FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

CANT flash custon rom on DROID 3 at all!!

149 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By greek_lover_69, Senior Member on 17th June 2012, 03:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th June 2012, 03:40 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovelayer

if you are on .890 then you need to use the .890 sbf
if you are on .906 then you need to use the .906 to .890 sbf

but to me sounds like you were on .906 and used the .890 sbf...just a guess from the info though

well yes.. i was on the 906 and i used the 890.. so right now i am on the 890!!!

18th June 2012, 03:46 AM |#22  
Flag spokane
Thanks Meter: 365

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greek_lover_69

well yes.. i was on the 906 and i used the 890.. so right now i am on the 890!!!

yup..and that is why you have all your problems...
download my 1click sbf and use it...
then reinstall the .906 ota
then reroot
then install safestrap
and you will be good to go

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

p.s.
dont forget to root .906 use motofail
The Following User Says Thank You to ovelayer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ovelayer Ad-Free
18th June 2012, 03:59 AM |#23  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

yup..and that is why you have all your problems...
download my 1click sbf and use it...
then reinstall the .906 ota
then reroot
then install safestrap
and you will be good to go

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

p.s.
dont forget to root .906 use motofail

ok i get that... but do i have to reinstall the ,906? cant i just stay on the ,890?
18th June 2012, 04:03 AM |#24  
Flag spokane

More
Quote:

ok i get that... but do i have to reinstall the ,906? cant i just stay on the ,890?

no you do not need to reinstall the .906 you can stay on the modded .890 and be just fine
The Following User Says Thank You to ovelayer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ovelayer Ad-Free
18th June 2012, 04:08 AM |#25  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

no you do not need to reinstall the .906 you can stay on the modded .890 and be just fine

ok i^m working on it! i will let u know tommorow if i could finally flash any custom rom!!

thanks a lot!
now lets watch some Bball! lets GO OKC!
18th June 2012, 04:11 AM |#26  
Flag spokane

More
Quote:

ok i^m working on it! i will let u know tommorow if i could finally flash any custom rom!!

thanks a lot!
now lets watch some Bball! lets GO OKC!

your asking a celtics fan to root for okc..lol..
i guess its better then the other guys lol
18th June 2012, 04:17 AM |#27  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

your asking a celtics fan to root for okc..lol..
i guess its better then the other guys lol

haha... u have to miami beat u in the conf finals! by the way i^m a bulls fan... i just hate the heat n lebron^^!

well the one click finished.. i started over with the whole procedure but still black screen!!

the only thing i can try no is flashing the ,906 sbf!!!
so i^m gonna try that!! and than follow the rest of the steps!
19th June 2012, 01:01 AM |#28  
OP Senior Member

More
Finally it worked!!! ) i^m so happy.. haha..

so here is what i did, so if anyone has the same problem! First of all ovelayers
one click form ,906 to ,890 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1686911

than flashing with rsd lite the ,906 sbf! the phone stays on the ,890 version for some reason but after that the flashing procedure just works fine!!!

By the way i flashed CM9 and ok it looks good... but nothing seems to work really... i cant even make a phone call.. the call app brakes down!
The Following User Says Thank You to greek_lover_69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift greek_lover_69 Ad-Free
19th June 2012, 01:08 AM |#29  
Flag spokane

More
Quote:

Finally it worked!!! ) i^m so happy.. haha..

so here is what i did, so if anyone has the same problem! First of all ovelayers
one click form ,906 to ,890 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1686911

than flashing with rsd lite the ,906 sbf! the phone stays on the ,890 version for some reason but after that the flashing procedure just works fine!!!

By the way i flashed CM9 and ok it looks good... but nothing seems to work really... i cant even make a phone call.. the call app brakes down!

yes my sbf takes you back to .890 lol..well a modified .890 if you want to be on .906 again just reinstall the .906 ota
and also cm9 and aokp are loaded with problems!
19th June 2012, 01:16 AM |#30  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

yes my sbf takes you back to .890 lol..well a modified .890 if you want to be on .906 again just reinstall the .906 ota
and also cm9 and aokp are loaded with problems!

just out of curiosity... the ,906 on ur thread what is it for? is it the ,906 ota u mentioned?

and another question. cause i dont know much about droid roms - working all these years with HTC... which rom do u suggest! i need one the is a little modded - pretty^^

- i^m on GSM.. no cdma here^^
19th June 2012, 01:22 AM |#31  
Flag spokane

More
Quote:

just out of curiosity... the ,906 on ur thread what is it for? is it the ,906 ota u mentioned?

and another question. cause i dont know much about droid roms - working all these years with HTC... which rom do u suggest! i need one the is a little modded - pretty^^

no both files on my thread are sbf's just 2 ways to do it..1click (prefered) and rsdlite for those who still like to use rsdlite..
the .906 ota is an update to the android softwear you are running on your phone..
there are a few good roms to choose from..i would stay away from the ics roms as most of them are buggy and alot of functions do not work..
my choices would be
1. eclipse 3.0 (which i run)
2.mavrick 4.0
3.liberty 2.0
4.steel droid
have fun!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)