[4$] X1 Touch Screen/Digitizer Module

Search This thread

jkoljo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 18, 2009
Tampere
Cool, just have to find out if it is really genuine! You never know, its DX.. If it actually is, bye bye irritating screen protectors.

eDaniel

Sep 3, 2009
I will post photos when I receive it. I'm eager to remove the thick plastic cover I use to protect the screen - the touch sensitivity is definitely affected by its thickness.

I doubt this is a genuine part - what's important is to work as such.

jkoljo

Jun 18, 2009
Tampere
DX is slow during christmas and new year season, so you might have to wait a long time for it. Also the hong kong post is slow now :(

But i am waiting eagerly for the photos!
Hope it will perform well.

hari_gp

Jan 9, 2010
hi.. i am working on a new project with touchscreen..
can any one provide me links where i could buy this module...

mbednar1

Nov 8, 2009
I've just recived mine, here are some photos. How it works i will be able to tell next week, i think, because I don't think i am able to change it myself.

Attachments

• DSC_3131a.jpg
    DSC_3131a.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC_3132a.jpg
    DSC_3132a.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC_3133a.jpg
    DSC_3133a.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 274
  • DSC_3135a.jpg
    DSC_3135a.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 247

eDaniel

Sep 3, 2009
I'm afraid the cargo camel that brings the goods from hongkong probably has a flat tyre somewhere in the desert... so my digitizer is still on the way. :)

jackleung

Apr 10, 2005
USA
For anyone that had experience replacing the digitizer, does it involve soldering??

jjj133

May 18, 2009
They do not need soldering. Just got done replacing mine with this a few weeks back. Took me about 3 hours. I also purchased this set of tools as well: dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.29544

They are invaluable, if I didn't have them I would have never got past the first couple steps.

I used this tutorial mostly (along with a couple others) to guide my way thru: formymobile.co.uk/xperiadisassembly.php

There are also many other ones if you google X1 disassembly. The only part I F-ed up on was during the removal of the metal trim ring that is glued to the old broken digitizer module. This is very thin. I bent mine in a couple of spots. Use a heat gun to warm it and it will slide right off.

Reassembly went OK. If I remember right something fell out and I couldn't figure out where it went but after looking at multiple guides I figured it out.

Mine works 100%, already ordered another one. I see they also have the actual LCD screen now too at Dealextreme.

Last edited:

jackleung

Apr 10, 2005
USA
Thanks for the info. I think I got some water leak in the digitizer. A little bit of the upper right corner area was not working last week. But the whole touch panel is not working today (already flash stock rom back to make sure it's not software issue). I think I will just buy the LCD+Digitizer in ebay (about $40) and let's see how it goes....

Oct 16, 2008
Hi guys,

I remember I also bought a digitizer once for a HTC prophet and the quality was noticeably lower than the original. I lost contrast on screen and had other issues. Is this one exactly the same quality as the original touch screen ?