FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Official ViPER4Android Audio Effects (FX v2.5.0.5) - New Features & 7.0 Support

4,103 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,280

By zhuhang, Recognized Contributor on 15th March 2013, 04:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th August 2013, 02:52 AM |#5001  
Flag Hasselt
Thanks Meter: 134

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummie

It's one of the security improvements of 4.3 to let you know that this process runs on you background. You can disable that safely without affecting or having issues, just uncheck on "Show notifications" on the App info.

That's what I said but good for the double confirmation and dandan has right, I'll reappear after a reboot, but thanks to the fast click via the notification drawer it's not that bad of a nuisance.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

19th August 2013, 03:16 AM |#5002  
Flag Marbella
Thanks Meter: 103

More
This app is awesome! But if you have a good dac (Galaxy S3's Wolfson DAC) and well recorded songs, this mod won't improve the sound at all.
What I like of this mod is the haas effect (Diferencial surround), which sounds very cool.

Regards
19th August 2013, 03:42 AM |#5003  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Petaling Jaya

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelpernil

This app is awesome! But if you have a good dac (Galaxy S3's Wolfson DAC) and well recorded songs, this mod won't improve the sound at all.
What I like of this mod is the haas effect (Diferencial surround), which sounds very cool.

Regards

Really no effect at all? If its working there will be lots of effect. If no effect at all means its not working at all. So which is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjvzla

i checked EVERYTHING and did every step and still not working..i have root (latest superSU 1.51) and busybox installed and tried everything both installing the apk and moving it to system/app with right permisions and still nothing...

pls help? (Xperia SL)

only install via system/app/ , tried all types of modes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyPiket

@ Reaper5639:
Thanks for the reply and no, i'm not a noob. I know there are 2 versions, 1 for 2.3.X and 1 for 4.X.X. I also know about the drivers and yes, i've tried all of them. The only one that works is "Without VFP" which just doesn't make sense because X10 has a single-core with freq higher than 800MHz. I really don't convolver and surround+ to be disabled! I use a modified stock rom (FeraLab GB v28 ~Harmony~) and yes my phone is rooted.

i'm already using V4A FX v2.2.1.1 with "Without VFP" + V4A XHiFi v2.1.0.2 with "CortexAx with NEON". Don't know if it makes any sense or if it helps but i took libv4a_fx_gb_CortexA8.so from github and placed it in system/lib with root explorer. Don't know why but when i try to place it in system/lib/soundfx (where the driver is placed by the app itself) it doesn't work. So i installed the app with "Without VFP" and the app placed libv4a_fx_gb.so in system/lib/soundfx and after a reboot i placed libv4a_fx_gb_CortexA8.so in system/lib myself.

For now i am very happy with the sound quality of V4A but it's a very weird issue and i still would like to see it solved.

for x10, let me discuss with viper. You tried with vfp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyella

I can't get v4a to work with the stock player in my sgs4. Works flawlessly with every player i've tried except stock..Does anyone know why??..i actually like the stock player that came with my device.

Use fx compatible mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjvzla

I have xperia SL which should i select? I keep getting the install driver prompt

Sent from my LT26ii using xda app-developers app

A8 with NEON
The Following User Says Thank You to zhuhang For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zhuhang Ad-Free
19th August 2013, 03:52 AM |#5004  
Flag Marbella
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuhang

Really no effect at all? If its working there will be lots of effect. If no effect at all means its not working at all. So which is it?

Of course, I feel the effects, they work as expected. I meant I prefer a clean sound coming from the DAC when playing well recorded songs. But on many songs it helps a lot
19th August 2013, 04:01 AM |#5005  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Petaling Jaya

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelpernil

Of course, I feel the effects, they work as expected. I meant I prefer a clean sound coming from the DAC when playing well recorded songs. But on many songs it helps a lot

If you like hi fi sound which is flat response sound. You can try headset correction filter irs.
It will improve the sound if you are a purist.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zhuhang For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zhuhang Ad-Free
19th August 2013, 04:30 AM |#5006  
Thanks Meter: 367

More
Help please, I've been trying to get this latest version up and running, but it just doesn't work. I've tried everything in op n what was said here in the thread.... Please help.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th August 2013, 04:47 AM |#5007  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh4g

Help please, I've been trying to get this latest version up and running, but it just doesn't work. I've tried everything in op n what was said here in the thread.... Please help.

Which device (variant if applicable) and which version of android does your handset have in which you are trying to install V4A on?
19th August 2013, 04:50 AM |#5008  
Flag Somewhere in Canada ;)
Thanks Meter: 601

More
Wow My Nexus 4 sounds so much better
The Following User Says Thank You to yyz71 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yyz71 Ad-Free
19th August 2013, 04:55 AM |#5009  
Thanks Meter: 367

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonexistentParan0ia

Which device (variant if applicable) and which version of android does your handset have in which you are trying to install V4A on?

I'm on stock rooted with 4.2.2 t-mobile us version.

I'm trying to install version 4.2
19th August 2013, 04:59 AM |#5010  
Flag Brazil
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Holy mod!! My Xperia S sounds so much better, it's the perfect combo with the new Walkman

It's a bit power hungry tho :sly:
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunatiic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lunatiic Ad-Free
19th August 2013, 05:45 AM |#5011  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuhang

only install via system/app/ , tried all types of modes?

A8 with NEON

what do you mean all types of modes?

i change settings and get no change in sound, i tried every driver on the list but keep getting the prompt, driver status says NO in everything and version says 0.0.0.0 , tried both compatible and normal modes...tried safe mode and nothing..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best settings, convolver, cure tech+, fx xhifi, irs impulse response sample, settings, viper4android v4a, virtual headphone surround engine+

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)