Flag Montréal
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Version 0.9.4
Changelog
  • Fixed deep-sleep bug
  • Improved timer accuracy
  • Fixed videoplayback issue on some devices

APK is attached here, update is also available on the playstore.

Next version will include widget enhancements and integration of DashClock.

For issues reporting or features suggestion, you can checkout the GitHub issues page!
Attached Files
File Type: apk PeaceOfMind-v06.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.10 MB, 18 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to mudar1488 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mudar1488 Ad-Free

13th January 2014, 03:56 PM |#12  
OP Member
Flag Montréal

More
Thumbs up
Hi @benkxda,

multi-replies to your suggestions/feedback below
Quote:
Originally Posted by benkxda

One major bug is, that the app only switches the airplane mode on/off. I usually use WLAN at home and work with activated airplane mode. If I'm going to take a nap for 30 mins, I activate peace of mind but WLAN is still active and Mails, Hangouts (messages, voice/video calls), G+ and other messengers would. The app also does not silence incoming messages.

This should be fixed now. The change I made is that Airplane is mode is enabled each time PeaceOfMind is started, so this disables WiFi. Previously, the app would check airplane status, skipping if already was already on.

Quote:

I talked about the functionalities of this app and I was told, there is a further need. Switch off all connections with the airplane mode but then let the user decide whether he wants to get notification (alarm, appointments) or not. Silent mode would probably not deactivate the LED notification light. However I did not check.

When enabling PeaceOfMind, Airplane and Silent modes are (now) both set (or silent-mode-only based on settings). So this silences notifications. Handling Alarms is a whole different story since they could be set by different apps. This would require displaying a list of installed apps to handle sound for each. I prefer to stick to the original mission: disconnect from the outside world

Quote:

GPS is still active after airplane mode. I understand, this app just enables/disables the airplane mode, but can we get some extra tweaks in the settings area, in this case to save battery?

Well, it seems that enabling GPS with Airplane mode on varies by manufacturer. It's a very good idea and I understand the advantages, however I don't think such a feature fits with this app's scope. sorry

Thanks again for all your valuable feedback!

mudar
The Following User Says Thank You to mudar1488 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mudar1488 Ad-Free
16th January 2014, 04:48 PM |#13  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,666

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudar1488

Hi @benkxda,

multi-replies to your suggestions/feedback below

This should be fixed now. The change I made is that Airplane is mode is enabled each time PeaceOfMind is started, so this disables WiFi. Previously, the app would check airplane status, skipping if already was already on.

When enabling PeaceOfMind, Airplane and Silent modes are (now) both set (or silent-mode-only based on settings). So this silences notifications. Handling Alarms is a whole different story since they could be set by different apps. This would require displaying a list of installed apps to handle sound for each. I prefer to stick to the original mission: disconnect from the outside world

Well, it seems that enabling GPS with Airplane mode on varies by manufacturer. It's a very good idea and I understand the advantages, however I don't think such a feature fits with this app's scope. sorry

Thanks again for all your valuable feedback!

mudar

Thanks @mudar1488 for the recent updates. Before I go on, I want you to update also the first post of the thread, if you upload a new version including the new file, to get a version history. Also a Changelog in the first post would be nice. You also can place a new post, but please also update the first post. This makes it way easier to check if this thread was either updated or not. If the Fairphone index is up or let's say necessary, I don't wanna miss an update.

I use your Peace of Mind+ on my business device, a Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE (720 x 1280 pixels, 4.8 inches). Today I was checking the last version and I saw a couple of things, probably issues, maybe not.

1. Version number
I think I should have the version 0.6, but after a look in the app info, I was confused: "ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind version 0.9.4 beta". Is that right or did I just update to much?

2. Sound on/off
Usually my phone is silenced completely. After I set a time in Peace of Mind+ and time ran out, the airplane mode switched off and sound switched on. So no silence anymore. Please save the settings of the sound before Peace of Mind+ becomes active and after the time ran out, restore the settings. Same thing with the airplane mode, which usually is active on my device, as well as WiFi is active.

3. Graphical issues
I have some graphical issues on my device. When I start Peace of Mind+ you see the following:

You can see a strange graphical fragment on the right of "ATPEACE". I started the app three times, and I always saw a different fragment.

