHD/INSPIRE4G! With this amazing dev at work, there was pretty much an update each week (still going!). Our Inspire4Gs/DesireHDs are blazing fast. On behalf of the Inspire4G/DesireHD users, I would like to thank Randomblame for his amazing contributions to our community with supplying us a big finger to HTC. BTW here's his link http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=1776875

Last edited:

LEGOracer69

Mar 16, 2012
I would like to thank clemsyn for his help. I am ASUS TF700 user, and there was a problem with power of the device. I asked him to help our TF700 community, and he has made us great kernel with CPU and GPU overclock, and he did it developer style, for free.

shrome99

May 11, 2011
Chandigarh
Superkid. He develops for the Desire S, which isn't a very popular device. He was the first person to get an AOSP ROM (CM7) on our device, and eventually got it official CM support. He was the first to port MIUI to the device, and later joined MIUI.us, and helped port MIUI to a ton of devices. He was the first to get ICS on our device, and worked along with m-deejay to fix the million issues encountered. He was the first to get Jellybean (4.1) for our device. Since HTC didn't really release ICS even when JB was out, he had to work with the Andromadus team to get kernel 3 on our device, which gave performance a SERIOUS boost, sorted most of the bugs on JB, and actually made sense of project butter. This was an exceptional task, and really took a lot of skill. I don't have enough adjectives to describe how grateful I am for all his work :D I'm sure he would be working on 4.2, continuing his streak of 'firsts' if he wasn't with the army right now, but real life always comes first ;)

Last edited:

omac_ranger

Apr 7, 2010
www.droidnerds.com
Considering I have chosen only Samsung devices (and most of them being the international versions) I would not have enjoyed them nearly as much without the contributions of recognized developer Entropy. Seriously, that guy is everywhere and always looking out for new devices. I heard this might not be the case with my most recent Galaxy Note II purchase, but I wouldn't have enjoyed my original Note or my AT&T GSII nearly as much. Thanks Entropy!

Nokip

May 11, 2011
I would have to say Gokhan Moral. The discovery of siyah kernel changed the way I think about flashing. I didnt know anything about rooting or modded roms and when I started reading about it I stumbled on siyah kernel. The stuff developers can do with code is pure magic and visiting Gokhans website has become part of my daily routine. Thank you all devs.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Reactions: Iced O

sparky28000

May 30, 2008
HTC hit us Inspire 4G and Desire HD users with the news that ICS will not in fact be on our devices. We petitioned, whined, and I believe one of the other community members actually cried on the forum... All was lost and we would have to sink into the GB oblivion... until our faithful devs squeezed out droplets of the ICS goodness into our devices... but one developer took it further... beyond all of our collective imagination... Randomblame created Jellytime... JB ON OUR DESIREHD/INSPIRE4G! With this amazing dev at work, there was pretty much an update each week (still going!). Our Inspire4Gs/DesireHDs are blazing fast. On behalf of the Inspire4G/DesireHD users, I would like to thank Randomblame for his amazing contributions to our community with supplying us a big finger to HTC.

I second this for you.

Reactions: R1K05@N

cquinn

Sep 25, 2010
This question is a little like asking if you like breathing better than sex. How do you choose? I've gotta choose notta for such a wide range of development and on such a cutting edge. Paranoid Android is absolutely amazing. And like many developers here it was started even though he didn't have his own HTC Evo4GLTE to work on. I would be amiss without thanking XDA for hosting and maintaining this site and encouraging this community. I will always be grateful for all the hard work and dedication to share with everyone the efforts of such talented developers.

mijjah74

Dec 13, 2010
Raymore
I would have to say the developer I am most thankful for is Mijjah74. Mijjah has been a theming and deving genius since before I ever even came around on XDA. Mijjah took the time to help me as a lowly Junior Member and teach me how to run a LogCat, allowed me to leech off of him and glean as much knowledge as I could, helped me on my own development projects, taught me the basics of Dev Work, made me an official part of his team he even hooked me up with AndroidFileHost who now hosts my website. And the awesomest part? Its not just me he helps! He helps everybody he can!

Not only is Mijjah an awesome developer/themer/all-around-cool-guy, he also has become a good friend and someone I can count on. He has created an extremely loyal following and supports multiple ROM's on multiple devices.

EDIT: Oh and it's his birthday today so that should be an extra point in his favor. :D

This is honestly the nicest thing anyone has ever done or said for me. I'm thankful for my family and very thankful for friends like this. You are a great guy and friend. Happy thanksgiving to you and everyone else. Enjoy the day and get off xda. :p

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

fryingpan0613

Jul 18, 2010
Central Florida
Google Pixel 6

^ This

sent from my awesomely huge Note II
sigpic2757720_4.gif

DomusX10

Feb 16, 2011
Rome
OnePlus 8 Pro
I thank you Zohaib0001 for the wonderful ROM Xperia T style for my Arc S.

