MHL question of HTC One (M8)

Search This thread

mp119519

Mar 6, 2014
I just wondering if the MHL adapters of Samsung can be applied to HTC one M8. Dose HTC M8 Support MHL functionality like Samsung Smart Phone? Anyone know about that? Any answer will be appreciated.

ahecht

Oct 23, 2010
I just wondering if the MHL adapters of Samsung can be applied to HTC one M8. Dose HTC M8 Support MHL functionality like Samsung Smart Phone? Anyone know about that? Any answer will be appreciated.

The M8 does support MHL, but Samsung uses their own proprietary nonstandard 11-pin version of MHL that is not compatible with standard 5-pin MHL devices from other manufacturers such as HTC and LG. There are, however, many MHL adapters that work on the M7 and would presumably work on the M8. This is the one I use: http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=108&cp_id=10833&cs_id=1083314&p_id=8675&format=2

Badelhas

Aug 12, 2012
Braga
I ´m with an unlocked M8 which is with the 2.23.118.3 firmware version, which is from T-Mobile Poland. I tried 2 generic MHL adapters and with the HTC Official AC M490 MHL Adapter but it just dosent work. When I connect everything up (no matter the line-up) the phone says it´s in MHL mode and that I can now see a video on the TV but the TV dosent receive any signal. I tried with different HDMI cables and on 2 different TV´s and 1 Projector but still nothing.
Can it be from the firmware version or something? On my old galaxy S3 and S4 it worked flawlessly, including simple mirroring. Can someone using this firmware please confirm that MHL is working?
Thanks in advance
Cheers

EMJI79

I ´m with an unlocked M8 which is with the 2.23.118.3 firmware version, which is from T-Mobile Poland. I tried 2 generic MHL adapters and with the HTC Official AC M490 MHL Adapter but it just dosent work. When I connect everything up (no matter the line-up) the phone says it´s in MHL mode and that I can now see a video on the TV but the TV dosent receive any signal. I tried with different HDMI cables and on 2 different TV´s and 1 Projector but still nothing.
Can it be from the firmware version or something? On my old galaxy S3 and S4 it worked flawlessly, including simple mirroring. Can someone using this firmware please confirm that MHL is working?
Thanks in advance
Cheers

Same question for my Nexus 5

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

benzino22

Aug 6, 2014
I am using the 2.23.661.2 from canada and I tried 3 different MHL adapters, only 1 work flawlessly and it s the rocketfish rf-g1171, the other 2 would charge the phone or tell me MHL is connected but no video, the rocketfish worked on the first try

Badelhas

Aug 12, 2012
Braga
I am using the 2.23.661.2 from canada and I tried 3 different MHL adapters, only 1 work flawlessly and it s the rocketfish rf-g1171, the other 2 would charge the phone or tell me MHL is connected but no video, the rocketfish worked on the first try
Thanks. But I think I can't get it to Europe. And shouldn't the HTC original one work flawlessly also? I don't understand... Do you think a hard reset would help?

benzino22

Aug 6, 2014
Thanks. But I think I can't get it to Europe. And shouldn't the HTC original one work flawlessly also? I don't understand... Do you think a hard reset would help?

Well I do know that there are some sellers on Ebay willing to ship it to portugal if you want, shipping is 12 euros + 5 euro for the device...i they dont want to msg me and I ll fix u something...
I dont think a hard reset will help tho just my uneducated 02...

Badelhas

Aug 12, 2012
Braga
@benzino22

It doesn't work also :( :( :(
Can you please explain me, step by step, what happens when you connect your rocketfish adapter?
Thank you

Last edited:

NetKubus

Feb 9, 2017
Thanks a lot! A just ordered one. I really hope it works, it's the last money a spend on this subject (already spent 25 euros on 3 different adapters).

Cheers :)

Hi,
Badelhas did you solve the problem of connecting HTC ONE M8 via MHL cable?
I have the same problem. I bought mhl Delock cable supporting 4K: delock.de/produkte/G_83650/merkmale.html but it does not work :(
Thanks in advance

Badelhas

Aug 12, 2012
Braga
Hi,
Badelhas did you solve the problem of connecting HTC ONE M8 via MHL cable?
I have the same problem. I bought mhl Delock cable supporting 4K: delock.de/produkte/G_83650/merkmale.html but it does not work :(
Thanks in advance
Unfortunately, no. Tried different cables and different Tvs / projectors to no avail.
I don't understand.