M8 Clear Cases to Showcase

Search This thread

hesomist

May 11, 2014
Ultra Hybrid over my custom wrap
DSC01614.JPG

Reviews on Amazon for the Utlra Hybrid say there's a small hairline "crack" near the camera cutout, and customer service confirmed this saying it's because of their manufacturing process. Can you confirm it's there on yours? Is it that noticeable?

Badelhas

Aug 12, 2012
Braga
The capsule sucks, read the reviews. That's why they launched the ultra hybrid. If you can cancel the order and buy the ultra hybrid Clear/Silver color, that's what I have with my gunmetal phone

mjs2011

May 25, 2011
The capsule sucks, read the reviews. That's why they launched the ultra hybrid. If you can cancel the order and buy the ultra hybrid Clear/Silver color, that's what I have with my gunmetal phone

Thanks for the heads up. I cancelled my order. I have the Harman Kardon edition so it doesn't look like the other colors will work either.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Lopan12

Feb 21, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Yup, it's result of injection molding.
Thanks. Is the outside border really white though? It looks white in the pictures.

edit, nvm. Just ordered the Capsule Clear one. That looks like what I want. :)

Capsule Clear was nice, but the camera flash issue was a bummer. The minor yellow tint of the case wasn't an issue for me.

The outside is frosted. It's not crystal clear, but it's not white. You can see color through it (in my case, you can see the red skin). The IR also works through it for the most part.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the UAG Maverick, the Poetic Atmosphere, and an i-Blason frosted TPU case.

The UAG is, unfortunately still the best IMO. Best in protection, I like the fact that it provides an elevated protection on the back which prevents the lens glasses from getting fingerprint smears when grabbing it plus I like the fact that the openings for the camera in the back have the black rings around them to prevent case reflection with the flash. I like that it's easy to put on and take off and yet (the 2nd one I got, the 1st one was not too good a fit) it fits well. I like the fact that provides an elevated bezel on the front for protection. I wish they would have put the UAG logo in such a way that it wasn't over the HTC logo on the back, but oh well. Also it hinders the IR blaster slightly, while more often than not I have to press the power button twice to get it to work. Annoying. Volume controls feel nice. Last but not least I think I paid the same for this case than then other 4 I have combined.

The Poetic Atmosphere looks nice, but a) It's a ***** to take off and I was afraid it was going to scratch the phone, too hard on the edges, b) the lip on the front is almost nonexistent, c) it doesn't seem to provide protection other that against minor scratches, i.e. I doubt it has much shock protection and d) it's really frosted, not clear. IR blaster slightly hindered even though there is an opening for the power button. Volume controls OK.

The i-Blason, which is the first one I got while waiting for others to be released, it's surprisingly good and it provides the best IR blaster functionality even though the power button is covered (but frosted like the rest of the case). Volume buttons are made too sensitive if anything, have to be careful not to accidentally press them when grabbing the phone. Not too good at shock protection, so because of that and the good IR blaster functionality, I have it on when I'm at home, it's like the "pajama" case. I use the UAG when I go out, and sometimes when I work out etc.
    hey guys i just got my spigen ultra hybrid case. i did a small video for it, the video is kinda bad but it'll give you an idea of how the case is like. i might end up getting the cimo TPU case as well to try since i'm still kinda 50/50 on this case.

the video was sort of a hash together but you get the general idea haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW5bZh9wky0&feature=youtu.be
    I have a clear Spigen that looks a bit "yellow" and has the flash bleed issue. I also just got the Baseus Air case. It can't be anymore slim. It doesn't stick out past the screen so there isn't any screen protection if you lay it upside down. No flash bleed and it looks very clear. Power button sucks on it (have to push really hard) though volume buttons are alright. Here are a couple pictures.

The other case is a Diztronic that has a QI receiver taped inside. I usually only use that case while at work because I have a QI enabled dock.
    Exact Prism Series vs. Cimo Slim Grip

Hey everyone, just thought I would share my thoughts and some pics of the Exact Prism Series vs. the Cimo Slim Grip cases I got from Amazon for my Glacier Silver HTC One M8...

Exact Prism:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...as2&tag=spiffspace-20&linkId=GGBYB7Y3TGPWI4TO

Cimo Slim Fit:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...as2&tag=spiffspace-20&linkId=XOS7PHI2FALDAW37

The Cimo is all TPU, but has a knurl-like texture on the sides for grip. The inner surface on the back is frosted, while the outer surface of the back is smooth. The lip that wraps around the front of the phone seems to fit well, and closes well around the phone once installed. It seems to fit snugly as well. The only thing that I could complain about is the location of the secondary camera hole. It doesn't line up well with the camera. The rear mic hole is well-located. The frosted back actually doesn't seem all that noticeable when it is up against the back of my silver phone. The volume "bumps" on this case are VERY subtle, so it isn't easy to feel where to push for up/down volume adjustment.

The Exact is a dual-material - with a more rigid clear back, and a white band of TPU around the edges. The lip that wraps around the front of the phone doesn't fit as well as the Cimo. There is a noticeable gap where the bottom lip doesn't quite cover up the white edge around the phone (this is visible in one of the photos I am showing). The secondary camera hole lines up better with this case (but it is a larger opening). The mic hole is shifted upward a bit. This case also has raised parting line from the molding process that feels distracting to me (but this is a very minor issue).

Overall, I prefer the Cimo case right now. It fits more tightly on the phone, doesn't leave the gaps around the perimeter, and I think it actually has a bit more grip, thanks to the knurled texture on the sides, and the back material is more grippy than the rigid material of the Exact case. It probably will yellow over time, and when it does, I might look for another option, or just get another Cimo. Time will tell how durable it is.

I am coming from a Galaxy Note II which I used with a Seidio dual layer case (with soft inner layer and a rigid outer shell that wrapped around the corners). I felt that case did provide some drop protection, while these HTC One cases are probably better suited to scratch protection.
    The Exact is the better looking case judging by your photos though.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

It all comes down to personal preference, but I actually like the look of the Cimo slightly better. What I don't like about the Exact case is the white color of the band around the perimeter. I think it distracts from the look of the phone underneath. Due to this, and the fact that I have the silver version of the M8, I think the Cimo is better looking. If I had the gunmetal gray version, one of the other Exact case colors might be better (the clear/black).