[Q] Any news/rumors/info on the sim-free Galaxy Nexus 32GB?

Search This thread

gabster21

Sep 7, 2010
Dubai
So far I've only been hearing about the 16GB unlocked version, or vague rumors about the 32GB Verizon LTE version.. but absolutely nothing on the 32GB unlocked one! Not even rumors or questions, I find that pretty strange. For a phone that takes videos in 1080p and is expected to hold 720p movies for playing, 13GB is very limited.. I need the 32GB Nexus NAO!!! :D

blunden

Jun 11, 2009
I was going to wait for that too until I decided that the risk of it never being released at all was too high. :(

FISKER_Q

Feb 25, 2009
Thats the LTE version.

Google UK only lists a 16GB and Samsung Nordic stated they wont bring out a 32GB version in scandinavia.

Sounds to me they wont make a 32GB GSM version at all.

atarumorooka

Nov 28, 2011
It is my idea...in Italy LTE is expected in 2012, the same will be in other european countries. I think Google and Samsung are marketing the 16Gb GSM now and they will upgrade it with a 32Gb LTE model once LTE is available in our countries.
What do you think? Are you going to wait?

Last edited:

Chirality

Sep 6, 2008
Cambridge, MA
My theory is that Samsung has no intention to make a 32GB Galaxy Nexus of any kind. All they wanted to do is make a 16GB version. However, Verizon will not sell a 16GB Galaxy Nexus, because all their high-end LTE phones come with at least 32GB of memory (whether built-in or through a combination of build-in memory and microSD in-box). So if the Verizon Galaxy Nexus only has 16GB build-in memory and no microSD expansion, Verizon will be forced to sell it for cheaper than all their other high-end LTE phones, because otherwise customers might look at how it has half the memory of other phones at the same price point and not choose it. So in order for Verizon to sell the Galaxy Nexus at $299/$649 like their other high end LTE phones, they had to get a 32GB version. So Samsung made a 32GB CDMA/LTE version at Verizon's behest. But they have no reason to make a 32GB GSM version.

gabster21

Sep 7, 2010
Dubai
How much space are 1080p recorded videos alone going to take? Not counting all the HD content you would want to watch on that nice 720p screen, this is going to make for a seriously limited experience. This means for average sized high def movies (3-4 GB) you'd be able to carry around a whopping 2 to 3 movies!

And by the time an "upgraded" version comes in the form of a 32GB GSM Nexus, it will already be time for the SGS3. I just don't understand why Google would shoot themselves in the foot like that.

Reactions: aware_of_vacuity

Bassarnis

Jun 20, 2011
Thessaloniki
I 've seen the 32GB version listed in a Greek website many days ago ( link ) , priced only 50 euros more than the 16gb one. If thats the case, no doubt i 'll be getting the 32gb one.

I was really wondering how they managed to get that device, since i haven't seen it listed, or priced, at other online stores. Anyway, i 'll call them and see what they have to say.

Edit: Mumbo Jumbo Gibberish. They told me to call them back in 10 days (thats when they say they will get the phone) if i wanted more info.

Last edited:

gabster21

Sep 7, 2010
Dubai
I 've seen the 32GB version listed in a Greek website many days ago ( link ) , priced only 50 euros more than the 16gb one. If thats the case, no doubt i 'll be getting the 32gb one.

I was really wondering how they managed to get that device, since i haven't seen it listed, or priced, at other online stores. Anyway, i 'll call them and see what they have to say.

Edit: Mumbo Jumbo Gibberish. They told me to call them back in 10 days (thats when they say they will get the phone) if i wanted more info.
They also have it listed on Expansys, I'm not sure if that means they're expecting it or if some kind of marketing ploy..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How much space are 1080p recorded videos alone going to take? Not counting all the HD content you would want to watch on that nice 720p screen, this is going to make for a seriously limited experience. This means for average sized high def movies (3-4 GB) you'd be able to carry around a whopping 2 to 3 movies!

And by the time an "upgraded" version comes in the form of a 32GB GSM Nexus, it will already be time for the SGS3. I just don't understand why Google would shoot themselves in the foot like that.
    I'm not going to buy it!

I still have a Nexus One with 32Gb SD and I love it. I didn't upgrade to Nexus S because SD was missing and patiently I was waiting for the Galaxy Nexus.
    My idea...few weeks ago? Wow, I'll have a wonderful new Nexus with 32Gb on board plus 32Gb SD = 64Gb total...YES!:)
    I'll have all my loved music, my movies, my games, my retro-games, my books, my pdf...you may don't need all those things, I understand but I am a tech nerd, I love technology, I love numbers...BIG numbers!! :D
    Then...sorry, no SD support....:eek:
    then...sorry, only 16Gb for the GSM model.:(
    then...LTE has 32Gb:eek:
    then...sorry Google, :mad: but I'll pass this time. Ask HTC next time, they know how to make us happy!
    A 32Gb GN GSM would be my choice and still there is no clear information on if this will ever exist.
    I'm struggling to get any official answers as I don't trust these sales sites that list a phone for preorder based off the marketing stuff/hype.
    I asked Samsung UK on their twitter feed on the launch day about the potential release of a 32Gb model they have chosen to ignore and not reply.
    I also asked google directly and again have just been ignored.

Still none the wiser!
    All in all if I was going to launch a new phone I certainly wouldn't follow the Galaxy Nexus approach which (volume issue not even being considered here) was extremely poor!

I wonder if Google or Samsung do actually want people to buy their phones? When considering the radio silence first off on the volume bug clearly not LOL

I'll stick with my Nexus S a while longer until this all blows over. :)
    I'll move on...

Sure it is a great phone but I feel Galaxy Nexus is not the joy I was waiting for, too many compromises to accept...the camera, the CPU, the 16Gb, the microSD absence. Think about it, if it was not for ICS on it, would have you bought it?

I'll keep my N1 having CM9 on it, sooner or later. Then, if Samsung will deliver the 32Gb version it will be ok, if not I'll get the quad-core HTC Edge or something similar...not a pure Google Experience but a solid HTC phone anyway.

I only hope next Nexus will be made by someone other than Samsung so to have again microSD support.