He had a new life since I put it.

And then thank the philosophy of this forum: "Who knows more, teach. Who knows less, learns". Simple. Light. Wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    #1 Developer that I am thankful for.....

First I'd like to thank XDA & sponsors for this special Thanksgiving's offer. It is really super that we can identify super talent in this way.
    Over the past few years, I've been a member of several on-line boards & have been able to clearly identify XDA as the best.
    There are very many outstanding developers whom could receive the honor as being picked #1 developer. However, there is one that is not only an expert in his field, but is also an expert in being a devoted caring human being, all at the same time!
    With the support of his wife & daughter, he works hard throughout the week & weekends to ensure that we all have the the best software & support for our hardware. His devotion to the betterment of the Android OS is clearly seen by all his followers.
    I personally have changed through his actions. Previously, I could be considered a "Lurker", or one who reads & tests various solutions quietly in the background with donations to great work. I however quickly noticed the TEAM atmosphere that he has built. I began to help & assist those who failed to search or read previously covered subjects in the thread. After a while, he contacted me & asked if I would like to join his TEAM. I was extremely honored & accepted. It truly is a highlight for me to assist the TEAM members under his guidance. The methodology of "When there's a will.. there's a way" is really put to work everyday. His goal of having a smooth stable user friendly system for all users, is seen in the multiple ROMs he develops & maintains (Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100: Omega Rom Series Samsung based Jelly Bean,Samsung Galaxy S III I9300: Omega Rom Series Samsung based: Jelly Bean 4.1.2 - Omega AOKP - Android 4.1.2, Samsung Galaxy S II I9100: Omega Rom Series - Android 4.1.2 AOKP - Android 4.1.2, Omega Files Kitchen App for SG II + SG III - Build and Customize your rom the way you like it!!, HTC HD2 + Tmous HD2 - Omega v30 - WM6.5.x Build 29022. His popular OMEGA systems are used world wide.

My choice & hopefully yours as well, is clearly ::Indie:: http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=2576548 !
    Now, before you think "he's not in the US or Canada." His work & support sure is! Remember.."When there's a will...there's a way!"
    I'm an American citizen, stationed overseas, with an APO (American Post Office) address. I will personally deliver Indie's prize to him! He has done so much for all of us, it is the least that I can do. He clearly deserves to win! He is amazing.
    In any case, I'm thankful for Butterball turkeys & stuffing, XDA/Sponsors, Indie & my fellow OMEGA TEAM members.
    Thank you,
    Satdino

Thanks, everyone, for the amazing (and abundant) contest entries! So who's interested in hearing the winners?

I'm still re-examining all of the responses, but will have the final winners some time later this week or early next week. That said, we've already determined the winning developer!

XDA Recognized Developer Quarx, congratulations on your new Nexus 7. Thank you for development work and contributions to the community. Please send me a PM with your shipping address, and I will send you your device as soon as your winning nominator is chosen.

Cheers!
    Thank you Quarx

:good:
    Thank You Quarx,
    http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=513620

Initially Motorola Defy Came with Android 2.2 Froyo. and as any other phone company, they had stopped any update on Android.
    I was upset whenever Google launched new OS, and I was still using Froyo.

But then came Quarx, who updates his ROMS atleast twice a week with latest android sources.
    I have been following Quarx's Defy ROMS for last 5-6 months.

He has completely changed the mobile. Defy currently runs Jellybean(4.1.2) so smooth (much better than OEM version).
    It is so perfected, that there are virtually no bugs in the ROM.
    I have been using Jelly bean features long before most of the moderate users have heard of.
    Currently my phone is envied by a lot of high end smartphone owners who are still stuck on Gingerbread and having no such dedicated developers for their phones.

I had convinced my two friends to buy Defy+ models after seeing the Developer forum in XDA. ((My friends think "I get commission from Motorola for promoting Defy series".))

Then Quarx launched a Custom Kernel for MB525 and MB526 which made everything a lot more better. ONE ROM - 2 Mobiles.
    ((I cant even imagine what he could have done, if Motorola has unlocked bootloader))

I am very confident on future of his Jelly bean ROM, and expecting 4.2 very soon.

Thank you Quarx once again for your work on Defy series., Expecting your long association with Defy
    Thanks, everyone, for the amazing (and abundant) contest entries! So who's interested in hearing the winners?
    I'm still re-examining all of the responses, but will have the final winners some time later this week or early next week. That said, we've already determined the winning developer!
    XDA Recognized Developer Quarx, congratulations on your new Nexus 7. Thank you for development work and contributions to the community. Please send me a PM with your shipping address, and I will send you your device as soon as your winning nominator is chosen.
    Cheers!
    Big Thanks to Users for voting and to XDA team for the nice competitions and gifts. I'm really pleased :victory:
    I sent the address in pm:)