Then I started a time and reset it to zero right afterwards, result:

Ok, so the fragment is gone and the text "ATPEACE" jumped one text line up and stays there, because on the left side, there are two text lines during the time is running out. Check the image below, in this case the two text lines are "1h35 TO1h35". To avoid these fragments, I currently have to set a time, then the fragment is gone.

Hope the images help to compensate some of the wrong or not correct words/text phrases I used. If not, don't hesitate to ask.

EDIT:
Just recognized your title of the post with the latest app version: "Version 0.9.4". I am a bit lost. Why is version 0.9.4 called v0.6 in the file name?
16th January 2014, 06:14 PM |#14  
OP Member
Flag Montréal

More
Great feedback @benkxda, as usual

I've added updates to the OP, but for detailed history I on Github. For future versions, I'll probably just publish the updates in the OP instead of adding a new reply each time.

Quote:

I think I should have the version 0.6, but after a look in the app info, I was confused: "ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind version 0.9.4 beta". Is that right or did I just update to much?

Mystery resolved in the OP! APK filename has the versionCode (1 to 6) but I refer to it by its versionName (0.9 beta to 0.9.6 beta)

Quote:

Usually my phone is silenced completely. After I set a time in Peace of Mind+ and time ran out, the airplane mode switched off and sound switched on. So no silence anymore. Please save the settings of the sound before Peace of Mind+ becomes active ...

will do that in the next version!

Quote:

I have some graphical issues on my device. When I start Peace of Mind+ you see the following: You can see a strange graphical fragment on the right of "ATPEACE". I started the app three times, and I always saw a different fragment ...

well, this is a strange one! I did test on a Galaxy S3 and didn't see such pixels.
  • When you enable PeaceOfMind, do you see an animation in the background (like a water flood)?
  • Do you still these pixels in landscape mode?
  • How long has it been since last time you did a reboot?! (just looking for hints)
  • Do you think these pixels could be translucid? meaning do you think you see a scramble of your homescreen ? or do they look more like pixels of a corrupted video?
I'll do my best to find the issue.

I've added the last two to the GitHub issues page

Edit: I've attached 2 APKs to test the Graphical issues. @benkxda reported having graphical issues on his Galaxy S3 (unspecified ROM). Users who have the same issue (screen captures attached) can try installing these 2 versions and see if the issue is still there. Warning: ugly colors are used
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2014-01-16dmszp.png
Views:	174
Size:	221.7 KB
ID:	2521769   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2014-01-16pfkw5.png
Views:	171
Size:	223.0 KB
ID:	2521770   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2014-01-1621kdo.png
Views:	155
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	2521771  
Attached Files
File Type: apk PeaceOfMind-v07a.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.12 MB, 3 views)
File Type: apk PeaceOfMind-v07b.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.12 MB, 5 views)
18th January 2014, 01:34 AM |#15  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

Great feedback @benkxda, as usual

I've added updates to the OP, but for detailed history I on Github. For future versions, I'll probably just publish the updates in the OP instead of adding a new reply each time.

Mystery resolved in the OP! APK filename has the versionCode (1 to 6) but I refer to it by its versionName (0.9 beta to 0.9.6 beta)

will do that in the next version!

well, this is a strange one! I did test on a Galaxy S3 and didn't see such pixels.

• When you enable PeaceOfMind, do you see an animation in the background (like a water flood)?
  • Do you still these pixels in landscape mode?
  • How long has it been since last time you did a reboot?! (just looking for hints)
  • Do you think these pixels could be translucid? meaning do you think you see a scramble of your homescreen ? or do they look more like pixels of a corrupted video?
I'll do my best to find the issue.

I've added the last two to the GitHub issues page

Edit: I've attached 2 APKs to test the Graphical issues. @benkxda reported having graphical issues on his Galaxy S3 (unspecified ROM). Users who have the same issue (screen captures attached) can try installing these 2 versions and see if the issue is still there. Warning: ugly colors are used

What a shame, I forgot my S3 LTE at work. It has Android 4.3.1 running, CM10.2 nightly (set to 280 ppi).

Well, I just thought, I give other devices a try. I used file version 0.6, as this was the version on the S3 LTE, where I found those graphical issues.
First up, the Nexus 5 (full HD set to 440 ppi, Omni nightly). I did not see any problems. Then I tried it on the Galaxy Nexus (720x1280, just like the S3 LTE, set to 320 ppi and running CM11 nightly) and also no problems. It might be a problem with the older Android 4.3.1 or maybe this special nightly? I am back at work on Monday.
19th January 2014, 09:09 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Thanks a lot for this. I was looking for such an app when I saw a Fairphone unboxing video.
20th January 2014, 10:43 PM |#17  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion666

Thanks a lot for this. I was looking for such an app when I saw a Fairphone unboxing video.

