Sub Forum For Korean Note SHV-E160

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

porkenhimer

Apr 9, 2009
Can someone at XDA please start a sub forum for the Korean Note? People with versions SHV-E160K SHV-E160L & SHV-E160S need a place to discuss their devices and get some development going on for their Notes too. I believe if they had their own forum they too would have custom roms and mods for their devices instead of asking on the other Note forums if our roms will work on their devices.

Last edited:
Can someone at XDA please start a sub forum for the Korean Note? People with versions SHV-E160K SHV-E160L & SHV-E160S need a place to discuss their devices and get some development going on for their Notes too. I believe if they had their own forum they too would have custom roms and mods for their devices instead of asking on the other Note forums if our roms will work on their devices.

I don't think your right about that. If there was devs with the device of course they would dev for it.

Agoattamer

Jan 25, 2010
PA

I do believe they desrve their own niche somewhere. I doubt they will get their own section but maybe a sub forum under the n7000 or I717 forum.

reazbuet99

Apr 25, 2007
Thanks for your proposal. We also need a froum or subforum for Japanese Version of Galaxy Note SC-05D

Ravified

May 12, 2012
Perth

+1
Any moderators listening? A sub forum under i717 would certainly be helpful for Korean G note users

kinghorsey

Oct 27, 2010
I know its not a popular phone but a friend of mine and his wife living in Korea both have one and as it stands now I think he can only just barely root the damn thing.
(She has the exclusive to Korea pink version)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

cornbread0715

Jun 6, 2009
Honolulu
Korean Note

I know its not a popular phone but a friend of mine and his wife living in Korea both have one and as it stands now I think he can only just barely root the damn thing.

Dont put out this bad information I also have a Korean note and it was easy to root. I also would like to see custom roms.

armyboy11b

Feb 10, 2012
new orleans
i dont think this will happen.not enough ppl have one and as far as custom roms go..i dont even think thiers any devs to even do any??
but i do think its a good idea for ppl who own this version of the note so you all can talk and discuss.
good luck...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

darknoon77

Jun 27, 2012
Ottawa

Your friends can ask their korean friends for help. There are lots of forums to root and customize E160. All they need is understanding Korean language. lol

Sent from my SGH-I717M using xda app-developers app

Hi Guys,

I was able to root my Galaxy Note SHV-E160s. I know it is rooted because I can run apps that needs root access. Many Thanks to Tegrak who made this possible. Now the only thing missing is a CUSTOM ROM. Before, they said that it is impossible to upgrade the HTC BlueAngel to Windows 6.5, but it was a success and now an old friend on mine (D-TWO) was able to make android work on it. Before, they said that HTC HD2 can not be upgraded to Android but lookwhere it is right now. Running on ICS and beta JB. Galaxy Note SHV-e160s, is not far from it. If more people will request here, developers will listen. Please let's make this happen.

I want to share how I was able to root my Note (SHV E160s) successfully. All credits goest to Tegrak.

References: http://pspmaster.tistory.com/181

http://tegrak2x.blogspot.com

http://rootgalaxynote.com/galaxy-no...-galaxy-note-lteshv-e160s-shv-e160kshv-e160l/

First I downloaded these files

>Tegrak-Kernel-Build-32-for-SHV-E160S-FA09.recovery.tar
>Tegrak-Kernel-Build-32-for-SHV-E160S-FA09.zip
>SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_x86.exe
>SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.exe
>Odin3_v1.85_intratech.zip
>TEGRAK app https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS50ZWdyYWsubGFnZml4Il0.

The Build number of my Note is SHV_E160s_FA09, that's the reason why I'm gonna use the files mentioned above.

1. Installed TEGRAK APP. (look in Google Play)
2. Save Tegrak-Kernel-Build-32-for-SHV-E160S-FA09.zip on my phone. Should be in internal memory /sdcard/tegrak/update folder
3. Save the file Tegrak-Kernel-Build-32-for-SHV-E160S-FA09.recovery.tar in my laptop
4. Installed Samsung USB Drivers
5. run ODIN
6. Turned off the phone and went to download mode (hold power + home button + volume down key)
7. Connected the phone to my laptop
8. Once Odin detected the phone I clicked on PDA and searched for Tegrak-Kernel-Build-32-for-SHV-E160S-FA09.recovery.tar

NOTE: Do not tick on anything, just leave everything the way it is.

9. Click on start....wait....wait...it will tell you when it's done and you phone will automatically boot itself
10. Turn off the phone again.
11. Go to recovery mode (power button + BOTH volume keys0 and once you see the SAMSUNG name, unhold the power button while holding BOTH volume keys. And you will have the recovery mode. You will have two options, select the second one where it says install from ZIP and look for Tegrak-Kernel-Build-32-for-SHV-E160S-FA09.recovery.tar and flash it. Once done, it will reboot your phone.
12. Go to your apps and run Tegrak Kernel App. Tap on Enable rooting. And will then give you a message where it says "Success! done."

Your Samsung Galaxy Note SHV-E160s is now ROOTED.

Try it, run some apps that needs root access.

Now, let's look for a custom ROM!

malac20

Aug 28, 2011
hi there my friend...

yeah, i succeed to install newest firmware - ice cream sandwich 4.0.3., i also succeed to ROOT my SHV-E160S - and can install adway, superuser, battery calibration and other cracked softwares that need ROOT permission, but really we NEED CUSTOM ROM, I'm not really satisfied with this one, also I have problems with only 80 characters in SMS...

@red_hanks, what do you suggest?

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

and yeah of course, PLEASE, PLEASE admin/mods, open an sub forum for us, those who have SHV-E160S, that would be great idea and we need "more space" to talk about some problem that this (could be great)mobile phone have.

andybol

Aug 13, 2012
SHV-E160S trying to root it..

hi there my friend...

yeah, i succeed to install newest firmware - ice cream sandwich 4.0.3., i also succeed to ROOT my SHV-E160S - and can install adway, superuser, battery calibration and other cracked softwares that need ROOT permission, but really we NEED CUSTOM ROM, I'm not really satisfied with this one, also I have problems with only 80 characters in SMS...

@red_hanks, what do you suggest?

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

and yeah of course, PLEASE, PLEASE admin/mods, open an sub forum for us, those who have SHV-E160S, that would be great idea and we need "more space" to talk about some problem that this (could be great)mobile phone have.

Hi, I asume you upgrade it by kies, then rooted it?? did you use the manual from red_hanks??

malac20

Aug 28, 2011
that's right, but we have found another one (maybe better :p) tutorial;

SHV-E160S Samsung Galaxy Note
Written by Marvill Web Development Published on 03 August 2012

I recently acquired a galaxy note that was manufactured in korea the specs are similar to the galaxy note manufactured here in the Philippines however 4G LTE Version and has an internal storage of 32GB. What is noteworthy to consider is it comes with the software upgrade from Samsung with Google’s ICS 4.0.4. For those interested in getting the galaxy note version you have to remember that there are slight difference in their software even its developers have a different approach in rooting the device.

The major problem with this device is its SMS service since it is limited to 80 characters only and it automatically converts it to MMS which don’t really use here in the Philippines, even installing Handcent and Go SMS Pro doesn’t support sending with its SMS service. If you can live with sending multiple SMS with 80 characters each then this version is ok for you.

I know a lot of you are asking can it be rooted??? Well the good news for you is it can rooted but you have to follow the steps that I was able to gather from the net. I don’t take credit from any of this development I am just summarizing the research I was able to gather from the net. So not unless you are ready to gamble your device remember that it might take hours for you to recover your device just in case you brick it.

Links required for upgrading and rooting:

Here you will be able to find the download file for Samsung Kies. (Required for Galaxy Note Drivers)

http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/Samsung/Kies_2.0.3.11082_152_4.exe

Here you will find the list of flashable firmwares for your device.

http://pspmaster.tistory.com/m/post/view/id/179

Here you will find the rooting files that you will need to use to root your Galaxy Note:

http://pspmaster.tistory.com/181

Here you can download the ODIN 1.85. (Required and will be used to flash stock firmware and recovery.

http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/Samsung/ODIN/Odin3_v1.85.zip

Take Note of the firmwares name when you download the one which has FA09 is the gingerbread firmware and the one which has UF13 is ice cream sandwhich. Please make in downloading the recovery and zip you should match this filename also.

Flashing Stock Firmware:

1. Download your choice of firmware, the file has been split to several parts so you will need 7Zip to extract them in one sing Tar file. Each Split of file amounts to 10MB except the last one.
2. After having downloaded all the files make sure to download Odin 1.85
3. Completely Shut Down your device, once device has been shut down press the following combination Vol Down + Home + Power (You will See a Korean boot logo) Once you see the Logo press up then you will enter Download Mode.
4. Fire up Odin then connect your USB cable with your desktop and device. You will then see in Odin that your device com port filled in yellow that means your devices is detected and ready to be flashed. Click on PDA and select the firmware that you have extracted and press start. Make sure that your device is in a solid state and stable while flashing.
5. Once Success of Update has been made then the device will reboot with your firmware this may take a few minutes in booting up.

For Rooting the device here are the steps:

SPECIAL THANKS TO Jayson Post on Steps how to Root. Ok for those of you who are new to this (like me) i managed to root it; because i can now access system files so im pretty sure i’m rooted (because rooting gives you access to system files! kinda like getting permission for administrator control over your device). i’ll make it as detailed as possible for us noobs make sure you download Odin, the .tar file and the .zip file for your specific model.

1. turn off your korean Galaxy Note (mine is SHV-E160S)
2. connect usb cable to your pc (make sure you have Samsung Kies installed so your phone will be recognized during recovery mode)
3. hold down the ff buttons: volume down + home + power, you will see a warning sign with korean writing…… press volume up
4. go to your desktop/laptop and run Odin v1.85, you should have a yellow “0:[COM10]” at the left side to continue
5. look for a tab that says “PDA” and select the .tar file for your model (in my case i’m using a SHV-E160S model so my file was “Tegrak-Kernel-Build-32-for-SHV-E160S-FA09.recovery.tar”)
6. click “Start” and wait for the reboot
7. next is turn off the device again, once the device is fully turned off… hold the following buttons: volume up + volume down
8. while holding down the volume buttons, turn on the device by pressing the power button
9. you should be in Tegrak’s recovery mode by now, you will be in a black screen with writings saying “Tegrak Kernel Build 32″ highlighted yellow at the top of the screen
10. navigate the menu with the volume buttons and select by pressing the home button…. search for your .zip file (in my case it is “Tegrak-Kernel-Build-32-for-SHV-E160S-FA09.zip”) and select that with the power button

Next thing i did was wait for the device to power back up and went in Google Play store. downloaded “Tegrak Kernel” first then downloaded “Superuser”. opened Tegrak Kernel and tapped “enable rooting”.. with this i was able to access my system files with this method http://dottech.org/android/17673/use-android-mate-free-to-remove-bloatware-from-your-android-phone/

Battery Efficiency:

After a number of test for the Galaxy Note the following things are required to get the best out of its battery usage.

Free Apps to Download:

1. Battery Calibration
2. Tegrak Overclock
3. CPU Spy
4. Temp CPU

Paid Apps Optional

1. Tegrak Overclock Donate (In this app you will be able to adjust voltage of your kernel however please proceed with caution)
2. Rom ToolBox Pro
3. CPU Sleeper

Steps to get the best out of your battery: (Preferred to be done on the evening before you sleep)

1. Charge your device to 100% then start Battery Calibration and Allow Permissions
2. Once you have reached 100% turn off device remove battery for a minute or two and plug it back in then start your device again.
3. Once you have boot your device go to ROM Toolbox and use Auto Start check out the Apps running on startup and disable those you don’t need to run in boot. (Proceed with caution and make sure that you don’t disable system apps which should run on boot).
4. Go to Settings > Apps > and see downloaded apps for some reason ICS starts a lot of applications which you have downloaded Force Close each App that you don’t need to be running in the background.
5. Open Tegrak Overclock and Load Overclock then go to Scaling and choose powersave governor and set min to 192 and the max to 1134 I tested this and it seemed to be able to handle the device properly. (Take Note that ICS applies your current scaling but does not show actual use of CPU this is why you need to download TempCPU which will give you the active scaling of your CPU)

If you like this post please like our page at www.marvill.com so we can add more post how to get the most on SHV-E160S.

~ taken from; http://marvill.com/news-events/marvillblog/104-shv-e160s-samsung-galaxy-note

THANKS MARVILL!!!

larrylong

Feb 20, 2011
Hi Guy,
I am in Vietnam, I just bought SHV-E160s from Korea. Follow some litte forum regarding this phone by English only (can not read Korean in forum KOXDA).
My phone right now already upgrade to 4.0.4 via Kies. But anyway, just stock rom, as others people, I look for cook rom for this phone. But the time being it seems not thing happens yet.

malac20

Aug 28, 2011
Hi Guy,
I am in Vietnam, I just bought SHV-E160s from Korea. Follow some litte forum regarding this phone by English only (can not read Korean in forum KOXDA).
My phone right now already upgrade to 4.0.4 via Kies. But anyway, just stock rom, as others people, I look for cook rom for this phone. But the time being it seems not thing happens yet.

we are all waiting for some custom rom... but... i'm not so optimistic...

P.S. can you upload for us those 6 files from your /system/app folder? called SEC-MMS (with odex and apk extensions)?

Few of us have deleted and now we can not send SMS messages any more without those files, so please, be kind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts