Old google maps version 6.14.3 runs well on moto x

Search This thread

doitinthedirt

Mar 31, 2014
If anyone is interested its simple and works well. I used File Explorer with the root addon from netapps its free, deleted the current screwed to hell new version on the moto x and used file explorer again on my razr m to copy 6.14.3 the version that came on my razr m, sent it via email to myself and downloded it to moto x and it installed fine and works like a champ.. I keep playstore set to NEVER AUTO UPDATE APPS

Reactions: buschris

seanyuan62

Oct 2, 2010
Woah are you the developer of Google maps??

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Nice to meet you sir

scorpion667

Jul 26, 2011
Toronto
I also never auto update lol. If I update one app every treo months that's allot. Needs to have 4.5+ star rating for latest update. But yeah I'm on 7.4.0 with zero issues, what's wrong with it?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

doitinthedirt

Mar 31, 2014
Woah are you the developer of Google maps??

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Nice to meet you sir

Just not a fan of the new maps that came out last year.. they made it ridiculously hard to get directions from "point on map" I still havent figured out how to get point on map as departure point.. i can as destination but not as departure .. it is so simple in the old verion I use. another thing is the permanent scale bar the have on the old version.. is gone on the new version along with plus and minus buttons to zoom with.. it was perfect before and they made a cluster@$$% out of it. takes three times longer to get directins than it use to. the two shots below are from my moto x and old version 6.14.3 from razr m, it shows how simple it is to choose point on map.. its easy, and also shows the permanent scale bar i like and the zoom buttons i prefer over double tapping and guessing which way to move your finger to get the zoom you want.. i dont know who was in charge of the update to change all these nice features but it was a huge disapointment..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-17-11-49-59.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-17-11-49-59.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 243
  • Screenshot_2014-06-17-11-53-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-17-11-53-53.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:

doitinthedirt

Mar 31, 2014
Good one. New map version has live traffic information mapped on the navigation view which is missing in the old map.

Thanks for the posting.

a screen off moto x and google maps 6.14.3 in navigation just now showing chitown traffic looks like rushour

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-17-12-35-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-17-12-35-48.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:

doitinthedirt

Mar 31, 2014
I meant this.. See attached...

Looks different.. I will check it out on my nexus 7. I haven't used my moto x with the latest google maps for actually naving but my little brother did on a trip across the country and said it kept locking up on him when he stopped for gas and wanted to continue driving.. he said it would never restart the trip navigation and he would have to re enter the destination. I've never had that problem.. i have heard REROUTING REROUTING several times LOL tho. I don't like the menu design of the new maps.. one more thing I don't care for... If it's now broke leave it the @#$%^ alone!!

Arak-Nafein

Sep 9, 2010
I didn't find it difficult to get directions from two pins. You just got to star/save them. Then when you are inputting the directions start/end pick the starred locations for your departure/arrival.

2fYoLwf.png

tHFtbWc.png
(The pin didn't show up here, but I saved this location using a pin, just like the 1st image)
VgFRjFP.png

I like the new maps a lot better than the old maps.

Last edited:

ScrapMaker

Jan 23, 2008
Has anyone noticed that as you drive along a route, that "6 Minute Faster" etc signs pop up but for some reason, Maps does not change the route? It sticks with the original no matter what, and I have to tap that sign or just take that exit/etc. I have to constantly watch the app during rush hour and it's a tad dangerous, but if I watch closely I can save 20-45 minutes daily, it seems.

doitinthedirt

Mar 31, 2014
Has anyone noticed that as you drive along a route, that "6 Minute Faster" etc signs pop up but for some reason, Maps does not change the route? It sticks with the original no matter what, and I have to tap that sign or just take that exit/etc. I have to constantly watch the app during rush hour and it's a tad dangerous, but if I watch closely I can save 20-45 minutes daily, it seems.

No.. but im still using old faithful. 6.14.3 it works perfectly.. someone from apple is working on gmaps updating it to destroy it so you wont buy moto and go to apple. I can email you the old version.. so much easier to use and no problems with it

Arak, thanks for trying to help with the point to point directions but you shouldn't have to save a point to use it as a point I try to make my own shortest distance routes using touch the screen as a selection point all the time I don't want to go through the hassle of saving it and choosing from my saved points I'm constantly touching part of a highway and using it from there that spot to come up with a shorter route or just a different route that I wanted shoes no reason I should have to take time and save a point what up bull****
the old version works great just select point on map touch that point boom you are done no saving pins. so glad i was able to root the phone delete the new version and put the old version back on

another thing I don't like I miss Google update crap is talk to type it doesn't work you can't erase words that you didn't say in that last paragraph I didn't say shoes but it refuses to let me backspace and delete the damn word and I didn't say up again I can't get rid of the damn thing whatever you talk and it types it you cannot backspace erase the damn s*** like you used to be able to f****** Google man just leave something that works alone

again.. more .. i didnt say miss in that last para.. but one it is spoken and typed... you cant backspce.. anyone else have that issue? i will check settings see if i can change it. never had this problem on my razr m. if it didnt type what i said right i simply backspaced and corrected it.. but now backspace doesnt work over something King Google wants typed

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If anyone is interested its simple and works well. I used File Explorer with the root addon from netapps its free, deleted the current screwed to hell new version on the moto x and used file explorer again on my razr m to copy 6.14.3 the version that came on my razr m, sent it via email to myself and downloded it to moto x and it installed fine and works like a champ.. I keep playstore set to NEVER AUTO UPDATE APPS
    I think the main problem here is this was posted in the wrong thread. This should of been under general or apps. This does not belong in development.
    Thanks