Yes. +1 and thank you @mudar1488

Ok, now to your questions:
Quote:

When you enable PeaceOfMind, do you see an animation in the background (like a water flood)?
Do you still these pixels in landscape mode?
How long has it been since last time you did a reboot?! (just looking for hints)
Do you think these pixels could be translucid? meaning do you think you see a scramble of your homescreen ? or do they look more like pixels of a corrupted video?

1. Yes, I see the animation (smoothly on N5/S3 LTE and on Galaxy Nexus a bit sluggish).
  2. Yes, I see these pixels in landscape mode. Doesn't matter if I start in portrait mode and switch to landscape mode or if I directly start in landscape mode.
  3. I have this all the time, doesn't matter if I try after reboot or at the end of the day... always the same.
  4. This is a bit special. Well, I think I don't see my background wallpaper (my wallpaper is just simple black). But I tried it on two home screens. One screen with a lot of icons, the other one with none (even no navigation icons). The result was interesting, as I saw a mostly brown or green fragment on the screen with much icons and usually a black fragment on the screen without icons. It is not always the brown/green or the black one, but that where the most results.

Hope that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to benkxda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift benkxda Ad-Free
23rd January 2014, 02:52 PM |#18  
OP Member
Flag Montréal

More
Quote:

1. Yes, I see the animation (smoothly on N5/S3 LTE and on Galaxy Nexus a bit sluggish).
  2. Yes, I see these pixels in landscape mode. Doesn't matter if I start in portrait mode and switch to landscape mode or if I directly start in landscape mode.
  3. I have this all the time, doesn't matter if I try after reboot or at the end of the day... always the same.
  4. This is a bit special. Well, I think I don't see my background wallpaper (my wallpaper is just simple black). But I tried it on two home screens. One screen with a lot of icons, the other one with none (even no navigation icons). The result was interesting, as I saw a mostly brown or green fragment on the screen with much icons and usually a black fragment on the screen without icons. It is not always the brown/green or the black one, but that where the most results.

Hope that helps.

Thanks @benkxda! Did you try-out the v07a and v07b versions (attached here)? the latter doesn't play video and they both use ugly colors to try to understand what zone/element holds the strange pixels!

However, I do suspect an issue with the custom ROM or the custom DPI value used
23rd January 2014, 07:02 PM |#19  
OP Member
Flag Montréal

More
New Version 1.0
APK and Changelog are provided in the OP. Peace of Mind+ is also available on the Playstore.

Out of beta now so future updates will mainly be bug-fixes. Your feedback/suggestions/comments are most welcome!

Thanks,
mudar
24th January 2014, 04:17 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:

APK and Changelog are provided in the OP. Peace of Mind+ is also available on the Playstore.

Out of beta now so future updates will mainly be bug-fixes. Your feedback/suggestions/comments are most welcome!

Thanks,
mudar

Nnnniiice work! So will you get/ put it into the f-droid repository as well? Looking forward to it!
(also, please tell me if the people from f-droid put it into their repository or if a developers has to do that. It could be just them, because all the code is available and they build it from source by themselves to make sure applications don't differ from the code they link to/ offer)
24th January 2014, 09:03 PM |#21  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

Thanks @benkxda! Did you try-out the v07a and v07b versions (attached here)? the latter doesn't play video and they both use ugly colors to try to understand what zone/element holds the strange pixels!

However, I do suspect an issue with the custom ROM or the custom DPI value used

Quote:

Thanks,
mudar

Screenshots of Version 7A and 7B. Pixels still appearing. No change with Version 8. However, it's not hurting.

Version 7 A

Version 7 B

Version 8

I tried 7A and 7B without the enabled software navbar, also with the native DPI @ 320 dpi. Nothing changed there, as well.

Quote:

When done, I hope to refactor the Fairphone OS launcher.

What's that? Why did you strike that? I don't mind if you would touch that as well

EDIT:
Upgraded the S3 LTE to CM11 (Android 4.4.2). Regardless to software navbar and dpi settings - it just works now. So forget this problem on (maybe all ROMs with) Android 4.4.2.
But you could update the Help page, it's up to 12 hours now, what is really great.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)