[Q] Lumia 1020 on 3 network - possible to debrand/unlock?

Search This thread

darkdemon32

Apr 6, 2012
Hey guys,

So this goes out to anyone who may be able to help. I literally just got a new Nokia Lumia 1020 from my network in the UK - 3 (three hutchison UK) and as per usual as with all network only handsets they have branding and their own bloatware stuff on there which slows the handset down and often makes it slightly unstable. I know that with Android handsets it's a simple case of just installing a rooted version of your firmware and then replacing with the native unlocked/unbranded firmware which will debrand your handset, however I've never done such things with windows phones and certainly never messed about with a Nokia.

I've got the Nokia Caresuite but when I got the latest version there was no way to download the various firmwares available due to needing a username/password to login to the care server. Does anyone know where I can get generic firmware which is loaded onto the normal unlocked versions? As I know you can get these through third parties still like Carphone Warhouse and Phones4u, however as my network recently cut ties with both companies I ended up having to get the handset directly through my network. Wouldn't of minded changing networks except for the fact I get great signal through 3 and all you can eat data usage!

Any help from anyone who has achieved this would be great. The product number for mine is the RM-875.

Thanks

Dave.

dare1os

Mar 23, 2010
Edinburgh
Dave,

To debrand your phone follow this process: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2515453

ROM you need to download is one of these:

059T1V6 RM-875 VAR EURO GB CV BLACK
059T4N5 RM-875 VAR EURO GB CV WHITE
059T4N3 RM-875 VAR EURO GB CV YELLOW

Depending on the colour of your Lumia.

As for SIM unlock code, Three UK supplies that free of charge, but the waiting time is up to 7 days. All you need to do is follow this process: http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI...cat=billing,varset_subcat=3772,Case=obj(4363)

Cheers!

Last edited:

ianarg

Apr 20, 2007
I unlocked and unbranded my Vodafone uk 1020. I used an older version of the Nokia suite, downloaded the unbranded rom then upgraded to the latest Nokia suite and updated. I followed one of the links i found somewhere. Worked a treat. I unlocked through Vodafone which was long winded but worthwhile.

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_211 using Tapatalk

drake316

Feb 17, 2013
need GDR3

Hi!, My lumia is 1020 White.

Which rom shuld i use for GDR3. Iam in dominican republic
my services provider is orange dominicana.

Settings

Type Designator : RM-877
Model Name : Nokia 909
Product Code : 059V1Q0
Software Version : 3049.0000.1330.1003
Software Status : Not available

Last edited: