HTC Droid DNA Bootloader Unlock/New Method UPDATED 2/7/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tfrank10

Aug 9, 2011
Canton, OH
Re: HTC Droid DNA Bootloader Unlock/New Method 1/20/2013

Yep, I'm getting the 173 error too. Have to assume it's just the website acting up. Or that's what I'm hoping anyways.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Memnoch73

Mar 4, 2011
This is a HTCDev issue. Someone on another thread posted they had the same issue trying to unlock their buddies HTC One X+, contacted HTC and they responded that it should be resolved in a day or so.

Reactions: tfrank10

eighty1

Apr 8, 2009
Atlanta

And my question for you is "does the butterfly X920D need an exploit to use HTCDEV?"

Wasn't sure if it's ok to run the apk from my phone and if all development for bootloaders are cross compatible.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk 2

bsSkunkApe

Jan 15, 2009

Wasn't sure if it's ok to run the apk from my phone and if all development for bootloaders are cross compatible.

I think he's saying that you should go ahead and try to unlock via the htcdev site if you haven't already, because you may not need to run an exploit since your phone is an international version.

If you can't unlock your phone via htcdev, I don't have the expertise to tell you wether or not its a good idea to try this exploit on your phone since it is meant for Verizon DNAs.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

beaups

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2007
Dublin, OH
I think he's saying that you should go ahead and try to unlock via the htcdev site if you haven't already, because you may not need to run an exploit since your phone is an international version.

If you can't unlock your phone via htcdev, I don't have the expertise to tell you wether or not its a good idea to try this exploit on your phone since it is meant for Verizon DNAs.

Right. Once HTCDEV is actually working again, just try to unlock by selecting "all other supported models".

If you do get the "MID Not Allowed" error, then yes, you will need an exploit. And, no, this exploit will (probably) not work for you.

But there would be no harm in trying, as this exploit does not flash a bootloader. Worst thing it should do is not work and/or reboot your phone with your current CID intact.

eighty1

Apr 8, 2009
Atlanta

Right. Once HTCDEV is actually working again, just try to unlock by selecting "all other supported models".

If you do get the "MID Not Allowed" error, then yes, you will need an exploit. And, no, this exploit will (probably) not work for you.

But there would be no harm in trying, as this exploit does not flash a bootloader. Worst thing it should do is not work and/or reboot your phone with your current CID intact.

Thanks.

obededom

Aug 20, 2009
Ohio

Attachments

• qm.gif
    qm.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 1,623
Last edited:
Reactions: tfrank10

sp3c_0ps_o7

Mar 10, 2012

Htcdev site is still fed up

Sent from a phone I'm about to take back to Verizon for an s3

sp3c_0ps_o7

Mar 10, 2012

Good news finally got it to take however been waiting 30min for my email with the token in it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

ajd88

May 12, 2010
west yarmouth
I keep getting invalid token length errors. Could this be do to the site being screwed up? I have to reload about 5 times to get through. I made sure there were no space and everything is entered properly.

Edit: Finally got to the screen where it tell me they sent an email. Problem now is it's been 10 minutes with no email, not in spam folder either

Edit2: Oops didn't see post above mine. Will be patiently waiting for email.

Edit3: Almost 2 hours without an email. Damn.

Last edited:

tokomoto

Jan 4, 2007
Newport Beach
yeah I keep getting errors when trying to unlock because their site is so F'd up right now. Super frustrating.

I keep getting invalid token length errors. Could this be do to the site being screwed up? I have to reload about 5 times to get through. I made sure there were no space and everything is entered properly.

Edit: Finally got to the screen where it tell me they sent an email. Problem now is it's been 10 minutes with no email, not in spam folder either

Edit2: Oops didn't see post above mine. Will be patiently waiting for email.

Edit3: Almost 2 hours without an email. Damn.

It's been nearly 24 hours for me and no email still...

sp3c_0ps_o7

Mar 10, 2012

Guys the site is down and will be down for maintenance.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
oh damn. im just now seeing this! i used jcases method about 6 times, for myself, and a few members who needed help. this process look easy as 123, lol. thanks a bunch for this man!!! good work!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE 2/7 - HTC HAS BLOCKED OUR CURRENT SUPERCID, SO I UPDATED TO A NEW ONE. GET IT AND USE IT WHILE IT STILL WORKS!

