Phone gets quite hot around charging port.

Search This thread

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
So as some of you may know, I have self repaired my S3 recently. My power button was faulty and kept turning off by it self. I went in and took the phone apart and fixed the power button issue, only problem the phone gets very hot around the charging port while charging. It didn't do this before I fixed it, so what can be the issue? Any insight could be helpful! Thank you for your time.

-Whiplashh

Sent from a Premium Xda app using the Flo Nexus 7.

bradley129

Feb 4, 2014
Are you sure it did not do it before? I have a sgs3 I bought not even a month ago and it gets very hot around the charging port. Infact my friends gs3 does too. I think its normal.

Sent From My Smoking Hot Galaxy SIII

Reactions: Whiplashh

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
Are you sure it did not do it before? I have a sgs3 I bought not even a month ago and it gets very hot around the charging port. Infact my friends gs3 does too. I think its normal.

Even when the phone is just charging and not in use?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bradley129

Feb 4, 2014

Ehh no. Sorry I didn't even notice in the op it gets hot not even in use. Does it get extremely hot or just warm to the touch? The sgs1 use to get so hot around the charging port and screen you couldn't touch it but that was normal for them phones after long periods of playing with it.

Reactions: Whiplashh

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
Ehh no. Sorry I didn't even notice in the op it gets hot not even in use. Does it get extremely hot or just warm to the touch? The sgs1 use to get so hot around the charging port and screen you couldn't touch it but that was normal for them phones after long periods of playing with it.

Sometimes it just gets warm, and that is my bad, I didn't put that in OP it was charging and not in use. Sometimes it is just warm or it can get pretty hot, even if the screen is on and doing nothing, it didn't do this before. I was hoping someone who has taken the S3 apart too might have some insight why, thank you for your help though. It does help. It doesn't seem bad right now.

-Whiplashh

bradley129

Feb 4, 2014
Sometimes it just gets warm, and that is my bad, I didn't put that in OP it was charging and not in use. Sometimes it is just warm or it can get pretty hot, even if the screen is on and doing nothing, it didn't do this before. I was hoping someone who has taken the S3 apart too might have some insight why, thank you for your help though. It does help. It doesn't seem bad right now.

-Whiplashh

Hmm are you overclocking? Maybe your CPU is set higher now than before and that could cause heat issues.

alemosman

Nov 19, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Guys am facing the same problem here, my S3 is always hot when am using it even for just playing music, This is as a result of me flashing my Boost S3 with Sprint stock ROM. Someone should help us out

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

bradley129

Feb 4, 2014
Guys am facing the same problem here, my S3 is always hot when am using it even for just playing music, This is as a result of me flashing my Boost S3 with Sprint stock ROM. Someone should help us out

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

That is not a result of a ROM flash.... Sprint and boost use the same hardware and it would not affect your phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.