[ROM][WIP][10/21/12] MIUIAndroid 2.9.14 with Jellybean [Alpha4]

Search This thread

droid rocks

Jan 13, 2010
SD Card

Thanks for this rom. Does the app2sd script work with this rom? Also how do I access my sd card?

Bleelas

Oct 10, 2010
No apps2sd yet. I want to get the big bugs worked out before adding too much. The sd card is at /external_sd

Last edited:

aalopez10

Sep 21, 2009
Anyone can comment on the data issue when u switch 4g to 3g data completed shuts off n can't get it back with whatever I do have to reflash the whole rom

That's the only thing stopping now from using this

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Bleelas

Bleelas

Oct 10, 2010
Anyone can comment on the data issue when u switch 4g to 3g data completed shuts off n can't get it back with whatever I do have to reflash the whole rom

That's the only thing stopping now from using this

I'll put that high on my to do list

Reactions: tifford

tanpatnode

Dec 12, 2010
Has anyone been having activation problems? Worked for a few hours then upon restarts it would give the "activation in progress" sign.
It works and I have service+4g but I just want to make sure that I don't have problems that someone else had where the phone wouldn't activate at all.
Thanks in advance....

TXI Kaze

Dec 2, 2009
Has anyone been having activation problems? Worked for a few hours then upon restarts it would give the "activation in progress" sign.
It works and I have service+4g but I just want to make sure that I don't have problems that someone else had where the phone wouldn't activate at all.
Thanks in advance....

I've had that with every AOSP-based ROM for this phone lol.

Good news is, I may have the notification LED problem resolved. Someone helped point me in the right direction. Blee, if it sticks, I'll PM you. If not, well, it was worth a shot :silly:

EDIT: Nope, didn't work at all. Granted, I had no clue what I was doing lol. Talk to BeansTown106 on RootzWiki and see if he made any progress with the blinking.

Last edited:

pedroflovera

Apr 4, 2010
New York
Help

I have problems with my external sdcard, i not able to see my pictures or play my music, the only way is using any file explorer.

I love MIUI but is imposible for me to have this problem, any help please let me know the solution.

Last edited:

tanpatnode

Dec 12, 2010
I've had that with every AOSP-based ROM for this phone lol.

Good news is, I may have the notification LED problem resolved. Someone helped point me in the right direction. Blee, if it sticks, I'll PM you. If not, well, it was worth a shot :silly:

EDIT: Nope, didn't work at all. Granted, I had no clue what I was doing lol. Talk to BeansTown106 on RootzWiki and see if he made any progress with the blinking.

I really wish that it could be solved. I love this ROM, just looks crystal clear on the SGS3. It's fast and as soon as the LED kink gets worked out, battery life is going to be EXCELLENT.
Also, I've noticed some things with SMS. Every 1 out of 6 messages will fail for me. Then any message over 160 characters auto fails. Only way I have found around it is to push "resend" continuously until it sends. Anybody else seen this?
Again fantastic work, I want this one to work out... it's too smooth to not...

NickStew

Feb 19, 2012
Use lightflow app for the LED flickering. Makes sure to enable GS3 root option.

Sent from my SGH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

TXI Kaze

Dec 2, 2009
Use lightflow app for the LED flickering. Makes sure to enable GS3 root option.

Sent from my SGH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Plugging your phone into any source (car, wall outlet, computer, etc.) will stop the blinking, too.

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

I really wish that it could be solved. I love this ROM, just looks crystal clear on the SGS3. It's fast and as soon as the LED kink gets worked out, battery life is going to be EXCELLENT.
Also, I've noticed some things with SMS. Every 1 out of 6 messages will fail for me. Then any message over 160 characters auto fails. Only way I have found around it is to push "resend" continuously until it sends. Anybody else seen this?
Again fantastic work, I want this one to work out... it's too smooth to not...

Use lightflow or just plug your phone up in order to stop the blinking light. The only SMS issue I've had is if I'm trying to send more than a one-page text. It simply just won't send.

Bleelas

Oct 10, 2010
Just wanted to give an update. I think I have the LED issue fixed. I spent quite a while looking into the data issue and trying various solutions. Basically, if the phone switches from LTE/CDMA/EvDo for any reason, it can't find it's way back and gets stuck in CDMA only. It's a problem that's plagued a number of ROMS it seems. You can avoid this by never entering mobile network settings (even through *#*#4636#*#*).

