[AOSPA 4.4.4 KTU84P] ParanoidAndroid 4.4+ G2 [06/28]

Search This thread
A

asasione

I'm curious on how devs label their roms, from beta to RC1, what determines the labeling?

From what I've seen on Slimkat from beta to RC1 is when most bugs have been fixed and the Rom has reached a certain (based on judgment of devs) level of stability. @houstonn can chime in more but I think thats the general criteria

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

I'm curious on how devs label their roms, from beta to RC1, what determines the labeling?

From what I've always seen its stability, if they have everything merged that they wanted in there. But I think being this ROM is mainly for nexus devices we may still have some minor stability issues compared to if we had a nexus device.

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

houstonn

Sep 18, 2012
Ontario
well guys.. sorry to say but there's been a delay :( i have all the builds done too.. but the team isn't releasing till tmrw so tmrw it is.. unfortunately i deleted all the builds i done lol i'll just make new builds tmrw.. :)

sending incremental file list
roms/g2/d800/
deleting roms/g2/d800/pa_d800-4.4-RC1-20140610.zip
roms/g2/d800/MD5/
deleting roms/g2/d800/MD5/pa_d800-4.4-RC1-20140610.zip.md5
roms/g2/d801/
deleting roms/g2/d801/pa_d801-4.4-RC1-20140610.zip
roms/g2/d801/MD5/
deleting roms/g2/d801/MD5/pa_d801-4.4-RC1-20140610.zip.md5
roms/g2/d803/
deleting roms/g2/d803/pa_d803-4.4-RC1-20140610.zip
roms/g2/d803/MD5/
deleting roms/g2/d803/MD5/pa_d803-4.4-RC1-20140610.zip.md5
roms/g2/ls980/
deleting roms/g2/ls980/pa_ls980-4.4-RC1-20140610.zip
roms/g2/ls980/MD5/
deleting roms/g2/ls980/MD5/pa_ls980-4.4-RC1-20140610.zip.md5
roms/g2/vs980/
deleting roms/g2/vs980/pa_vs980-4.4-RC1-20140610.zip
roms/g2/vs980/MD5/
deleting roms/g2/vs980/MD5/pa_vs980-4.4-RC1-20140610.zip.md5

houstonn

Sep 18, 2012
Ontario
well, I wanna take this time to post something about this screen issue "issue"

when LG first release the kitkat 4.4 kernel source and made it available... through their site

https://www.lg.com/global/support/o...tegoryId=CAT00000001&osCategoryId=CAT00000002

LG updated all the codes for all the variants and somehow they left out and forgot about the Canadian variant.

when i uploaded it in January - here - https://github.com/TeamLGOG/android_kernel_lge_galbi-kk/commits/kitkat

i had to do all the fixes for the Canadian variants - https://github.com/TeamLGOG/android...mmit/7d473124b8d47c9da822a8216b5a888ac1c9d881

so as u can see LG sometimes doesn't correctly do things lol.. now on another note the screens... When LG updated the kernel source for 4.4 and release it's code for the public , they updated all the PANEL files for all the variants except for some reason they didn't update the D802 variant .. so all the codes from the d802 panel file remained exactly the same as the old 4.2 kernel whereas all the panel codes for all the other variants have been changed and updated..

https://github.com/houst0nn/android_kernel_lge_galbi/tree/test-diff/arch/arm/boot/dts
I could go on and show u guys a lot of code derps which I may think are incorrect but we don't know 100%

The fixes I did for the Canadian variants lg later on updated and added all those fixes I did. Maybe we'll have to wait and see what they will do.

Now i don't know for sure if it's something they missed or it's something they intentionally did..

Last edited:

mgear356

Jun 13, 2008
Houstonn thanks for the updates..

Erm so am I right to say that it's not safe to flash d802 roms due to outdated panel codes from LG? Or you already fixed it in the upcoming rc?

houstonn

Sep 18, 2012
Ontario
Houstonn thanks for the updates..

