[Q] Need help updating to Sense 6 with TWRP

Search This thread

Krainz

Jul 8, 2014
Hi, I used TWRP and the official tools to root my HTC One M7. I just received today an official download of the Sense 6 update and it asked me if I wanted to update. I clicked "Yes".

Now the phone rebooted and went back to the TWRP screen, and I don't know what to do to update my M7 to the Sense 6 platform. What should I do?

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
Hi, I used TWRP and the official tools to root my HTC One M7. I just received today an official download of the Sense 6 update and it asked me if I wanted to update. I clicked "Yes".

Now the phone rebooted and went back to the TWRP screen, and I don't know what to do to update my M7 to the Sense 6 platform. What should I do?

To run the update you need the stock recovery for your version of the ROM. Install the stock recovery like you installed TWRP. Depending on your version, there may be some preloaded apps that are missing due to rooting. Prior to flashing the stock recovery, make a nandroid backup and save it to your computer. If you want to start the OTA process over again, you must delete the OTA (Update) file from your download folder.

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen

Krainz

Jul 8, 2014
To run the update you need the stock recovery for your version of the ROM. Install the stock recovery like you installed TWRP. Depending on your version, there may be some preloaded apps that are missing due to rooting. Prior to flashing the stock recovery, make a nandroid backup and save it to your computer. If you want to start the OTA process over again, you must delete the OTA (Update) file from your download folder.

What is a stock recovery?

This backup you call is just copying all the files to my computer and pasting them over after updating?

What is OTA?

Does this mean that if I update to Sense 6 I'm not going to be able to use AppOps anymore (the sole reason I've rooted my phone)?

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
What is a stock recovery?

This backup you call is just copying all the files to my computer and pasting them over after updating?

What is OTA?

Does this mean that if I update to Sense 6 I'm not going to be able to use AppOps anymore (the sole reason I've rooted my phone)?

• Stock Recovery = The recovery that comes with your ROM version.
  • Nandroid Backup = While in the custom recovery (TWRP) you can backup your phone's data, rom, cache, firmware, etc by selecting the backup tile. This is called a nandroid backup. You can restore it by selecting the restore tile. A nandroid backup is more complete than just copying the files from your phone. You should do both.
  • OTA = It is the Over The Air update to your phone.
  • If AppOps runs on Sense 6 then you should not have a problem. I don't have the app so I can not tell you one way or the other.