FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

View Poll Results: Will the European Desire Z & HD Models be root locked?

Yes, I think so

43 Vote(s)
75.44%
I don't think so

14 Vote(s)
24.56%

Do you Think HTC will place the same Hardware root block on the DHD as they did on G2

35 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By RollingStar, Member on 6th October 2010, 06:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th October 2010, 09:52 PM |#11  
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 350

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesolo

Have you been inside a cave this last few days?!? If it's all about the market, google is going to open up to almost 30 new countries....
http://android-developers.blogspot.c...re-buyers.html

Still, not all countries are on that list (like mine for example).

So having access to paid apps is still a pretty good reason to have root.

8th October 2010, 08:19 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
So, i need a help from you guys with this. I never had Android and have one question.

Ok, i understood that if i want coocked ROM i need to root it, BUT if I want instal crack games and programs and all availible apps from the net, do I still need this root?
Without root i can instal only free games and buy the one with price and thats all??
Thanks
8th October 2010, 10:51 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Hang on, are you asking for advice on pirating? O_O
OMG!
8th October 2010, 11:06 AM |#14  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartmob

So, i need a help from you guys with this. I never had Android and have one question.

Ok, i understood that if i want coocked ROM i need to root it, BUT if I want instal crack games and programs and all availible apps from the net, do I still need this root?
Without root i can instal only free games and buy the one with price and thats all??
Thanks

This is wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wywywywy

Hang on, are you asking for advice on pirating? O_O
OMG!

Bingo!
8th October 2010, 11:23 AM |#15  

More
xD ok ok, no pirating...just the part with root
8th October 2010, 11:25 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesolo

Have you been inside a cave this last few days?!? If it's all about the market, google is going to open up to almost 30 new countries....
http://android-developers.blogspot.c...re-buyers.html

Oh, but you tell me, that the X app or the Y app still is not going to be on my country's market...
But that's not google fault, now it up with the software devs to select what country market they want to be

...And this is where MarketEnabler is great. I buy stuff from all over the place. Some I can maybe live without, but some I would hate to miss out on.

And I still need Root for Titanium Backup.
9th October 2010, 12:33 PM |#17  
Flag Saint-Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingStar

Well, according to these very forums, the US T-mobile G2 has a hardware root block - a chip which flashes the phone back to the original ROM every time it detects a custom one

Do you think HTC will place this same hardware root block on the UK Desire Z and more importantly, our precious Desire HD? Personally, I'd like to believe that HTC did this under pressure from T-Mobile US, but I don't know...

Can somebody explain.. Is this feature "HW root block" will be affect every DHD or only SIM-locked (operator's) phones?

I'm using Galaxy S and it is not difficult to guess that I have pre-ordered DHD on Clove. My Galaxy's using experience tell me to be bad without having root access. So I have been a bit confused when saw this topic.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
9th October 2010, 03:56 PM |#18  
Senior Recognized Developer & Original Autobot
Thanks Meter: 565

More
The DHD will have the same R/W (root) protection in place as the G2 (vision). I know this as its based on the same chipset and will contain the same eMMC.

HTC always do this on every "generation" of phone i.e desire/evo/ect. Generation had the same NAND lockout as eachother.

So every single shipping DHD will have the G2 style protection

Can a mod pls close this topic its pointless and missleading :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
10th October 2010, 11:15 AM |#19  
Flag Toscana
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Thumbs down
Apache you gave me a reason to wait details about this are 100% defined and I add..unlocked..before buying. Can't live with a locked Htc with no custom roms.
One question, can you point me where I can follow the development of this?
10th October 2010, 12:43 PM |#20  
OP Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache14

Can a mod pls close this topic its pointless and missleading :)

How so? I'm asking a valid question, T-Mobile US may have pushed HTC into doing this, just like they did to remove Wifi tethering to the G2's supposedly 'Vanilla' version of Android... Do you work for HTC? All we can do is predict trends, nobody knows for sure if the DHD will share the US G2's exact chipset.
10th October 2010, 12:45 PM |#21  
Flag Nicosia
Thanks Meter: 311

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingStar

How so? I'm asking a valid question, T-Mobile US may have pushed HTC into doing this, just like they did to remove Wifi tethering to the G2's supposedly 'Vanilla' version of Android... Do you work for HTC? All we can do is predict trends, nobody knows for sure if the DHD will share this chipset with the US G2.

my thoughts exactly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)