Sound equalizer app

Search This thread

937dytboi

Jul 30, 2007
Dayton, Ohio
Wp7 needs a sound equalizer app so us music listeners ca tweak the sound to our preference like beats by dre android edition phones.

I'm thinking the sound processor chip would need this capability. Would appreciate if this was able to be made. I would make the app if I knew what I was doing.

Sent from my Venue Pro using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Reactions: Unrootex

sinister1

Feb 28, 2009
Houston
I've brought up the subject before but no one showed interest. :(

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1414394

audiobooster.Jpeg

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

I've brought up the subject before but no one showed interest. :(

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1414394

audiobooster.Jpeg

I was possible on Windows Mobile and I don't see why it wouldn't be possible on Windows Phone which is more sophisticated.

Last edited:

enjoythemusic

Jan 8, 2009
www.EnjoyTheMusic.com
i'd be interested in an EQ. WP7 apps are sooo far nehind other devices. It would be nice to see an customizable (user adjustable plus a few typical presets) EQ like available on Android, etc.

markkamphorst

Jun 2, 2011
Schijndel
It truly would be nice.... i also miss some apps from android. Eventually they will come to wp7... i hope but an equalizer would be cool!

Krissrock

Nov 12, 2010
HTC had a sound enhancer app that was available for their phones. It was good enough. It must have since been taken down, cause since my phone crashed about a month ago, i cannot find the app at all...

sucks

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
I was possible on Windows Mobile and I don't see why it wouldn't be possible on Windows Phone which is more sophisticated.

WP7 API is too limited (comparing with WM/native WinCE), so it simple not possible for regular developers. But manufacturers can do, definitely (as HTC did). Or you may ask ROM cooks to embed any open source equalizer for WinCE (if any exists) to their custom ROM's.

Neo XL

Feb 24, 2006
Kassel
OPPO Reno 10x Zoom
That´s the reason, why windows phone will die... too much unnecessary limitations and no chance for an individual style...just the ability for changing the neon colors and to move the tiles around. Too less for user with experience... and the hacks also are not satisfying. I see no future for these phones. I´ve bought after one year without WP7 again one, but after three weeks i´m so disappointed about the changes and the slow development. MS has no interest in this system, because WP8 is on the start. And it will be again a new episode of hopes without getting really improvements for users with more wishes. The concept is for older people and very boring, if you use it longer than a few months - the desk style is for teenagers... a little bit "Kindergarden". There have been concepts like transparence effects for the tiles with background pictures... much more elegant....nothing was realized, too much limitations. No Folders in the long start menu and so on. Also this thing here... no equalizer app... that´s not a modern phone.
My next phone is HTC One X... i think, this is a really good development from HTC. It will be my 25th smartphone/ pocket PC... the best until now was the HTC HD2. But the prettiest was the Dell Venue Pro (i know - it´s my personal taste).

Last edited:

sinister1

Feb 28, 2009
Houston
I made this quick concept of what it might look like using Gimp, not the best mock up but it's just an idea of what a Windows Phone version might look like. ;)

17353_HD7.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

I made this quick concept of what it might look like using Gimp, not the best mock up but it's just an idea of what a Windows Phone version might look like. ;)

17353_HD7.jpg

I know Windows Phones are locked down and restricted but look at the Home Screen (World Time) Clock; most of us thought it wouldn't work because of how the home tiles refreshed and how most of us also thought that only phone carries were the only ones that could make wide tiles. There is a bunch of talent here on XDA, another exsample is the Lock Screen Widgets.:cool:

bennyj71

Feb 23, 2008
New Orleans
An EQ would be nice, but I'm more interested in Beats Audio. HTC will enable this on the HTC Vivd when they release ICS. If the can be enabled with a software update, can their other phones get it? Unlike the Rezound the Vivid didn't launch with it. Are the same audio chips being use in their WP phones?

lordmago

Feb 13, 2010
Near Venice
Last edited:

FiyaFleye

Oct 26, 2008
Miami
That´s the reason, why windows phone will die... too much unnecessary limitations and no chance for an individual style...just the ability for changing the neon colors and to move the tiles around. Too less for user with experience... and the hacks also are not satisfying. I see no future for these phones. I´ve bought after one year without WP7 again one, but after three weeks i´m so disappointed about the changes and the slow development. MS has no interest in this system, because WP8 is on the start. And it will be again a new episode of hopes without getting really improvements for users with more wishes. The concept is for older people and very boring, if you use it longer than a few months - the desk style is for teenagers... a little bit "Kindergarden". There have been concepts like transparence effects for the tiles with background pictures... much more elegant....nothing was realized, too much limitations. No Folders in the long start menu and so on. Also this thing here... no equalizer app... that´s not a modern phone.
My next phone is HTC One X... i think, this is a really good development from HTC. It will be my 25th smartphone/ pocket PC... the best until now was the HTC HD2. But the prettiest was the Dell Venue Pro (i know - it´s my personal taste).

Have you noticed that nobody else has stated that this platform would die? Or that they're going to Android? This has absolutely zero to do with the original topic, and honestly, nobody really cares if you're going to Android. If you think the platform will die, then stop posting here and giving it attention. I thought we had gotten past all of these nonsense posts. And for the record, your opinion isn't fact - it's actually far from it, and you sound ignorant stating it as though it's a factual future.

Anyway, I have the HTC Sound Enhancer app, but find myself rarely using it. I'm pretty sure it's currently disabled. I remember it causing crashes a few months ago as well.

prohibido_por_la_ley

Nov 21, 2011
Chicago
HTC had a sound enhancer app that was available for their phones. It was good enough. It must have since been taken down, cause since my phone crashed about a month ago, i cannot find the app at all...

sucks

goto the marketplace,download an app named reinstaller,sign in with your live ID ,look for sound enhanced in the list and hit download . That's what I did to get it on my HD7 for the first time today since I bought it on eBay back in November.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got the working sound enhancer

I got the working sound enhancer.................click below to download it...........

Have you noticed that nobody else has stated that this platform would die? Or that they're going to Android? This has absolutely zero to do with the original topic, and honestly, nobody really cares if you're going to Android. If you think the platform will die, then stop posting here and giving it attention. I thought we had gotten past all of these nonsense posts. And for the record, your opinion isn't fact - it's actually far from it, and you sound ignorant stating it as though it's a factual future.

Anyway, I have the HTC Sound Enhancer app, but find myself rarely using it. I'm pretty sure it's currently disabled. I remember it causing crashes a few months ago as well.
    Wp7 needs a sound equalizer app so us music listeners ca tweak the sound to our preference like beats by dre android edition phones.

I'm thinking the sound processor chip would need this capability. Would appreciate if this was able to be made. I would make the app if I knew what I was doing.

Sent from my Venue Pro using XDA Windows Phone 7 App