Erm so am I right to say that it's not safe to flash d802 roms due to outdated panel codes from LG? Or you already fixed it in the upcoming rc?

these are speculations.. im just doing some investigating and looking into the codes more closely.. when u get source code for OEM's u would figure it's completely 100% safe..

i don't and wont make changes unless i know for sure and if i was on the device i know that is more affected.. I guess i've been bless and lucky enough to have a good device, I've flashed mine a thousand times over .. hot or cold, in or out, up or down.. lol but yes i've taken my phone with me in the sauna many times LOL and i kid you not..

there is alot more i'd like to post and explain and show but i wish there was like an easy way to show especially you guys that are not so literate with codes.. what i dont' like is that ppl are pointing here or point there and all it takes is someone creditable enough to say something stupid and the whole world follows altho in that particular subject he knew nothing. lol.. usually u will not hear me speak much but when i do i try to make sure it's sorta backed up .. I'm pretty sure if i went into a debate battle and with all you great supporters of mine would probably back me up even if u didn't even know wtf i was talking about or even if i knew wtf i was talking about hahaha..

ppl are so quick to jugde..

Hiniakel

Jun 17, 2008
these are speculations.. im just doing some investigating and looking into the codes more closely.. when u get source code for OEM's u would figure it's completely 100% safe..

i don't and wont make changes unless i know for sure and if i was on the device i know that is more affected.. I guess i've been bless and lucky enough to have a good device, I've flashed mine a thousand times over .. hot or cold, in or out, up or down.. lol but yes i've taken my phone with me in the sauna many times LOL and i kid you not..

there is alot more i'd like to post and explain and show but i wish there was like an easy way to show especially you guys that are not so literate with codes.. what i dont' like is that ppl are pointing here or point there and all it takes is someone creditable enough to say something stupid and the whole world follows altho in that particular subject he knew nothing. lol.. usually u will not hear me speak much but when i do i try to make sure it's sorta backed up .. I'm pretty sure if i went into a debate battle and with all you great supporters of mine would probably back me up even if u didn't even know wtf i was talking about or even if i knew wtf i was talking about hahaha..

ppl are so quick to jugde..

Hmm - I like your ROM rlly much and tried all versions of your ROM since first release on my phone and my wifes phone. No problems since "pa_d802-4.3-BETA5-20140520" - both phones (D802-german) have permanently screen damages after flashing after a few days. I never play games, but my wife does. Don't now where the problem is, but both phones a currently in warranty repair. After repair I'l like to flash ur rom again, but I'm afraid to do so.

What shall I do - i don't like stock ROM!

Best regards & thx

houstonn

Sep 18, 2012
Ontario
Hmm - I like your ROM rlly much and tried all versions of your ROM since first release on my phone and my wifes phone. No problems since "pa_d802-4.3-BETA5-20140520" - both phones (D802-german) have permanently screen damages after flashing after a few days. I never play games, but my wife does. Don't now where the problem is, but both phones a currently in warranty repair. After repair I'l like to flash ur rom again, but I'm afraid to do so.

What shall I do - i don't like stock ROM!

Best regards & thx

Hopefully we'll know more by the time u get your phones back. It seems the most affected are d802 and its counter variants like 805 806 etc.

On the last build 0604 for the d802 it had about just over 3000 downloads/ota, Theres more now since the counter got resetted. now I'm not how many had issues but I'm sure if there was which I highly doubt but if there was, maybe 2-3 ppl or none if im correct, so what percent is that.

I would like a few testers in prep for tmrw's release.. so you could test tmrw's release now :)) i only need like 2 form each variant tho

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hiniakel

Jun 17, 2008
Hopefully we'll know more by the time u get your phones back. It seems the most affected are d802 and its counter variants like 805 806 etc.

On the last build 0604 for the d802 it had about just over 3000 downloads/ota, Theres more now since the counter got resetted. now I'm not how many had issues but I'm sure if there was which I highly doubt but if there was, maybe 2-3 ppl or none if im correct, so what percent is that.

Thank u for ur advice - but I don't think it was ur fault! - The same issue happens on a lot of roms and I think you know that and I think u now this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2769770 too. I think its kernel or bootloader issue - but I'm not a developer...

Maybe I should wait a couple of time . hopefully the issue is fixed...

