HOW TO links ~ Verizon HTC One (M8)

Search This thread

TonyStark R.I.P.

Retired Moderator - R.I.P.
May 20, 2008
Malibu Point
There are several HOW TO video threads atm. This thread will combine HOW to's into one place.
YouTube2.png

how%20to.png

Please thank the fine people that have put these threads togather for you.

Last edited:

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
Seeing as this is Pinned and I See no point in creating a thread just to get it lost in the Cluster.
if you want to add this
All_IN_ONE.zip - 22.59 MB

To the OP for resources
its a zip containing drivers/recoveries/adb.exe/fastboot.exe and most importantly a nice script to allow end user to do anything booting different recovery, flashing different recovery, reboot tools, and steps and links on how to Root and S-Off

If you feel its useful add to OP, if not no hard feelings.

TonyStark R.I.P.

May 20, 2008
Malibu Point
Seeing as this is Pinned and I See no point in creating a thread just to get it lost in the Cluster.
if you want to add this
All_IN_ONE.zip - 22.59 MB

To the OP for resources
its a zip containing drivers/recoveries/adb.exe/fastboot.exe and most importantly a nice script to allow end user to do anything booting different recovery, flashing different recovery, reboot tools, and steps and links on how to Root and S-Off

If you feel its useful add to OP, if not no hard feelings.
Unless you have a post on XDA for this, Your post ^^ here is fine

Thanks for your addition to the thread.

mcdonsco

Nov 11, 2008
what about unrooting , re-locking and s-on ? i havent found anything specific on how to do this ... ANYBODY ???

Yes please! I need this as well.

Asked in another thread and got a response from someone saying to get back to stock recovery you "do the same thing you did to get the custom recovery, just use the stock image instead".

Not so helpful without a link to a stock recovery image :(

Still hoping to find this somewhere.

TonyStark R.I.P.

May 20, 2008
Malibu Point
what about unrooting , re-locking and s-on ? i havent found anything specific on how to do this ... ANYBODY ???

Yes please! I need this as well.

Asked in another thread and got a response from someone saying to get back to stock recovery you "do the same thing you did to get the custom recovery, just use the stock image instead".

Not so helpful without a link to a stock recovery image :(

Still hoping to find this somewhere.

Look through QBKings videos found here. Please note, his videos, on the M8, are all listed in the black box on the right.

All of his videos regarding the M8 can be found in this link. You may find what you need in his tutorials.

Last edited:

Napoleones

May 3, 2014
To unbox:

MOD edit: This thread is for videos on helpful how to's for this device. A unboxing video is nothing more then a review of the device.

Last edited by a moderator:

xs11e

Oct 5, 2010
Phoenix
I'm wondering if "how to videos" that discuss rooting, custom recoveries, custom ROMs, etc. should also include a warning about accepting OTA updates?

Lots of Galaxy S3 and S4 users unknowingly accepted OTA updates to find their phones were now hopelessly locked down and no custom recoveries could be installed.

I personally believe ALL carriers want their phones locked down securely and do NOT want anyone to be able to mod a phone in any way and with this belief comes the thought that any phone such as the M8 will sooner or later receive an OTA that will lock the bootloader.

A warning about OTAs couldn't hurt anything...

tigerfire25

Aug 14, 2010
Peshawar
Hi ppl, looking into how to threads, I am still looking for a way to disable SIM from unknown source msg on my m8, how can I do that?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

refuse2bstopped

Jul 27, 2008
I saw a video about flashing to the Google play version of this device. Is there a link or instructions on here about that? And does anyone know whether it would even work since there's been an update since then?

Top Liked Posts