Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Input keyboard changing from QWERTY

221 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By InRBigness, Senior Member on 16th March 2010, 05:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Any one else have this issue and were they able to resolve it?

When ever I try to enter an appt into the calendar my touch input switches to a numeric pad with a P and a W. It is the same pad people have gotten with Opera 9. It does not switch back unless I go to Opera (it was never open) and touch on the address bar. At this point it will go back to the Qwerty touch input. This is a very clunky work around but it is the only one I am aware of.

It will do this even if I use the hardware keyboard to input data in the appt fields. Anyone know what causes this or how we can fix it?

16th March 2010, 11:18 AM |#2  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 646

More
Because you didn't mention witch rom you use I can only say try another rom. I never have had this problem. Or you can try a hard reset first.
16th March 2010, 05:38 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I am using the stock ATT rom. I have hard reset it a few times for other reasons and it is still the same.

If you are entering text it stays as qwerty but as soon as you go to one of the drop down boxes for the time of the appt it switches to the number pad with the w and the p whichis fine as you are entering numbers. Unfortunately it does not change back to qwerty even if you try and add somting in the text boxes again.
17th March 2010, 03:39 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
If you open Opera and click first on the address bar, then on the Google search bar, the qwerty keyboard usually comes back.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)