S4 USB PC connection problems

Search This thread

itesla

Mar 16, 2006
This is crazy... why is the S4 so difficult to connect to PC via USB?

I've done some searching on this and people blame cables, media transport, etc...

-My S4 can connect to my work Win7 PC reliably so far (HP Desktop)
-My S4 can NOT connect to our home Win7 PC (Toshiba Laptop). Nothing shows in DeviceManager or FileManager. Rebboted PC and S4.
-Wife's S4 connected to our home Win7 PC one time, copied some files to it.
-Wife's S4 can NOT connect to our home Win7 PC any more (with same cable but since have tried two cables one being the original Samsung)

Has anyone found a reliable fix for this? My phone's flash is filling up with pictures/videos.

hednik

May 31, 2012
Fort Worth
This is crazy... why is the S4 so difficult to connect to PC via USB?

I've done some searching on this and people blame cables, media transport, etc...

-My S4 can connect to my work Win7 PC reliably so far (HP Desktop)
-My S4 can NOT connect to our home Win7 PC (Toshiba Laptop). Nothing shows in DeviceManager or FileManager. Rebboted PC and S4.
-Wife's S4 connected to our home Win7 PC one time, copied some files to it.
-Wife's S4 can NOT connect to our home Win7 PC any more (with same cable but since have tried two cables one being the original Samsung)

Has anyone found a reliable fix for this? My phone's flash is filling up with pictures/videos.

Are you using the stock cable to connect it ? I've never had any issue with it being recognized even with just the stock usb device driver. You might need to reinstall drivers and use the stock cord