FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] how to update/uninstall pre-installed apps?

213 posts
Thanks Meter: 25

By sakis_the_fraud, Senior Member on 21st June 2011, 05:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello!!!

i am another happy owner of the Ideos X5! New to android but i read a lot, before every step.

Here is one problem that i can't find a solution.

My device has preinstalled the app "Documents to go" v 2.5004 (748). I got the "documents to go" v 3.001 but i can't install it. :S

I used Root Uninstaller to uninstall the app, it said that the app is uninstalled, but i still can't install the newer version.

I got a message that says that the app is not installed.

what should i do? :S

21st June 2011, 07:31 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
with root explorer go into system/app folder and see if there is any trash of this app left... also check into data/data folder...
21st June 2011, 08:19 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Thesalllllllllllllllllllloniki

More
in the first directory there aren't any leftovers and the second is empty.

any other suggestions?
26th June 2011, 05:37 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
maybe you can use a new room?
26th June 2011, 10:21 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjabdda

maybe you can use a new room?

that's the most difficult solution, for a simple problem.

finally i switched to OfficeSuite v4.0.351.
27th June 2011, 02:38 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
the portuguese model have the stock apps in the folowing path:

cust/tmn/pt

The "TMN" is the company name, soo you maybe have some like this.

You can go in this path and delete the apps with Root Explorer, Mount R/W and long press on the app and select Delete.

Sorry about my english
27th June 2011, 06:09 PM |#7  
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 7

More
As syckopt says, you can delete the .apk files via Root Explorer, but the directories may vary depending on which carrier you have (and which country).

For example, my directory is: /cust/Dialect/SE/app
28th June 2011, 01:43 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
@ syckopt , sebgus

The Greek model has most of the stock applications at this directory: system/app/
while at the /cust/wind/gr/app/ there are only three (GreekPack.apk , Layar.apk and TouchPal.apk)

there are some applications, they say that they can "freeze" some stock apps. what exactly is freezing?

please check out and my other active thread: [Q] how to migrate to a new SD card?

thank you all for your help!
28th June 2011, 10:38 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakis_the_fraud

@ syckopt , sebgus

The Greek model has most of the stock applications at this directory: system/app/
while at the /cust/wind/gr/app/ there are only three (GreekPack.apk , Layar.apk and TouchPal.apk)

there are some applications, they say that they can "freeze" some stock apps. what exactly is freezing?

please check out and my other active thread: [Q] how to migrate to a new SD card?

thank you all for your help!

Freezing is basically the same as renaming the app or removing it. Its just allows to to unfreeze it (or rename it back to original name again), which is a lot easier than using something like root explorer.
30th June 2011, 01:11 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryronz

Freezing is basically the same as renaming the app or removing it. Its just allows to to unfreeze it (or rename it back to original name again), which is a lot easier than using something like root explorer.

oh, i see!

which is the best app to do this?
26th November 2015, 02:48 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Hello,

I've got the same problem. As it is not possible to update the pre-installed Documents to Go via Google Play (I always get error -104) I uninstalled that app using Titanium Backup. But unfortunately, it is still not possible to install ANY version of Documents to Go. If I try to sideload the APK file, I only get "App was not installed". Google Play gives me various errors, mostly -4 or -104, refusing to install the app, either.
In System/apps, there is no remnants of Documents to Go as far as I can see, a directory named cust does not exist.
Please help.

Thank you very much in advance and kind regards,
DAC324
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)