Post Reply Email Thread
22nd May 2012, 10:46 PM |#81  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,773

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-V

mmhh..sorry ieftm...but i have a similiar thinking...maybe you can clear this..

i had maked a donation thread...and some of us and also i maked a donation...but all response what i got from you guys was you kicked me from chat and say "read through the lines" this is not friendly....so maybe you can clear this situation...i also write emails and got no response...with kind regards...Alex

First of all, I wasn't talking to you. I was responding literally to accusations of the person above, which are not true.

Second, I have never asked you to create a donation thread, nor have I asked for anything from you.

Exploit finding is not an exact science, which literally means that I don't have anything to offer you unless we find something. If you then choose to donate (it's a device fund after all), that is entirely of your own volition.

You were kicked off #revolutionary (not by me personally) because you kept insisting. #revolutionary is a support channel, and one of the primary rules is that we do not talk about future plans, as to not give people false hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingers5

yea we wanna know where that money has gone and what should we expect? some people donated blindly on alex word and i would assume they'd want some answers. hope we get some answers soon

You gave the answer yourself, you donated on Alex's word, apparently, even though he stated he has had no contact about 'work being done', if you choose to call it that.

You can expect the same thing as with all the devices we support (and yes, there are a LOT of them). -If- we find a new exploit that applies to Runnymede, then that device will become supported. No sooner, no later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-V

yeap...first contact was good...so i thought why not...but after that / after some days...mmhhh (because of no responce in any thing..i wrote again...and than comes what i posted some post´s above...mmmmhh...so i´m really happy that fardjad help and made it...thx to him again

You never had any contact with any of the developers for Revolutionary (including myself). That would've been wise before you started the donation thread. This is exactly what I wanted to prevent, false hope.

Regardless, I just came in here to check on Fardjadb's thing. Looks like he found that they forgot to protect 'something' on the XL (by having a tentative look at his stuff), so that's certainly a good find. Not sure about an exploit per se, but nevertheless
22nd May 2012, 11:17 PM |#82  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 911

More
Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to AndroHero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndroHero Ad-Free
23rd May 2012, 09:24 AM |#83  
Recognized Contributor
Flag liverpool
Thanks Meter: 3,352

More
@IEFTM
I didn't donate mate for that very reason that I had no word from yourselves. I advised people to wait for something official but some didn't listen. I appreciate your feedback here as you took time.out to advise us of the situation. As Alex is a know developer I guess some took his word for it. Me however I am cautious and like to see a little before committing myself to donating.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium
23rd May 2012, 12:39 PM |#84  
Flag beirut
Thanks Meter: 346

Donate to Me
More
I am sorry Rev Dev , that is what paul.robo told me , he's a sort of dev too , he told me that the exploit for the Sensation XL was almost ready , but it was originated from your exploit , so you (Rev Devs) refused and said that you wanted it to be your exploit , SO if any of this is untrue i aplogize for any harrasment or any thing ...
23rd May 2012, 06:51 PM |#85  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,265

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieftm

First of all, I wasn't talking to you. I was responding literally to accusations of the person above, which are not true.

Second, I have never asked you to create a donation thread, nor have I asked for anything from you.

Exploit finding is not an exact science, which literally means that I don't have anything to offer you unless we find something. If you then choose to donate (it's a device fund after all), that is entirely of your own volition.

You were kicked off #revolutionary (not by me personally) because you kept insisting. #revolutionary is a support channel, and one of the primary rules is that we do not talk about future plans, as to not give people false hope.

You gave the answer yourself, you donated on Alex's word, apparently, even though he stated he has had no contact about 'work being done', if you choose to call it that.

You can expect the same thing as with all the devices we support (and yes, there are a LOT of them). -If- we find a new exploit that applies to Runnymede, then that device will become supported. No sooner, no later.

You never had any contact with any of the developers for Revolutionary (including myself). That would've been wise before you started the donation thread. This is exactly what I wanted to prevent, false hope.

Regardless, I just came in here to check on Fardjadb's thing. Looks like he found that they forgot to protect 'something' on the XL (by having a tentative look at his stuff), so that's certainly a good find. Not sure about an exploit per se, but nevertheless

ok..hear´s a excerpts from the contact.. :

Code:
[23:16] == Alex-V [[email protected]/web/freenode/ip.79.233.95.103] has joined #revolutionary
[23:19]  Alex-V:  what don't you add this link to it:
[23:19]  !donate
[23:19]  donate is http://bit.ly/jhZclF
[23:20]  since that is the official channel to donate to alpharev
[23:21]  * Dan0maN is pinging kmdm, IEF, and attn1 to see if they want to chime in on this donation thread*
[23:22]  thx for that link...on other side we want to know if its possible...and i wanted to know how much € $ we get...and how much we need... :)
[23:24]  quite possible
[23:25]  so again, given your environment isn't wacky, it doesn't take that long to get it done
that was the first contact...do not have copied the next ones...

anyway...you are right...this was on the help chat...but i only want answers for some simple questions...about is it possible...how much €/$ needed...etc..

which i also wrote to the alpharev and the new rev email address...

----------------
but please...be not angry with me...

------------------------------------------

nevertheless...forget the past and back to now and the future....lol....

maybe you have some tips or other things for fardjad...that he can learn more...or maybe you can also work on this

with kind regards..Alex
23rd May 2012, 07:49 PM |#86  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,265

More
fardjad you are on xda news site

http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-sensation-xl/

with kind regards...Alex
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex-V For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Alex-V Ad-Free
24th May 2012, 08:56 AM |#87  
Flag Viet Nam
Thanks Meter: 5

Donate to Me
More
Thank so much FARDJADB , my htc s-off but i can't flash different stock rom - cid error, i flash custom rom it's ok.

24th May 2012, 10:31 AM |#88  
Flag beirut
Thanks Meter: 346

Donate to Me
More
@fardjad , maybe the failure of the CID check is because of what you may have patched , expecting that it will bypass the CID check ... Try to return this patched part which is responsible for the CID as original for now ...
25th May 2012, 03:05 PM |#89  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Do you guys reckon this thread should be stickied for the time being until we get full s-off?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to anonymous_1997 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift anonymous_1997 Ad-Free
25th May 2012, 03:58 PM |#90  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous_1997

Do you guys reckon this thread should be stickied for the time being until we get full s-off?

yes, and make it a [Dev] Thread too, as this is a Perfect start

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium
25th May 2012, 04:21 PM |#91  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Agreed someone should contact orb or whatever the forum moderator s name is and tell him to do so . I can't at the moment because I am on my phone

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)