OFFICIAL: update.zip is finally here! :D

Search This thread

pcayabyab

Jun 15, 2010
I did the RUU. Is there any difference between this and the RUU (besides the wiping of the memory)?

My Software Information is as follows:

Android version

Baseband version

Kernel version
2.6.32.15-gb7b01d1
htc-kernel@and18-2 #1

Build number
3.21.605.1 CL231334 release-keys

Software number

Browser version
WebKit 3.1

PRI Version
1.28_002

PRL Version

ERI Version

October Sky

Aug 9, 2010
650.2 and Update.zip loaded

I got the ...650.2 Software/Build installed, along with the update.zip file. After everything was registered the *Droid* sfx played and it took a while to boot. But as I write this my phone just flicked on. After months of work, I have my delicious FroYo!

A big thanks to Shcwartz and everyone at XDA.

EDIT: Ran a LinPack benchmark...35 MFLOPS blew my mind. Can't wait for a root to come out!

Last edited:

Matt.

Mar 25, 2009
K my phone keeps looping the verizon eye thing, starting from HTC Quietly Brilliant to the Verizon eye, and keeps doing that over and over.

Should I wait? or is my phone ****ed?

Thanks.

K my phone keeps looping the verizon eye thing, starting from HTC Quietly Brilliant to the Verizon eye, and keeps doing that over and over.

Should I wait? or is my phone ****ed?

Thanks.

No its not. It looks like something did not load right. Reload the ROM and you should be OK. If it still will not load right, then find the OTA 2.2 RUU. Try it. If it will not connect to your phone then you can extract the ROM.ZIP file from it and load it by changing its name to PB31IMG.zip and copying it to the root of your sdcard. Once copied, reboot into HBOOT and load the ROM.

Matt.

Mar 25, 2009
No its not. It looks like something did not load right. Reload the ROM and you should be OK. If it still will not load right, then find the OTA 2.2 RUU. Try it. If it will not connect to your phone then you can extract the ROM.ZIP file from it and load it by changing its name to PB31IMG.zip and copying it to the root of your sdcard. Once copied, reboot into HBOOT and load the ROM.

Where would I find the 2.2 RUU?

I already found it... but the only way I can use it is if I pass the first part I mentioned before.

And i tried downgrading which didn't work either -_-

You can extract the ROM.ZIP file and rename it to PB31IMG.zip. Copy it to the root of your sdcard with a converter on your PC. Reinstall it in your phone and boot to HBOOT. It should then reload.

ACD168

Aug 28, 2010
I got the ...650.2 Software/Build installed, along with the update.zip file. After everything was registered the *Droid* sfx played and it took a while to boot. But as I write this my phone just flicked on. After months of work, I have my delicious FroYo!

A big thanks to Shcwartz and everyone at XDA.

EDIT: Ran a LinPack benchmark...35 MFLOPS blew my mind. Can't wait for a root to come out!

Root is out, downgrade back to 2.1, www.unrevoked.com, get unrevoked forever, then go to 2.2 and you have root on 2.2

Dafrag

Feb 17, 2010
Dafrag- wow. You are quite creative and brave. If had to make a prediction I would have bet on the brick outcome. Congrats mate! Any landing you talk away from....

And you think 3 hours its a long time? That probably explains something here :)

Well, I consider 3 hours a long time when t should only take like 3 minutes after dropping the file onto my SD card =P

Sent from my Incredible using XDA App

mountolympus

Sep 9, 2010
hey peoples I have 2.1 and s-on and working in metropcs, what do you think ... ???

Is rooted ??? Can I update like above ????

thanks

taoqueen

Mar 5, 2011
-- Install from sdcard...
verifying update package...
installing update...
Verifying current system...
asser failed: very long string
E: Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation Aborted

I am getting a similar error above. I have stock 2.1 ROM with S-off and stock recovery. The only thing I did was moved all the bloated ware to an app disabled folder (city ID, twitter..etc) and on the above message it mentioned something about unable to verify CityID...could it be that the update won't work if it can't find the original crapware on the ROM? My baseband and software version match the requirement for this upgrade so do I need to move all that crap back before the upgrade?

does anyone know how to figure out this error?

cell2011

Apr 11, 2011
charleston wv
If i dont have an SD card at the moment could i still download update.zip to my phone from my PC? Would a kingston micro sd card work in my phone? It came out of a digital camera?

blackwolf77

Mar 13, 2010
If i dont have an SD card at the moment could i still download update.zip to my phone from my PC? Would a kingston micro sd card work in my phone? It came out of a digital camera?

I don't think that you can use the update.zip without a sd card. But yes the kingston card should work, you will need to format FAT32 though if I remember right in order for it to work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Safari didn't do that. For some reason, it just turned it into a folder called update. I compressed it, turning it into a zip file. I followed the instructions and still it said it couldn't locate it, so i'll just wait for the update. Thanks anyway!
    Is My Face Red?

I used someone else's saved OTA and loaded it manually. That is what this whole thread is discussing.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

Ooops! Thanks for your patient answers. I am obviously a bit confused. I was hoping someone was talking about getting the OTA update OTA, not updating from a copy someone else saved. Sorry if I annoyed you.