[Q] Stuck in *Daemon Started Successfully* during ROOT

Search This thread

retroflashbacks

Nov 3, 2012
Sup everyone..

Purchased a KF HD (10.2.1) a week ago and is looking to put Google Play Store on it.

I've been using RootQEmu for the actual root..

I downloaded the ADB drivers for the kindle..and although it says "the drivers are not installed correctly"..the details show that everything is okay..

and my kindle also shows as "Android Composite ADB" on my computer's device manager.

I ran the rootqemu.bat file and is getting stuck in step one.

*Daemon started successully* shows up and gets stuck there.

I already tried reinstalling the drivers about 20x and made sure my kindle has ADB debugging on.

please help!!!

Thanks everyone in advance.

spliter200

Jun 11, 2010
Sup everyone..

Purchased a KF HD (10.2.1) a week ago and is looking to put Google Play Store on it.

I downloaded the ADB drivers for the kindle..and although it says "the drivers are not installed correctly"..the details show that everything is okay..

and my kindle also shows as "Android Composite ADB" on my computer's device manager.

I already tried reinstalling the drivers about 20x and made sure my kindle has ADB debugging on.

please help!!!

what worked for me in the past was to go to... assuming you have windows 7
1.control panel and uninstalling the driver. then re install the driver again. (thats the driver given to you by rootqemu)
2.Also if that does not work go to connect the kindle fire hd to computer start>computer>right click on computer>device manager>portable devices> expand the tree> right click and uninstall driver> reconnect kfhd to computer and allow for driver to install>then install rootqemu driver>
3.make sure you have ADB on?
4. rootqemu worked for me after i did these steps.

Jacomo1980

Oct 29, 2012
I'm having the exact same problem here.

RooQemu hangs at *Daemon started successully* and nothing happens

when I try to enter "adb shell" in a cmd i get the error "device not found"

Kindle is shown correct in device manager as "Android Composite ADB Interface" and I can transfer files via explorer without problems.

Windos 7 64 bit and Kindle from amazon Germany Version 7.2.1_user_2040020

Tried on my Laptop and my PC, both with the same result.

At least someone seems to have the same problem as I do. Hope someone comes up with a solution. I tried the steps mentioned above, same result...

retroflashbacks

Nov 3, 2012
1.control panel and uninstalling the driver. then re install the driver again. (thats the driver given to you by rootqemu)
2.Also if that does not work go to connect the kindle fire hd to computer start>computer>right click on computer>device manager>portable devices> expand the tree> right click and uninstall driver> reconnect kfhd to computer and allow for driver to install>then install rootqemu driver>

Thanks man..

unfortunately, it didn't work for me..

i think it might be something with the drivers since it keeps telling me that the install didn't work correctly..and i need to "manually install it".

Any more ideas?

Thanks everyone! :good:

tamoquera

Mar 4, 2012
Thanks man..

unfortunately, it didn't work for me..

i think it might be something with the drivers since it keeps telling me that the install didn't work correctly..and i need to "manually install it".

Any more ideas?

Thanks everyone! :good:

Try this. Install the Android SDK in your computer reboot your kindle and the computer and try again. It worked for me

padest.com

Sep 12, 2012
This problem is due to the drivers!
You need to uninstall the drivers in the device manager, and manually install the drivers from the location you install the ADB drivers.
In my computer, the location is "C:\program files\amazon.com\kindle fire\drivers".

The wrong driver is like this: ”Android ADB Interface“
0843018gyiiyi8fikii8iv.jpg

And the correct driver is like this:
084306p3eeb5evdyonbdo1.jpg

Sup everyone..

please help!!!

retroflashbacks

Nov 3, 2012
Thanks everyone for the responses! I really appreciate it!

It's getting really weird..because even though the drivers said it was installed correctly..everything seemed to install fine.

My device manager do say "Android Composite ADB Interface"

can't do a screenshop because i'm not allowed to post links..

tamoquera

Mar 4, 2012

It's getting really weird..because even though the drivers said it was installed correctly..everything seemed to install fine.

Try to do what PMcHargue explained, it didn't work for me but who knows? Locate the adb_usb.ini file and insert the last line.

"C:\Users\<your username>\.android\adb_usb.ini"

now hjas the line in it,
"# ANDROID 3RD PARTY USB VENDOR ID LIST -- DO NOT EDIT.
# USE 'android update adb' TO GENERATE.
# 1 USB VENDOR ID PER LINE.
0x1949"

And that allowed ADB to see the KFHD7

Jacomo1980

Oct 29, 2012

Hey! I'm the one that had the same problem as you.

I tried everything... Then I installed Android SDK and followed this guide:
groovypost . com / howto / kindle-fire-hd-connect-adb-debug

Then it worked.

Hope that helps!

macravin

Oct 27, 2012

I had the same problem but I did this bur turned my wifi off before step 2. The device appeared with a caution sign next to it in the device manager (no driver installed) but the adb commands started to work and I could root my kindle. Hope this works for you.

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

sdato001

Feb 22, 2012
It didn't work for me with the drivers in this post, it worked using the Amazon drivers from Android SDK.

thedeester1

Nov 16, 2011
Sup everyone..

please help!!!

What worked for me was to download the android SDK into the root folder of the PC...OR C: If you like....I still found that after every step I had to unplug the device and re-plug it (Is that a word) to continue as the device wasnt found. Im now told ADB tools works better? Gotta have another go since Super user didnt get root access....Guess were on the same journey!

matzew

Nov 4, 2012
I have the "Android ADB Interface" and not the Composite one and its worked fine for me

vickyg.coolest

Dec 4, 2012
indore
thanks alot mate ...

i have windows 8 and faced same problem ...
i did what u said n the root method worked like charm..
thanks again

meyert11

Jan 10, 2012
x64 problem?

I'm having the exact same issue, 'daemon started successfully' I think it has something to do with my OS being x64. I kpet the Task Manager open, and it seems like it opens up 2 adb.exe *32 at once. I tried closing one, and the program would continue. I'm using an Intel x64, and I noticed that the only drivers in the Amazon.com folder were *386, and AMD64. I'm not sure if AMD64. Not sure if this added info is relevant, since the original driver is prior to these directories. I hope an easier method evolves.

meyert11

Jan 10, 2012
Update ... I tried downloading the android sdk, then copied the adb.exe over to the Root\stuff folder and it worked! once you copy the adb.exe, just follow the original OP's instructions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sup everyone..

please help!!!