FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

 View Poll Results: Should I Continue Maintaining xKernel for Ray, What Say You?

No. You done enough
 
18 Vote(s)
6.02%
Yes you should
 
276 Vote(s)
92.31%
Not necessary
 
11 Vote(s)
3.68%

[xKERNEL|ICS&JB|27/11] xKernel v9.587-D | another version that not released

1,640 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,134
 
By sirkay, Senior Member on 13th March 2012, 10:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st March 2012, 01:05 PM |#91  
hansip87's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 2,152
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkay

kernel update with FPS limit removed .. see first post

Woohoo! Got 72fps now! Thank you so much sirkay
21st March 2012, 01:19 PM |#92  
sirkay's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag KL
Thanks Meter: 2,134
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansip87

Woohoo! Got 72fps now! Thank you so much sirkay

no prob, just return the favor buddy

Sent from my ST18i using xda premium
21st March 2012, 01:24 PM |#93  
hansip87's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 2,152
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkay

no prob, just return the favor buddy

Sent from my ST18i using xda premium

Off course mate Umm, but i wonder how can you manage such a thing? :/ or is that the update.zip from aractarc is not compatible with my previous CWM (5.0.2.7)?

UPDATE: A bit of tearing while recording video and playing them.. :/ is it because of vsync issue or ICS Camera driver issue?
21st March 2012, 02:15 PM |#94  
sirkay's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag KL
Thanks Meter: 2,134
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansip87

Off course mate Umm, but i wonder how can you manage such a thing? :/ or is that the update.zip from aractarc is not compatible with my previous CWM (5.0.2.7)?

UPDATE: A bit of tearing while recording video and playing them.. :/ is it because of vsync issue or ICS Camera driver issue?

because of vsync. driver is another part for improvement and smoothness. glad you reached 71fps w/ stock rom. now you can show it to jj that you have 71fps too

Sent from my ST18i using xda premium
22nd March 2012, 01:57 AM |#95  
Taverius's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rapallo
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Canabalt doesn't lag anymore -> Life complete -> Nirvana achieved -> Goodbye, cruel world.
22nd March 2012, 03:56 AM |#96  
hansip87's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 2,152
 
Donate to Me
More
Sirkay, just want to report that if we flashes your kernel, we should flash doomlord superuser package again. It seems that because of superuser problem, samba filesharing (which I use) won't successfully release its wakelock. It's better to keep superuser separated from kernel but keep the recovery intact.

sent from my white ray using XDA App
22nd March 2012, 04:49 AM |#97  
hansip87's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 2,152
 
Donate to Me
More
Hey sirkay, sony already released the kernel source said doomlord.. you might wanna check them out and hopefully ported the kernel to ray.. thx a lot bud.

sent from my white ray using XDA App
22nd March 2012, 06:21 AM |#98  
sirkay's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag KL
Thanks Meter: 2,134
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansip87

Sirkay, just want to report that if we flashes your kernel, we should flash doomlord superuser package again. It seems that because of superuser problem, samba filesharing (which I use) won't successfully release its wakelock. It's better to keep superuser separated from kernel but keep the recovery intact.

sent from my white ray using XDA App

okay will check on that. maybe because i change "export PATH" to read /system/bin first instead of /sbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansip87

Hey sirkay, sony already released the kernel source said doomlord.. you might wanna check them out and hopefully ported the kernel to ray.. thx a lot bud.

sent from my white ray using XDA App

whoaaaa .... check right awayyyyy
22nd March 2012, 07:13 AM |#99  
slasherzx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Zamboanga City
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Does this work on ka08 custom tom?
22nd March 2012, 07:49 AM |#100  
sirkay's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag KL
Thanks Meter: 2,134
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slasherzx

Does this work on ka08 custom tom?

i never test on ka's rom, cant confirm that

Sent from my ST18i using xda premium
22nd March 2012, 09:21 AM |#101  
Taverius's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rapallo
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansip87

Sirkay, just want to report that if we flashes your kernel, we should flash doomlord superuser package again. It seems that because of superuser problem, samba filesharing (which I use) won't successfully release its wakelock. It's better to keep superuser separated from kernel but keep the recovery intact.

sent from my white ray using XDA App

Want to be careful here - until this one we've all been running kernels that mask superuser-mode busybox mount etc with kernel version.

If you get issues from that, it's because busybox in the ROM is at fault, you've just never been able to use it before. But now, binary upgrades will actually stick.

If love to hear from an Android kernel guru if the path is the optimal way of avoiding binary masking.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ray, ray kernel, sirkay, urushi, xperia ray

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes