No ROMs work successfully on XperiaT/TL?

Search This thread

nxhappy

Aug 7, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Because I am still a Newbie to XDA, I am not able to post this in development.

Xperia TL Will Not Boot Any Roms, Made for the TL or T

I recently bought a used Xperia TL for $95. Since my in-use phone is a Droid Ultra, I am not gonna even attempt to develop on it.

That's why I bought this device. For development. Not knowing how limited the rom selection is for the device.
Rom's I have attempted to use so far, Have not been working (I tried XperimenT and XGhostRom)

I thought an Xperia T rom would work on it. But i guess they don't.

I did the same process every rom i've flashed in the past uses (Droid 2, Droid X, Evo4G)

>Wipe Data/Cache
>Wipe Dalvik Cache
>Flash rom (for 500mb roms... this device does it in less than a minute. Is that wrong?)
>Reboot. Let it sit an Sony logo for a minute.
>Doesnt boot
>Use PC assistant to restore it.
>Root
>Install BusyBox
>Install CWM
>Try again
>Continues

Is there something im doing wrong?

Status of Device:

Xperia TL
Locked Bootloader
Restoring to stock (as i type this)
Root Method: VRoot

Any help before I end up making this my paperweight?

moliverac8

Jul 28, 2012
Madrid
I think that unlocking you're bootloader would solve your problems.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 mediante Tapatalk

dyfk3l

May 27, 2013
Bavaria (near Germany)

nxhappy

Aug 7, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Any Other Ideas?

When your bootloader cannot be unlocked (http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/instructions), then you have to accept that, I'm afraid.
The only ROMS you can install are stock based ROMS, they work with locked BL. But every other ROM like CM, AOKP etc. won't work on your locked BL. Sorry.

Alright. If there was any way the previous owner would take this back. (I know not to get At&t because of their service locking) what older device do you suggest I look out for? (I'm sure Verizon doesn't lock their phones) but what device should I keep my eye out for?

Durteedee

Nov 6, 2013
detroit
plus.google.com
Alright. If there was any way the previous owner would take this back. (I know not to get At&t because of their service locking) what older device do you suggest I look out for? (I'm sure Verizon doesn't lock their phones) but what device should I keep my eye out for?

Verizon is well known for locked bootloader I think you should pick up an HTC device that can get s off try deving on that or an international Sony phone. The moto g that is unlocked from Google amazon and Motorola is quite dev friendly. As for the tl you have now try putting it up on swappa for like 120 sure it will sell swiftly

KitKat slo"g" slide