Anyway, I hope to get the next release out this weekend as tomorrow is going to be busy for my life outside XDA :)

prenedo

Mar 22, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
Last edited:

Durthquake

Jun 9, 2010

voredroid

Sep 2, 2010
Tempe, Az
OK so this rom should definitely get more attention.. it is amazing.. the only downsides are the obvious ones stated in op... and from what I've noticed is a random lockup so far three times today in five hrs the screen goes black and won't come back on until I pull the battery and reboot it.. also a minor thing.. nothing reads from the ext SD so if you want your pics movies etc you gotta copy them over...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium App

prztruspaz

Feb 14, 2011
Bronx
what's going on with this rom I love miui and would love this but its not going anywhere

Rockwell22

Mar 24, 2011
yup never thought it would go anywhere thats why im on beans MIUI ;) (No Disrespect to DEV Great Work)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MIUI Android with JellyBean

RIL/PHONE fixed!! This is something that's been a thorn in the side of these ROMS for a while. Sorry for the delay, but I didn't want to keep releasing small fixes until I dealt with this major issue. If you don't know what I'm talking about, count your blessings. If you DO, the fix allows you to switch from 4g to 3g and back, the phone will now pick the network correctly, you can enter Mobile Network Settings without losing data, you can edit things in Mobile Network Settings effectively. Phone info is fixed as well so you can also dial *#*#4636#*#* to edit your preferred network as well.

Welcome to unofficial MIUI Android port for Verizon's SGS3.
    - CM10 20120914 base
    - MIUI Android 2.9.14 port
    - CM10 stock kernel: available here

DISCLAIMER: By altering your phone as described in this thread, you have the potential to brick your device, void your warrenty, and other undesirable things. I, nor anyone else, am not responsible for what with your phone. Back everything up, including comprehensive IMEI/NV backup...it's already saved me :)

If you're completely new to rooting and installing ROMS, check out this thread.

How to install:

1. Make sure you are rooted and your bootloader is unlocked
    2. Backup everything you possible can
    3. Reboot into recovery, make a nandroid, and wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik
    4. Flash ROM
    5. Reboot and enjoy

What works:

- Phone
    - Data/4g/Wifi
    - SMS/MMS (works for me even after reboot)
    - Themes
    - Play Store
    - Camera/Camcorder (just re-fixed)
    - Google Now/Search
    - and more!

What's broken:

- Notification sounds (e.g ringtone, notification sounds, camera sounds, etc) don't play unless you manually change volume. Adjust the volume with the rocker until you hear a beep.
    Then you should be good.
    - NFC (fix is in the works)
    - Facebook (MIUI-wide issue)
    - Torch causes soft-reboot
    - also probably more...

Changes:

- Alpha4:
    - Fixed the RIL/telephony/phone incompatibility stuff
    - removed the Xiaomi welcome/login

- Alpha3:
    - rebased to CM10 09142012 and updated to MIUI Android 2.9.14
    - SD card fixed so internal and external are both available at the same time
    - LED notification fix
    - added 4-way reboot
    - fixed an NFC related FC, though NFC is still...not ideal :)
    - enabled soft-key backlights
    - I THINK I eliminated Gapps FCs
    - overall data is much more stable (though see the above note!)

- Alpha2:
    - fixed camera (works after multiple reboots for me now)
    - fixed Google Search/Now so there's no need to flash Gapps anymore

- Alpha1:
    - Initial port
    - Screen flicker fixed
    - HW keyboard fixed

- As above
    - Cyanogenmod team
    - Lens_flare and all the other MIUI devs
    - MIUI Android
    - chairface, R4INS, lithium76, sasovics

IF YOU WANT TO HELP WITH THIS ROM, DON'T HESITATE TO DO SO

Download:

Alpha4: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ogxwygvvjo2pvke/BleeMIUI-2914-102112-alpha4-signed.zip
    MD5: 86c1fd43dce4411fb635b8ce2281f7a5

Alpha3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1p4lkrh6ze28uv2/BleeMIUI-2914-091712-alpha3-signed.zip
    MD5: ea6381bc50fd4b560d5af7938a7827a4

Alpha2: http://minus.com/lf13gWulEKNSG
    MD5: 965767fa2e0dedb6300f9ebb9fa7d24b

Alpha1: http://minus.com/lbwqZ4XLxcaIPb
    MD5: 5dcc7b3f00fd6366980402f6deffa10d
    Fixed the Mobile Network Settings, preferred network, RIL, telephony, phone info nonsense. Didn't really make other big changes, but now that the data issue is (hopefully) resolved, I'll do the smaller easier stuff. Thanks for being patient!
    Camera works as does volume.

In other news, I'm going to team up with some other people so I'm going to let this thread die out. I think StrumerJohn is probably going to incorporate these changes or switch to this base. He's done a TON already so hopefully we'll get a nice dd going soon! Details TBD but keep an eye on his thread from now on. Thanks everyone for the support!
    Excellent job!!!!

Fixed the Mobile Network Settings, preferred network, RIL, telephony, phone info nonsense. Didn't really make other big changes, but now that the data issue is (hopefully) resolved, I'll do the smaller easier stuff. Thanks for being patient!

Job well done my dude! If you wanna cram on this together I'm done! I'd like to see this get updated weekly and on 4.1.2.. I've been doing ViciousMIUI for awhile, and I'm not saying I'm looking to roll you on this. I'm saying sincerely I am all about MIUI regardless of what teem it is, I just need it and need it working right on my phones.. So again BRAVO!!! and if you want some help hit me up! Thanks for some great work kid..
    OP updated with new version. Fixed camera and search. No need to Gapps now. Thanks again everyone and I'll keep going on the remaining issues.