Post Reply Email Thread
4th November 2008, 08:10 PM |#21  
Flag San José
Thanks Meter: 41

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueg

Hot damn, all of the OEM packages are separated into folders (similar to the Touch HD). A cooks dream! =)

See list.txt for list of packages

Wow, cant wait to flash....and cook

4th November 2008, 08:11 PM |#22  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 12,874

Donate to Me
More
I found it in my external HDD hehe as i said enjoy cooking
4th November 2008, 08:11 PM |#23  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 5,368

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy001

will this rom work on CID unlocked eflin?
thnx in advance

Just flash the version that I put up.. I took out SPL/IPL so it won't overwrite your CID unlock.
4th November 2008, 08:24 PM |#24  
Flag San José
Thanks Meter: 41

Donate to Me
More
Hey Dsixda, if I do not like this shipped, i'll keep your Onyx, the best one!!

Keep on working man, you have plenty of fans!

I know there will be an update soon

PD.
Sorry for the misplacement of this post jejeje
4th November 2008, 08:33 PM |#25  
Flag Ottawa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbus

Hey Dsixda, if I do not like this shipped, i'll keep your Onyx, the best one!!

Keep on working man, you have plenty of fans!

I know there will be an update soon

PD.
Sorry for the misplacement of this post jejeje

Yes, thank you... I already found a few things in this ROM that can be improved on, or can improve my own ROM.

Argh.. i wish I had more time to spare.
4th November 2008, 08:35 PM |#26  
Flag Ottawa

More
Anyone use the Opera browser on this? How fast is it? how does it compare to IE?

I dont have a data connection or wi-fi at the moment...
4th November 2008, 08:40 PM |#27  
Flag Victoria, BC
Thanks Meter: 44

More
While waiting for my unit to finish flashing I checked out the OEM packages in more detail. Looks like we should have a functional USBtoPC driver and once again HTC included JBlend instead of JBed.

Also there is Field_T_e_s_t and GSMT_e_s_tMode. I wonder what they do?

update: Looks like I might need to cook up my own ROM using the OEM folder to test. It craps out when flashing from my SD card.
4th November 2008, 08:56 PM |#28  
Flag Ottawa

More
Looks slick so far..

It has a new keyboard selector (is this an OEM?), although you still need to use your finger properly to bring it up. The keyboards are as expected -- Opal keyboards, microsoft keyboard, transcriber, etc..

Stupid Customer Experience Feedback crap pops up, so does network wizard - although it can be disabled. Some more quirks I do not like either.

Audio Booster is there! Haven't tried it yet, but we didn't have a working one for Elf before due to driver issues.

Anyone see if the PIN Code can now be entered without interruption by M2D loading?

Another thing is that it's incorrectly seeing my network as Rogers Wireless instead of Fido. Tried changing some RIL and ONSDisplay keys but still same problem.

Probably needs an updated network wizard database?

PIE is gone and replaced by Opera.

No sliding animation in M2D.
4th November 2008, 09:07 PM |#29  
Flag Victoria, BC
Thanks Meter: 44

More
I'm not surprised about the sliding animation in M2D. It was removed in Opal as well. I guess they thought it wasn't worth having since it starts to slow down and look bad once the unit is under load.

I can't believe they removed IE, that's really surprising.

So far I can't flash it by SD and I get an error in Hybrid Kitchen when I try to build it. I guess I will have to boot into Windows and flash it the old fashioned way. =)
4th November 2008, 09:11 PM |#30  
Flag Ottawa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueg

I'm not surprised about the sliding animation in M2D. It was removed in Opal as well. I guess they thought it wasn't worth having since it starts to slow down and look bad once the unit is under load.

I can't believe they removed IE, that's really surprising.

So far I can't flash it by SD and I get an error in Hybrid Kitchen when I try to build it. I guess I will have to boot into Windows and flash it the old fashioned way. =)

I'm using it now.. And I prefer IE.. the opera is a memory hog and takes a while to load.

Actually Shafez's ROM had almost everything in here except for working Audio Boost driver and USB Popup. I don't like Voice Commander.. the Voice Speed Dial is way better and easier to use.

But thank you Football for giving this ROM. Now we can improve our own cooked ROMs with this LOLLLL
4th November 2008, 09:19 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 1,464

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsixda

I'm using it now.. And I prefer IE.. the opera is a memory hog and takes a while to load.

Actually Shafez's ROM had almost everything in here except for working Audio Boost driver and USB Popup. I don't like Voice Commander.. the Voice Speed Dial is way better and easier to use.

But thank you Football for giving this ROM. Now we can improve our own cooked ROMs with this LOLLLL

Can PIE be installed as a seperate package? Indeed very cool! Thank you for this one Football.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)