Sorry for my bad english.

xxxrichievxxx

Jul 10, 2010
Notting Hill, London
www.facebook.com

I would like a few testers in prep for tmrw's release.. so you could test tmrw's release now :)) i only need like 2 form each variant tho

Need a d800 tester? What are you looking for in particular? If we get the lines of death? :D

If you still need testers I'll be willing to test since I'm always itching to flash nightlies/newest updates

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

PA+4.4+HALO+-+ABDW.png

AOSPA 4.4+ PARANOIDANDROID
    Kitkat 4.4.4 KTU84P android-4.4.4_r1
    D800 / D801 / D802 / D803 / VS980 / LS980

Download ROMS from DOWNLOADS

make sure you are on the latest TWRP (there are issues with CWM - u may try unofficial CWM)

DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL LG KK MODEM FOR YOUR VARIANT & FLASH AFTER rom/gapps

1. DOWNLOAD YOUR ROM

2. DOWNLOAD THE LATEST PA 4.4.4 GAPPS PACKAGE - always check/use up to date Gapps unless otherwise noted

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=15797 - - RECOMMEND mini modular PA Gapps latest
    http://goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/roms/gapps

damage screen thread - visit here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2769770

Wipe Fresh Clean Install (you all know the procedure)

3. COMPLETE CLEAN WIPE - *includes system*

4. FLASH ROM & GAPPS

5. WIPE CACHE & DALVIK

6. RUN INITIAL SETUP & REBOOT

U MUST BE ON OFFICIAL LG KK MODEM TO BOOT

Let boot take as much time as needed. This will help avoid boot issues.

*not responsible for any damages..*

ParanoidAndroid Website
    PLEASE GO HERE FOR Q&A and let's keep this thread for development thanks..​

DONATIONS,

to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser

CREDITS,

AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid,
    AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past,
    heartfelt thanks to all of you!

Personal Thanks:
    IOMonster
    Shelnutt2
    Jank4AU
    slick_rick
    Ayysir
    xboxfanj
    autoprime
    Wootever
    rchp
    zachf714
    Dees_Troy

BANNERS,

banner_1icu5e.png

banner_2hau5x.png

banner_3y8uie.png

banner_4p0upi.png

banner_505uxa.png

LINKS,

Website & Changlelogs: https://plus.google.com/b/107979589566958860409/107979589566958860409/posts
    Github: www.github.com/paranoidandroid
    Gerrit: review.paranoid-rom.com

Please watch the 2 videos provided below before posting in this thread. thanks

New builds are building . 4.4 beta1 . you guys will be the first non nexus device with pa using 4.4 beta1 unless released unofficially by a non pa member. You need to completely do a clean flash. Last night merges were over 300 files with about 20000 lines of code , so it took me a few hours.

Also the bakedin kernel is my custom kernel with no changes in display or gpu . I've rebased it until we know exactly what the issues are. What I don't understand is why are other ROMs getting them 2 if they are on DR's kernel source. (If they are) .

I've looked at lg's complete stock comparing the variants panel dtsi files and although some are same some are different. I'll investigate more.

I truely believe that a huge main issue is that we are still using 4.2 bootloader since its the only way we can use Loki and have custom recovery . bootloaders and our bootstack plays a huge roll in all updates. Also KitKat changes to bootstack has every bit to do with display panel related stuff. That's also why we can't boot the new kernel on the 4.2 bootstack without adding the codes that jackpotcalvvin discovered to boot the new kernel. If u look at hammerhead it even comes with newer bootstack or some of it when 4.4.3 and that's only a jump from 4.4.2 .

There are a lot of play when a kernel dev does a kernel. Everything needs to align up properly. Like if a kernel dev builds off caf based and the ROM doesn't build with caf base it mostly isn't 100% compatible. Also even updating GPU drivers need the depending repos built along with proper blobs supporting them. Just like using older camera drivers in kernel requires older binary blobs.

By anyways enjoy new release and I'll look more into this.

I'm here, I'm back :) just catching up on some things. Haven't touched a PC in 4 months feels all new lol... I'll do a proper post to come