FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

twrp backups not showing..??

25 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By flip06, Junior Member on 17th June 2013, 04:11 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th August 2014, 12:24 PM |#11  
E_n_T's Avatar
Senior Member
Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
actually i can see my backups they are unpacked i got same issue twrp not seeing them. i really would like to go back to stock
The Following User Says Thank You to E_n_T For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift E_n_T Ad-Free
 
 
12th August 2014, 01:26 PM |#12  
DreamFX's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 957
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_n_T

actually i can see my backups they are unpacked i got same issue twrp not seeing them. i really would like to go back to stock

Follow instructions in post 8.
30th November 2014, 08:44 AM |#13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
For fellow googlers out there: if, like me, TWRP shows only the "internal storage" and the "SD card" options but you can't see any folder, even though your backup is there, check if it's the serial number of the phone! Your backup should be in TWRP/Backups/<serial number>/Name of the backup. If you saved your backup in another phone, you need to check the serial number and rename the folder with the serial number.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Zezombye For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zezombye Ad-Free
29th March 2015, 10:04 PM |#14  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezombye

For fellow googlers out there: if, like me, TWRP shows only the "internal storage" and the "SD card" options but you can't see any folder, even though your backup is there, check if it's the serial number of the phone! Your backup should be in TWRP/Backups/<serial number>/Name of the backup. If you saved your backup in another phone, you need to check the serial number and rename the folder with the serial number.

Thank You. You saved my buns.
16th September 2015, 09:49 PM |#15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezombye

For fellow googlers out there: if, like me, TWRP shows only the "internal storage" and the "SD card" options but you can't see any folder, even though your backup is there, check if it's the serial number of the phone! Your backup should be in TWRP/Backups/<serial number>/Name of the backup. If you saved your backup in another phone, you need to check the serial number and rename the folder with the serial number.

In fact, the correct path where all your disk image files (data.ext4.win etc.) have to be stored, is /data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/<serial number>/<name of folder with disk image files>, so BACKUPS in capital letters.

TWRP does not "find" your backup otherwise (tested with 2.8).
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sugarcake For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sugarcake Ad-Free
2nd November 2015, 10:13 PM |#16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcake

In fact, the correct path where all your disk image files (data.ext4.win etc.) have to be stored, is /data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/<serial number>/<name of folder with disk image files>, so BACKUPS in capital letters.

TWRP does not "find" your backup otherwise (tested with 2.8).

That was very helpful. Thanks
1st June 2016, 04:49 AM |#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thanks for the complete directory info!
26th November 2016, 02:23 PM |#18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Can anyone give me backup file of note 2 to restore from custom rom plz help ... i dnt hv backup when i flash .. if i create backup file from other note 2 can it works .. is it in dead risk ?
26th May 2017, 08:23 PM |#19  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flip06

ok so i figured it out.

somehow the first couple stock backups i made ended up in the TWRP backup folder on the internal drive of the phone.
the new backup was stored in the TWRP backup folder on my SD Card.

so after finding both locations, i cut the two stock backups i made and pasted them into the SD Card TWRPs Backup folder and BAM! they show up now in my restore option on TWRP.

Thanks dude, I've done the same and it worked!
30th August 2017, 05:06 PM |#20  
Wire1122's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
restorimg data error when I performe a restore for your rom. Why?
27th November 2018, 03:17 PM |#21  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flip06

ok so i figured it out.

somehow the first couple stock backups i made ended up in the TWRP backup folder on the internal drive of the phone.
the new backup was stored in the TWRP backup folder on my SD Card.

so after finding both locations, i cut the two stock backups i made and pasted them into the SD Card TWRPs Backup folder and BAM! they show up now in my restore option on TWRP.

Thanks a lot, saved my day. TWRP was able to find the backup once I placed the TWRP folder directly onto SD Card. Somehow I have this habit of placing files in Download folder, but TWRP couldn't see it there. All is good now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes