[HOW TO] Root, Unroot, Hotspot, Roms, Tips and more! 11/11/12

Search This thread

troyicus

Oct 20, 2010
Find the ma7 stock deodex rom. Clear system. Flash.

Clear cache and dalvik because you can. Reboot system.

Because you're on ma7 now, ljc roms don't play too very well with it.

~swyped from my galaxy note 2 on the now network

First of all thank you for replying. Much appreciated. Second, you mention "clear system". What does that mean? Do I go into the custom recovery aka Teamwin and do a factory reset and then flash rom? Or are you talking about something else? And third can you tell me which file I should use since you said go with the ma7 stock deodex rom. I want to make sure I have the right one.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658475186

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2152556

Thanks again.

Last edited:

TirithXiato

Mar 18, 2012
Most of the time, the devs say factory reset, but I personally haven't had any problem going into twrp and going to wipe - clear system, and then going to install, and flash the zip file to install a new rom. It keeps your data on there, so you don't lose everything...

Not promising you won't have to clear data, but I've always just cleared system out and cleared the caches

Btw, the link to the android file host will be flashable straight from twrp. The tar files have to be flashed through Odin, I prefer using twrp because it's simple.

Last edited:

skinneejay

Feb 24, 2009
Suck in an activation loop

Hey guys. I made an error this morning. I was doing some tweaking and hit the factory reset on CWM. Now I'm stuck
on an endless boot loop that trys to active the phone. It goes to the home screen where all of my stuff is still there. Nothing has reset.
and it trys to active the phone. Says it actives then wants to reboot to do a factory reset.
I was rooted with a stock rom. Nothing fancy. The phone won't stay active long
enough for me to do anything. What should I do? Is there something in the ToolKit that I can run?

Thank you.

TirithXiato

Mar 18, 2012
Best option... download a stock rom, depending what version you were on. Factory reset within cwm and flash rom.

Perhaps in the toolkit, you can go into the root/unroot options, restore to factory defaults or the option similar, and reroot it...

Mar 14, 2013
Thanks for the helpful guide
27.jpg

Last edited:

yaniel06

Mar 4, 2011
Im on the MA7 build. Can someone point me in the right direction to rooting it. Is it the same as ljc? Can I use the same tool kit 3.0. I dl it but it only has lj1and ljc as root methods.
Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

TirithXiato

Mar 18, 2012
I have successfully used the ljc option on stock ma7.

ddavis300

Oct 5, 2012
wi-fi tethering

does anybody know how i can get my wi-fi tethering to work on my rooted note 2

TirithXiato

Mar 18, 2012
Pay for it? Honestly, some roms have it working and there are some threads over on xda that work...

It is against the terms of service now officially though

WladoWalko

Jan 11, 2013
dead pixel

Hi is normal i have 1 pixel ,,dead,, it is working for green and blue color but, when i have on screen for example full red picture this pixel dont work, is black, have someone the same problem, or dead pixels on note 2? :cowboy:

heat mizer

Nov 29, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Switching Rom base

So can I go from Jelly Bomb to a MA7 by just flashing the appropriate Rom. I read on one of them you had to be in that base but said nothing about how to change from one base to another. Is there a problem just flashing from one to the other. I went to JellyBomb right after rooting but want to try something else? Thanks

padlock

Mar 27, 2009
Albuqueruqe
ARRRGGGGHHHH!!! I've tried a couple of times now and keep running into the same problem. I follow all the steps in the video, granted I chose option 92 boot-insecure-ama7-recovery-SPHL900 as my phone is 4.1.2, everything goes according to the instructions, until the busybox portion. Busybox install goes through and gets to the testing portion, Sending the command 'which busybox' it loads all the way to here:
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2013-04-13 17:05 zcat -> /system/xbin/busybox

An Error Occured
Any ideas? I've used two different cables and two different computers, it happens choosing both option 3 and option 2.

Phone specs:
Android version

Baseband version
L900VPAMA7

Kernel version
3.0.31-903705
se.infra@SEP-92 #1
SMP PREEMPT Tue Jan 29 17:10:38 KST 2013

Build number
JZO54K.L900VPAMA7

Hardware version
L900.09

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Edit: I tired installing busybox as a standalone from the menu and it allowed it. I downloaded titanium backup and it shows my phone as rooted. So if you run into the same problem using 4.1.2 then try installing each item individually or when you get the error just go to the main menu and choose option 13. Install Busybox on Device.

FaTKiDsLoVeCakE

Apr 17, 2013
FINALLY a rooting tut that I understood........
This video tut for rooting is truely idiot proof,seriously,I'm the idiot that got it right!! Thanks for the tut!
Now it's off to see the wizard......

NikkiNickole

Apr 19, 2013
Help Please

I installed JellyBomb today on my samsung note 2 for sprint. It started to load and I saw the blue, and then it powered down. I can't go into recovery mode or anything, but when I take my battery out and reenter it it loads and power off again. My computer doesn't even recognize the phone is hooked up to it. Anyone knows how I can fix this. I did back up with CWM. Thanks!

erk469

Apr 18, 2013
Boston
I installed JellyBomb today on my samsung note 2 for sprint. It started to load and I saw the blue, and then it powered down. I can't go into recovery mode or anything, but when I take my battery out and reenter it it loads and power off again. My computer doesn't even recognize the phone is hooked up to it. Anyone knows how I can fix this. I did back up with CWM. Thanks!

did you clear your data, cache and dalvik cache before installing Jellybomb?

Top Liked Posts