[GUIDE]Unlock Bootloader - Moto E [UPDATED]

Search This thread

Isaac™

Jul 14, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A50
Moto E7
for those who want to debloat without root ....
first search in your browser: download "APP MANAGER" for your architecture and install it
second: download the sdk tools and open the cmd in the same folder and type: adb tcpip 5555 and then with your wi-fi connected go to the device settings ---> about the device and scroll down until you find the ip address and get it your ip (ex: 192.168.0.x) and now in adb type: adb connect 192.168.0.x and go back to the app.
bingo you have access to uninstall apps/force close/freeze/clear ram and etc

falls devil

Sep 21, 2023
Hey, I finally found a forum about this phone, I really need help! recently I decided to use GSI and ROOT, but I can't unlock the bootloader, it turns out that I did all the necessary steps to start the process, and even using the command "fastboot devices" my smartphone is recognized normally, but when adding any other unlock command like the variants and the original command on the Motorola website "fastboot unlock" does not work, an error appears every time!
After a lot of research, I only found in two places that the possible cause of this error is that smartphones with mediatek processors could not be unlocked (including smartphones from phone operators), after that, I started researching about doing this unlock through the drivers and everything else from mediatek, but the most recent forum I found was from 2021 and even doing all the steps, in the unlock request command, I have to put my cell phone in "BOOM" mode I don't know what that is, but using the logic of the steps in the blog it would be to enter fastbootd/bootloader mode, but in this case, the command doesn't recognize it and gives an error calling "preloader [lib] error name" after that, I entered the windows "device manager" and the driver was as "android adb interface" I changed it to "preloader adb mediatek" (I don't remember the exact name, but I did it from a video I found on youtube), but when I finished it went back to the previous one.
In short, there are only old contents of these processes, and the links provided are obviously old, and I haven't found any "original" place where I can find the drivers and all the necessary files in the most recent version, which is why I think this error can be the influence of their old version. Furthermore, in one of these videos I saw that some people use mediatek software (graphical interface without commands), and I would like to try, but unfortunately, as I said before, they are old videos with old links and because they are in an old version I can't I wanted to test this method, not to mention that there are more recent videos (less than a year old) but they don't provide any link to the software and I can't find anything on the internet, so I need help!

For more details I will leave the characteristics of my smartphone:

Motorola: Moto E22
RAM: 2GB
Storage: 32GB
CPU: MT6765H
Architecture: armeabi-v7a/armeabi

Additional information from apps I used to find out what things my smartphone supports:

Treble Info App:

Project Treble;
VNDK 31;
System as Root;
Seamless updates;
Dynamic Partitions DSU;
GSI: system-arm32_binder64-ab.img.xz.

Isaac™

Jul 14, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A50
Moto E7
Hey, I finally found a forum about this phone, I really need help! recently I decided to use GSI and ROOT, but I can't unlock the bootloader, it turns out that I did all the necessary steps to start the process, and even using the command "fastboot devices" my smartphone is recognized normally, but when adding any other unlock command like the variants and the original command on the Motorola website "fastboot unlock" does not work, an error appears every time!
After a lot of research, I only found in two places that the possible cause of this error is that smartphones with mediatek processors could not be unlocked (including smartphones from phone operators), after that, I started researching about doing this unlock through the drivers and everything else from mediatek, but the most recent forum I found was from 2021 and even doing all the steps, in the unlock request command, I have to put my cell phone in "BOOM" mode I don't know what that is, but using the logic of the steps in the blog it would be to enter fastbootd/bootloader mode, but in this case, the command doesn't recognize it and gives an error calling "preloader [lib] error name" after that, I entered the windows "device manager" and the driver was as "android adb interface" I changed it to "preloader adb mediatek" (I don't remember the exact name, but I did it from a video I found on youtube), but when I finished it went back to the previous one.
In short, there are only old contents of these processes, and the links provided are obviously old, and I haven't found any "original" place where I can find the drivers and all the necessary files in the most recent version, which is why I think this error can be the influence of their old version. Furthermore, in one of these videos I saw that some people use mediatek software (graphical interface without commands), and I would like to try, but unfortunately, as I said before, they are old videos with old links and because they are in an old version I can't I wanted to test this method, not to mention that there are more recent videos (less than a year old) but they don't provide any link to the software and I can't find anything on the internet, so I need help!

For more details I will leave the characteristics of my smartphone:
Motorola: Moto E22
RAM: 2GB
Storage: 32GB
CPU: MT6765H
Architecture: armeabi-v7a/armeabi

Additional information from apps I used to find out what things my smartphone supports:

Treble Info App:
Project Treble;
VNDK 31;
System as Root;
Seamless updates;
Dynamic Partitions DSU;
GSI: system-arm32_binder64-ab.img.xz.
Try MTK Client.

Brom mode consists of being the last case of access to the device.
on my device I access using the combinations:
pressing all buttons except power and I do the mtk client detect command and quickly press power and insert the usb cable

Filkiro

May 31, 2021
Brazil/São Paulo
Moto E6 Play
Try MTK Client.

Brom mode consists of being the last case of access to the device.
on my device I access using the combinations:
pressing all buttons except power and I do the mtk client detect command and quickly press power and insert the usb cable
From this method, using MTK Client, is there a chance that the device will become unusable? I ask this because I'm afraid the device will turn into a brick

Reactions: falls devil

falls devil

Sep 21, 2023
From this method, using MTK Client, is there a chance that the device will become unusable? I ask this because I'm afraid the device will turn into a brick
Hello, so, I don't think so, because in the process of unlocking in this mode I couldn't, but the process of erasing the data which is a command before unlocking, my phone is working normally, it's as if it had just been reformatted.

falls devil

Sep 21, 2023
I understand, is there any method that can unlock the bootloader and is 100% effective? without using the MTK Client?
Yes, depending on the manufacturer's brand, there are several videos of different methods, unfortunately I tried this one because my Motorola wasn't working using the Motorola command.

Filkiro

May 31, 2021
Brazil/São Paulo
Moto E6 Play
Yes, depending on the manufacturer's brand, there are several videos of different methods, unfortunately I tried this one because my Motorola wasn't working using the Motorola command.
Well, I tried to use the command that Motorola provides (I have a Moto E22 128GB/4GB), but because this device doesn't support their bootloader unlocking program, I didn't get anything.

Reactions: chentz78

pappyN4

Feb 5, 2013
link for logo.zip from post #2 is dead. If anyone wants to remove the unlocked logo, download a stock firmware, extract the logo.bin

Open it up with a hex editor and change the values at logo_unlocked to match what logo_boot has, then flash as instructed. In my case, RETCA_XT1023_4.4.4_KXC21.5-40_cid14

00 4A 04 00 66 5E 02 00
TO
00 02 00 00 FF 0B 04 00

If you use a different firmware, your values may be different

Attachments

• logo_motoE2014_unlocklogofix.PNG
    logo_motoE2014_unlocklogofix.PNG
    25 KB · Views: 9
Hello !

I have a Moto E40 XT2159-3 and I tried this method to unlock the bootloader (first step to install recovery and another OS).
But I get this :

fastboot oem get_unlock_data
FAILED (remote: unknown cmd.)
finished. total time: 0.009s

I also tried this :
fastboot flashing unlock
FAILED (remote: Not implemet.)
finished. total time: 0.001s

Same with :
fastboot flashing get_unlock_ability

When I write :
fastboot devices
ZE... fatboot

Please some help would be very appreciated!!

raphaelgamer981

Jun 22, 2020
Brazil
i9100
Motorola Defy
Hello !

I have a Moto E40 XT2159-3 and I tried this method to unlock the bootloader (first step to install recovery and another OS).
But I get this :

fastboot oem get_unlock_data
FAILED (remote: unknown cmd.)
finished. total time: 0.009s

I also tried this :
fastboot flashing unlock
FAILED (remote: Not implemet.)
finished. total time: 0.001s

Same with :
fastboot flashing get_unlock_ability

When I write :
fastboot devices
ZE... fatboot

Please some help would be very appreciated!!
this is because this tutorial is for a moto e1 and your phone is a moto e40, very different both from hardware and from software.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UNLOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER

WARNING: UNLOCKING YOUR BOOTLOADER VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY.PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
    NOTE: Unlocking the bootloader will Wipe/ factory reset your device, and will delete all personal data from your device such as apps, photos, messages, and settings.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Make sure to take a backup of your entire device data.
    2. Download the Android SDK OR Download the Minimal ADB and Fastboot
    3. Install the latest Motorola USB Drivers on your desktop. Download here.
    4. Put your device in fastboot mode (power off, then press the power and volume down buttons simultaneously).
    5. Open Command Prompt on androidsdk/platform-tools/ (Hold Shift and right click and press open command window here)
    6. Connect your Phone to PC
    7. Type this in the CMD prompt window - fastboot oem get_unlock_data
    8. You will get a return string. Copy it. [Right Click-Mark- Mark the text by pressing the shift key-Now press Ctrl+C]
    9. Paste all the lines together in a notepad. Remove the empty spaces.

10. Now go to the Motorola Site.Sign in using your Google account or Motorola ID. Scroll down the page and paste the copied string in the field at step #6. Then click on ‘Can my device be unlocked?’, after which a "REQUEST UNLOCK KEY" button will appear at the bottom of page.
    11. To get your unlock key, select the ‘I Agree’ option. Note: You will receive an email with your Unlock Key at the email address you used to log in there.
    12. Important – Copy the 20-character key that Motorola sent you via email. Make sure your device is connected.
    13. Then in CMD type: fastboot devices (To check your device is connected)
    14. Then type: fastboot oem unlock UNIQUE_KEY

NOTE: In above command, replace the word ‘UNIQUE_KEY’ with the unlock code that you got via email. Then hit enter and the unlocking process should begin. Wait for a while and soon you’ll see ‘Bootloader Unlocked’ warning on your Moto E.

To relock the bootloader:

Go to Fastboot and give the command fastboot oem lock

You can always appreciate my work by pressing the Thanks Button.:good:
    Good Day
    Video Tutorial

FAQ

[SIZE=+1]Q1:How to remove the unlocked bootloader message? [/SIZE]

• Download the logo.zip.
    • Extract all the files
    • Reboot to fastboot mode (power + vol down)
    • Now open cmd and use cd command to go to the directory where you placed the file.
    • Now Type the command: fastboot flash logo logo.bin
    • Reboot from the recovery (use vol up to select and vol down to navigate)
    • Now your bootlogo should be restored back to the normal version

Just a Friendly Reminder. I am receiving PM from a lot of guys on how to unlock their bootloader. I will help all of you, you know I will. But if you consider appreciating my work by pressing the thanks button it would be great for me and will help me serve you better. :good: ;)
    Want to Get OTA updates even after Rooting your Device? Here's how.

• Use the full unroot option from the Super Su
    • Flash the stock recovery Use Code : mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    • Now you'll be able to get OTA updates as before
    I did a video tutorial showing how to Unlock the Bootloader and Root Motorola Moto E

Step by step...

Hope it helps ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DGlZLWX0vk

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk