Titan Build 21193\21195\21198

Search This thread

Tplane37

Dec 6, 2008

Updated Post #1. 21198 Beta 1 is pretty much out of the box, using Dan-HTC-Touch's SYS files. I only added a couple of apps as mentioned in the first post...same apps as all my builds.

I will release 21198 Beta 1.1 with the same features as 21193 Beta 1.2.

***EDIT***
Compiling 21198 Beta 1.1 now. The first release was for those of you who want to be nosy and see what we started from. Will flash to be sure it works, then upload and post link as long as it works.

Last edited:

DavidinCT

Jun 2, 2006
Someplace in CT
21198 works!!! i can read my emails!!
thank you thank you:D

Gota charge my phone up to at least 51% then I'll be installing....cool, looking forward to it !

Actually, if Tplane is working on 1.1 in testing to upload later tonight, I'll just hold tight for a little bit. Don't want to set it all up just to have to re-flash a little later tonight...

Edit: Installing now.....

Last edited:

Tplane37

Dec 6, 2008
21198 Beta 1.1

21198 Beta 1.1 is posted. Enjoy! I'll check in to review/post bugs. Check it out on Exchange please.

Taking a break from WM6.5 momentarily. Have some work to do with Windows CE 6 for some Thin Clients....different world, kinda. :D

friguy33

Mar 9, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Most of the work has been on *93 and *98, but what are the differences? I guess there are exchange server issues, but I dont use it so not an issue for me. Any others? Just waiting to charge up also so I can flash! TIA

DavidinCT

Jun 2, 2006
Someplace in CT
Ok, Installed 21198 1.1....Here I go with my list of issues, will edit as I go on...

1. Home page, 2 bottom options are Contacts and Com Manager (shouldn't it be Contacts and Calendar ?)
2. No camera (I know someone else didn't want it but, at least put a cab up for us to install, I do use it sometimes for minor stuff, It's not the worst camera in light rooms)
3. New icons are larger, is this the way the build is (on 21198) ? The problem is any older program's icons look cheazy (not much you can do but, wanted to point it out).
4. In the com manager (as your using the blue one), there is no option for Direct Push to Enable/Disable, This could of been causing my "internet always on problem" as I could not shut it off in 21193.
5. no other themes or ring tones ? (I miss my oldphone one...but, I will restore from a backup)
6. Have gotten a few display issues (bottom of scroll bar missing, etc), but, after a reboot it seemed to clear it up (just to note incase I see it again)

I will test Exchange in a little bit, gota do the dinner thing etc but, so far so good...

As always Tplane, Thanks !!!

Edit:

Yea !!! Exchange 2003 appears to work now, I was able to get it setup, Sent a test e-mail in from a 3rd party e-mail, heard it hit my inbox, sync'ed and it came down on my Titan, selected Delete on the titan and watched it get removed from my inbox....Yea !!!!!

7. As Randy Said below, clicking on the battery meter does nothing.
8. Installed TomTom 6, unable to get a GPS lock from a window (was able to on 6.1), it's raining outside now, so unable to give it a full test.

Last edited:

randy.yates

Dec 24, 2006
Taskbar Battery icon

Updated Post #1. 21198 Beta 1 is pretty much out of the box, using Dan-HTC-Touch's SYS files. I only added a couple of apps as mentioned in the first post...same apps as all my builds.

I will release 21198 Beta 1.1 with the same features as 21193 Beta 1.2.

***EDIT***
Compiling 21198 Beta 1.1 now. The first release was for those of you who want to be nosy and see what we started from. Will flash to be sure it works, then upload and post link as long as it works.

OMG 21198 rocks except for the battery icon on mine if you tap it it does not do anything should link to battery meter. Other than that super!
Thanks,
R.

Tplane37

Dec 6, 2008
Ok, Installed 21198 1.1....Here I go with my list of issues, will edit as I go on...

1. Home page, 2 bottom options are Contacts and Com Manager (shouldn't it be Contacts and Calendar ?)
2. No camera (I know someone else didn't want it but, at least put a cab up for us to install, I do use it sometimes for minor stuff, It's not the worst camera in light rooms)
3. New icons are larger, is this the way the build is (on 21198) ? The problem is any older program's icons look cheazy (not much you can do but, wanted to point it out).
4. In the com manager (as your using the blue one), there is no option for Direct Push to Enable/Disable, This could of been causing my "internet always on problem" as I could not shut it off in 21193.
5. no other themes or ring tones ? (I miss my oldphone one...but, I will restore from a backup)
6. Have gotten a few display issues (bottom of scroll bar missing, etc), but, after a reboot it seemed to clear it up (just to note incase I see it again)

I will test Exchange in a little bit, gota do the dinner thing etc but, so far so good...

As always Tplane, Thanks !!!
I have to finish working on my SYS so I can actually say what is and what is not part of the actual SYS. This one was built from Dan's SYS from over @ PPCGeeks. And the link now has the camera...I'm not touching it any more tonight! LOL

friguy33

Mar 9, 2007
Brooklyn, NY

Here ya go, it installs the camera...enjoy

Attachments

• camera.cab
    1.7 MB · Views: 29

friguy33

Mar 9, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Dumb question...are you just running the ROMUpdateUtility in the folder or putting the files in the RUU folder and runnning BuildOS/BuildNB? and if so, what "kitchen" are you using? There are also SYS/XIP stuff, should i be replacing that too? TIA

friguy33

Mar 9, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Installed *98 and it "looks" just like WM6.1? No new start, no titanium today screen. Did I do something wrong? Went back to *93 and all new...differences?

DavidinCT

Jun 2, 2006
Someplace in CT
Installed *98 and it "looks" just like WM6.1? No new start, no titanium today screen. Did I do something wrong? Went back to *93 and all new...differences?

Did you install the 1.1 version of 21198 ? It worked for me 1st shot, so I might suggest if you still have it installed, to check the items on the today screen, make sure Windows Default is selected...

friguy33

Mar 9, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Did you install the 1.1 version of 21198 ? It worked for me 1st shot, so I might suggest if you still have it installed, to check the items on the today screen, make sure Windows Default is selected...

Yea I did, but there isnt even the honeycomb (or whatever its called now) start menu. all the fonts were different. The menus were not the new kinda cool look as I had in 21193. Ill try again though...ill just run ROMUpdateUtility and see if it works