THIS ONLY WORKS ON PRE-OTA (E.G. 1.XXXX) VERSION PHONES. IF YOU HAVE ACCEPTED THE OTA OR HAVE A DEVICE WITH VERSION 2.XXX FIRMWARE, THIS METHOD WILL NOT WORK FOR YOU.

edit 2/13 - added source zip

Here you will find a new method to get "SuperCID" to allow bootloader unlock for the HTC Droid DNA. This method WILL prove easier than the original method and SHOULD prove safer.

Usual disclaimer - "I am not responsible if you brick or otherwise destroy your device (insert additional non-funny/non-witty comment here)."

Before we get started, PLEASE take a moment to review the credits:

1.) giantpune @ freenode. Here is a guy I've never met and yet he spent several hours crashing my kernel and coding/recoding, etc. to find exploit addresses. He doesn't own a DNA, has no personal interest in this project, yet spent ~10 hours on this. Then, he writes proper code for the cid patching routine without me even asking. This method would not be possible without him. PLEASE donate to him (paypal) - giantpune@gmail.com

2.) jcase @ andirc. Without his dedication and the original exploit, we could not have executed this new method. We needed a rooted device to get the addresses! PLEASE donate to him (paypal) - http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=2376614

3.) htcjbutterfly @ andirc - aka SharpISO3 @ xda - thank you for the countless hours of letting me teamviewer in and screw around with your phone.

4.) Everyone else at team andirc. Cool group of people there.

5.) Goroh Kun (?).......The 2 exploits used are courtesy of his (?) code, and he (?) was gracious enough to post source. The attached APK is really about ~75% their code. But, since they were non-responsive in requests for porting help, they get the #5 spot here.
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8LDObFOpzZqQzducmxjRExXNnM/edit?pli=1

So let's get started.

What you need:

1.) a Droid DNA
    2.) this attached APK

Instructions:

1.) Download apk (attached, cid-2.apk)
    2.) run it (in your app drawer titled HTC DNA SuperCID
    3.) reboot to bootloader and confirm you have SuperCID:
    a.) fastboot oem readcid

If you see 22222222, you are good. Proceed to htcdev to complete the process.

If you see something else (e.g. VZW__001) then reboot normally and try the process again.

Good luck.

If you need support, or care to say thanks, etc. please join us on IRC

andirc.net
    #Droid-DNA

p.s. I'll post source soon. If you choose to reverse this apk, you'll probably notice I write REALLY bad code. I'm well aware of it and couldn't care less, so please don't bother me with code improvement suggestions.
    I almost wonder if it's easier to figure out a way to downgrade rather than trying to exploit the update. But this is also my first HTC and I that may seem like a noob statement too u all, so I apologize if I come off like a dope. It is impossible to downgrade or what? And why?

Sent from my unlockable HTC Droid DNA

I suppose I'll share.

The downgrade problem is different than it used to be. The rom.zips are now encrypted before they are signed. HTC decided to change the decryption key in the ota hboot so ota devices are unable to decrypt the rom.zip we've pulled from the pre ota RUU.

I'm really not sure what a viable solution might be at this point. That doesn't mean that some other devs don't have a valid idea or two.

We have SEVERAL working root exploits for ota devices currently. However with wp on system partition and now on the cid partition it's somewhat useless.

This is where we stand.

The inmates are becoming too restless. Thread closed.
    How r u so sure?

Because I wrote it?
    This is ironic that everybody comes with NEW methods to do job to the OLDER devices ! can't really find any help for the new devices like Samsung Galaxy Music Duos GT-S6012. come on guys do something to end our despeartion specially when there is no separate forum the said NEW devices !

Wait, you are going to come here complaining about someone working on something other than what you have.

You make a fool of yourself, the GT=S6012 is a FACTORY UNLOCKED DEVICE from the looks of it. It doesn't needed to "hacked"